Rear Window interior cleaning - IMBOC
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By spectreman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Monster BullittHead

Rear Window interior cleaning

I hate cleaning the rear interior window of the car. I'm too big for the back seat and it's nearly impossible to reach all the nooks and crannies deep down on the deck. And you know how that window likes to take on that film of whatever it is? The stuff that just doesn't want to come off?

It only takes one smudge on that window to drive me nutty, as had happened recently. Not sure how the smudges got there but no matter what I did, I only made matters worse w/whatever I tried & believe me, I tried repeatedly over the last 10 days to clean that window.

A few years back a pro detailer told me his secret formula for cleaning the windows was a drop of baby shampoo in a quart spritzer bottle. I tried that but was often disappointed w/the results. I've since tried a variety of cleaners like Windex, Rainex, alcohol & other products, using cloths, both micro-fiber and cotton towels, as well as paper towels. I'm not sure why, but micro-fiber towels don't work for me on the windows. Overall, the results have been unsatisfactory.

Well, I climbed back in there again yday, this time armed w/quart spritzer bottle loaded w/water and a drop of dish cleaning soap, Palmolive to be exact, and paper towels for the initial wipe-down, followed by a cotton towel.

So first a light misting of the new formula, followed by the paper towel wipe, then the cotton towel to remove any of the paper residue and blammo, finally clean. No streaking, no smudging, no residue of any sort. I think I finally found a cheap solution.
Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 09:01 PM
Supporting Member

Many thanks for the tip. Will give it a try. That back window sure is tough to get to. Looking at the pic of the new 'Stangs, I can't help but think they have it even worse than we do.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Monster BullittHead

Someone on another Stang site suggested I try newspaper in the cleaning process so for yucks and grins, I did today and that worked really well. So lemme add another suggestion to my original post.
Lee

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 05:28 PM
Car Whisperer

yep, newspaper, if you still get one, good way to go to negate streaks. I too hate getting back there. already didn't fit and now with the 3pt roll cage, even worse.

1996 SVT Cobra
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 09:24 PM
Supporting Member

One thing a ragtop holds an edge on, right?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode