They’re Back: Another chance to own a Shelby GT350 and GT350R - IMBOC
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

They’re Back: Another chance to own a Shelby GT350 and GT350R

Ford announced the return of the 2018 GT350 and GT350R.

More...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 01:26 PM
Supporting Member

Why bother? I know where a 2017 still sits, the dealer foolishly asking a $10,000 "additional dealer markup"...
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 12:49 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

That should pretty much kill any chance of a 2018 Bullitt.
pwd72s likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Perry -
Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked GT Fog Lights, H&R 25 mm Wheel Spacers, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Retro Rings Chrome Gauge Rings, C&L TrueFlow Inlet Pipe, Tuneable Induction Cold Air Intake, Hypertech Power Programmer III

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 09:29 AM
Quest for single digits

Or......you could view it as a way of getting rid of the ADM and actually getting a 350 for list price at the least. I for one don't have an issue with another year of them. Perhaps this will bring out the folks that will actually drive them the way they're intended to be driven rather than an investment certificate.

I know of one guy that bought two 17 R's and they're still wrapped in dealer delivery plastic etc. He has tried to move one of them recently at a substantial profit and no takers. Kinda funny.

Visit the New
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and the New

WHEELS WAY UP
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt3817 View Post
That should pretty much kill any chance of a 2018 Bullitt.
Perry,

As I have said before Ford could not even sell all the 2008 Bullitt Mustangs so them coming out with a 2018 Bullitt is very doubtful.

Terry

2008 Highland Green Bullitt Mustang, the "tiger-machine"

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 11:51 AM

All for it.

The more that are out there the cheaper the prices will be in coming years for people like me who can't afford one with the 90k price tag, for the R model, I am seeing around Houston.

53k miles. 5.0 shifter, drop in K&N, 17x8 black bullitts, DHG pony in grille

Visit the
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 12:00 PM
Supporting Member

Paul said it well...I think it's great when people who think of cars as investments take a bath...Buy a new car thinking it will become a sought after collector car and after the auction is done, end up with less than they paid for it. It happens a lot more often than them making money. Very few new cars become sought after collector cars.

(edit) I'd love to see a world where enthusiast cars are only bought by enthusiasts who will drive them. Yeah, I know I'm dreaming...

Last edited by pwd72s; 04-19-2017 at 12:21 PM.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 04:29 PM

Post My two cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
Perry,

As I have said before Ford could not even sell all the 2008 Bullitt Mustangs so them coming out with a 2018 Bullitt is very doubtful.

Terry
Beg to differ. If you recall, back then economic conditions depressed car sales across the board. Bad enough a certain auto manufacturer needed govt bailout. Most folks had postponed major purchases. It was the right car at the wrong time.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Perry,
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichardson View Post
Beg to differ. If you recall, back then economic conditions depressed car sales across the board. Bad enough a certain auto manufacturer needed govt bailout. Most folks had postponed major purchases. It was the right car at the wrong time.
Mike,

We will have to in this case I suppose Agree to Disagree.

Ford introduced the 40th Anniversary Bullitt Mustang as a 2008 Model from the 1968 original movie Bullitt with Steve McQueen.

As I said Ford could not sell the cars (Bullitt Mustangs) they had planed for 2008 and because of that they over-lapped to 2009 to get rid of the excess inventory.

Bad economic times or not what took place is not my opinion it is simply the facts as they took place.

And based on that I still don't think Ford is going to go down that same path again.

Terry

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 09:10 PM

BullittHead

My $0.02 worth is that the Bullitt just wasn't a popular car at the time. While it clearly appealed to a core group of mustang enthusiasts, to most it was just an expensive trim package and an unpopular color. Nearly 1/2 of the 08-09 cars were red or black. And while economy probably played a part, they sold 14,000 GT500's over 08-09, 2x as many Bullitts and at a higher price.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 10:10 PM
Charles

GONE TO PLAID!

They’re Back: Another chance to own a Shelby GT350 and GT350R

The Bullitt is a niche ride but anyone thinking that the economy tanking in '08 didn't have an impact is mistaken. The entire auto industry took a bath.

You can't compare the Bullitt to the GT-500 sales. There's a name before GT-500. It's Shelby. That tends to get people lathered up. People that could afford a GT-500 also were not as impacted by the economy (in general).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:31 AM

Garage
Quote:
As I said Ford could not sell the cars (Bullitt Mustangs) they had planed for 2008 and because of that they over-lapped to 2009 to get rid of the excess inventory.

Bad economic times or not what took place is not my opinion it is simply the facts as they took place.
Those 2009's weren't just leftover 2008's that had been sitting around on lots for a year.

If the 2008 model year was such a failure, then don't you think they would have STOPPED PRODUCTION, instead of actually building more for the 2009 model year?

08 Bullitt 5389 • 13 FIAT 500 Abarth00 Roush Cougar

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:32 AM

Guys & Gals,

Let me just throw something out here regarding Ford and maybe them coming out with a 2018 Bullitt Mustang.

For you that actually want one and for the even fewer IMHO that would spend the dollars US or Canadian I hope you get your wish.

The INTERNET as we all know is a faceless place and many times what a person post can very-easily get misconstrued as to that person's true-meaning.

Speaking only for myself I think if Ford would do a 2018 Bullitt Mustang they would this time around not make the Mistake of it being Anemic in the POWER department.

So, would it be cool to see what Ford would come out with for a 2018 Bullitt Mustang, Yes !!!

Later,
Terry

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 12:36 PM

BullittHead

I agree with Terry, You wont will see another Bullitt, Not enough demand and it doesn't have the same history as say a Mach 1. I am sure most of you will agree that most people you run into on the street have no idea what a Bullitt is never mind having ever seen the movie.

Look at the design of the 2015 Mustang. FORD did that for a reason. They are trying to attract a younger market segment with a more euro type look. There's not enough of the older generation left to keep buying mustangs based on memories of our youth.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 03:10 PM
Quest for single digits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoughton View Post
My $0.02 worth is that the Bullitt just wasn't a popular car at the time. While it clearly appealed to a core group of mustang enthusiasts, to most it was just an expensive trim package and an unpopular color. Nearly 1/2 of the 08-09 cars were red or black. And while economy probably played a part, they sold 14,000 GT500's over 08-09, 2x as many Bullitts and at a higher price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt 736 View Post
The Bullitt is a niche ride but anyone thinking that the economy tanking in '08 didn't have an impact is mistaken. The entire auto industry took a bath.

You can't compare the Bullitt to the GT-500 sales. There's a name before GT-500. It's Shelby. That tends to get people lathered up. People that could afford a GT-500 also were not as impacted by the economy (in general).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As Charles said......Shelby.....500+ hp out of the box with 700-800 easily achieved with bolt ons. Big difference.

Quote:
Guys & Gals,

Let me just throw something out here regarding Ford and maybe them coming out with a 2018 Bullitt Mustang.

For you that actually want one and for the even fewer IMHO that would spend the dollars US or Canadian I hope you get your wish.

The INTERNET as we all know is a faceless place and many times what a person post can very-easily get misconstrued as to that person's true-meaning.

Speaking only for myself I think if Ford would do a 2018 Bullitt Mustang they would this time around not make the Mistake of it being Anemic in the POWER department.

So, would it be cool to see what Ford would come out with for a 2018 Bullitt Mustang, Yes !!!

Later,
Terry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHBULLITT View Post
I agree with Terry, You wont will see another Bullitt, Not enough demand and it doesn't have the same history as say a Mach 1. I am sure most of you will agree that most people you run into on the street have no idea what a Bullitt is never mind having ever seen the movie.

Look at the design of the 2015 Mustang. FORD did that for a reason. They are trying to attract a younger market segment with a more euro type look. There's not enough of the older generation left to keep buying mustangs based on memories of our youth.
More power cost more money.

If the masses want less expensive then it's a parts bin car. If folks want MEGA power, that costs money, and lots of it. I for one chose a GT500 over the 08 Bullitt as it had what I wanted. The cost was over $10,000 more.

Nothing wrong with the new Mustang GT but I not only wanted GT350, I wanted a GT350R so I paid the piper. Performance and cheap are NOT synonymous.
tigerhonaker likes this.

Visit the New
and the New

WHEELS WAY UP

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode