well it has been loaded on a truck from the dealership last week.
it is on its way to New jersey to be loaded in a container and at some point on a boat.
Crossing take about 12 days.
Then my importer takes it in his custody and does the following:
- pays 10% custom and 20% VAT taxes
- disallow daytime lights in the indicators (front only ?)
- removal/disconnect of sequential turn signal (only 1 turn signal per side)
- add rear red fog light (using existing turn signal I believe) and install corresponding switch near the light switch (left of steering wheel)
- takes it to one of the only 2 official government test center where it is tested for noise/pollution, tyres and wheels checked against manufacturer specs, conformity of front/rear lights, ....
- 3 weeks later he gets the official document that it passes the tests
- he takes that paper to another office which will officially approve the importation of the Bullitt in France (and charge for it)
Finally I can get the Bullitt and register it myself using the above documents
Bullitt 16k USD
Final cost to me
Duration from buying to driving: at best 3 month, so I should have it hopefully in february 2017