2017 National Mustang Day and HoonDog - Page 3 - IMBOC
 48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 09:25 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Garage
The Texas Posse is on the road! The Houston team just gave me the call they have started out and I shall be out the door in less than an hour.

My name is David J. Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me that. You can call me David. Or you can call me David J. Or you can call me David Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me David J. Midgley....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 09:50 PM

PY-Like BullittHead

Just got back from registration and cookout at the host hotel. Seems to be a fair turnout but I was expecting more. I saw a couple Bullitts, including RED but no Hoondog members, that I saw. Where is everyone? I expect to see everyone tomorrow at the car show.
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 12:28 AM
Charles

GONE TO PLAID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDW - 852 View Post
Just got back from registration and cookout at the host hotel. Seems to be a fair turnout but I was expecting more. I saw a couple Bullitts, including RED but no Hoondog members, that I saw. Where is everyone? I expect to see everyone tomorrow at the car show.

We were scattered around. How could you miss the hawk? Lol. We'll definitely be in full force at the show tomorrow.

Glad you made it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 12:56 PM
Quest for single digits

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDW - 852 View Post
Everyone was in my motorhome having a party. Parked at the top end of the parking lot with the black trailer hooked up to it.

Visit the New
and the New

WHEELS WAY UP
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 05:54 PM

PY-Like BullittHead

WOW, great car show. Lots of Mustangs of every model. Hoondog was out in force and had a display set up out front. Kurt gave a good presentation on how Hoondog (and Bullitt owners club before it) was formed. He gave a great overview of Hoondog (and IMBOC) relationship formed with Ford which eventually resulted in obtaining the prototypes.

There were about 7 Bullitt in attendance, 2 2001 and 5 2008/09. All in Green. I did not see any black or blue Bullitts. But there were enough other Mustangs to keep everyone busy.

Great show everyone. Thanks.

Last edited by JackDW - 852; 04-16-2017 at 03:24 PM.
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 09:10 PM

Thanks for the recap, so wish I could have made this one.

Visit the New
and the New
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 10:19 PM
Charles

GONE TO PLAID!

2017 National Mustang Day and HoonDog

Here's a few pics from the road.

post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 08:35 AM

Love the road shots. 55MPH tow speed limit, ugh. That might have helped you get 15MPG?
Now did you crawl in the door too to make it seem like NASCAR?

Visit the New
and the New
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 08:56 AM
Charles

GONE TO PLAID!

2017 National Mustang Day and HoonDog

Yep. Driving the limit of 55. Yep. Sure.

I'm getting 13-14 mpg with the Eco 3.5

Fenders fold down to allow access.

post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 10:23 PM

Monster BullittHead

Other than needing a fuse, it went well. But I arrived thinking there was at least some semblance of a museum in the works. That is not the case. 2800 miles for a car show that was little more than a show and shine, and a "presentation" about the planned museum that appears to be no more than some wishful thinking were not what I expected. I would caution anyone considering buying a "charter membership" into this project.

And the lack of planning and preparation, from simple things like providing maps and directions to everything to the nearest carwash (and no, a sign at the hotel directing attendees to a nearby parking lot with a hose does not count), to where the various events were being held pointed out what good events are routinely put together by Hoondog.

But the Wheels Through Time and Barber Racing Museums we toured on the way up and back were excellent.

Last edited by Lambo; 04-19-2017 at 10:38 PM.
post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 08:50 AM

Super BullittHead

Except for the HoonDog vehicles 'Red' and 'Blue', and Kurt's presentation, this event was utterly forgettable.

What would have been the Highlight of the event, (a tour of a partially-completed museum) turned out to be a vacant lot.....with fire ants.

Lambo likes this.

Last edited by Bullitt-Driver; 04-20-2017 at 12:59 PM.
post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 10:09 AM

PY-Like BullittHead

I agree that the highlight was the HoonDog vehicles 'Red' and 'Blue', and Kurt's presentation. I think that there were more vehicles on Monday for the cruise and tour of the Petty Museum than at the car show. If I can get them uploaded from my Phone, I will try to post some pictures later. Most likely not before the weekend.

In my case, I have a house local to this event and did not have to travel far plus no hotel expenses so it was better than a local one day car show but not where near the Hoondog events. I pointed several other Mustang Owners to the Hoondog site as they had never heard of them. Maybe get even more participation at those events.
post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 12:18 PM

Monster BullittHead

What also concerns me is the presentation Sunday afternoon, before the Texas contingent left. A hand drawn floor plan, a front elevation drawing, and a whole bunch of details about the grand opening party next year. No detailed blueprints, no artists renderings, no specifics about anything. Like coaching a football game when you just worry about the hot dogs and popcorn and ignore the game itself. Just a bunch of pie in the sky blather.
DavidMidgley likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode