435 - IMBOC
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

We've added 2001 #435 to the garage. After a few weeks of searching we picked it up in Atlanta and drove it home to Iowa last week. We've cycle through a collection of "M" named cars: Mustangs, Miatas and Minis. Its been several years since our last Mustang, we needed a break after the last one was vandalized, restored, and later totaled when a tree fell one it.

I first drove a Bullitt in 2001. It was a loaner car provided by Ford for use at the Mustang Club of America's 25th Anniversary Show. Ford let us borrow both a Roush and Bullitt. You can tell which vehicle left an indelible impression.

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

=== This is an automatically generated message ===
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 11:18 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Garage
Good for you!
The Bullitt is a Jack Roush creation you know. He has one of the 2000 prototypes in green and my local Ford dealer Sam Pack has the other.
Maritime likes this.

My name is David J. Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me that. You can call me David. Or you can call me David J. Or you can call me David Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me David J. Midgley....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 12:27 PM

Monster BullittHead

Welcome to the club, from an original owner here in Cincinnati, Ohio! Your Bullitt looks sweet!
Maritime likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BUY AMERICAN GOODS, Your job depends on it

AKA: No Rain Rick, Burnout Rick, Bullitt Rick
H&R Super Sport Springs, Firestone Wide Oval Indy 500 275-45-17 on 17"x9" Bullitts
Original owner, 20K miles (All dry!)
Future Collectible, High & Dry Member
Best High & Dry Bullitt - Bullitt Nationals, Indianapolis 2009
2001 Bullitt #4204
2000 Mustang GT Convertible (Driver, Rare Sunburst Gold)

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 12:59 PM
Supporting Member

welcome aboard!
Maritime likes this.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

I wasn't dinging Jack Roush's contribution to the Bullitt, his signature adorns the underside of the decklid. I just appreciated, then and now, the understated "coolness" of the Bullitt versus the "flashy" appearance of the Roush, Steeda, Saleen and other iterations of the time.
DavidMidgley likes this.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 01:35 PM

Welcome to IMBOC from Kentucky
Maritime likes this.

DHG # 01251-127,000+ miles -ACCEL COP's-LED 3rd Brake Light-Web Electric Sequential Turn Signals-Magnaflow Magnapack Catback Exhaust-Koni STR.T Struts and Shocks-Bullitt Center Caps from On in 60-JLT RAI DHG -Chin Spoiler -Mach 1 Grille Delete-FarmerDons Custom Mesh Grille Insert

USAF 70-74
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 02:27 PM

Monster BullittHead

Welcome to Bullitt World from Daytona Beach
Maritime likes this.

Dave DHG#00040 - Front Chin Spoiler, MGW, Fog Lights, Retro Rings, Drilled and Sloted Rotors and Ceramic Performance Pads, Russell Steel Brake Lines,
Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, MAC Prochamber, 3.73 Ford Racing Gears, JLT CAI, Ford Aluminum Drive Shaft

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 07:15 PM

Howdy new Bullitthead. Welcome to IMBOC.
Maritime likes this.

a.k.a. Hoosier Daddy a.k.a. Eco-Bullitt, Save Water

I'm sorry you find my normal behavior inappropriate.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 09:22 AM

Garage
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime View Post
I wasn't dinging Jack Roush's contribution to the Bullitt, his signature adorns the underside of the decklid. I just appreciated, then and now, the understated "coolness" of the Bullitt versus the "flashy" appearance of the Roush, Steeda, Saleen and other iterations of the time.
No hate noted. Just that some folks don't know that his team assembled the car from a pile of parts, some specifications provided by the Ford team, and some ideas and a drawing.

I wouldn't have known, even as a Bullitthead wanna be from the begining, except that I saw the actual car in Detroit a couple years ago when we toured the Roush museum during the Bullitt Nationals. I thought there was only one, and it was in Sam Pack's museum in North Dallas.
Maritime likes this.

My name is David J. Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me that. You can call me David. Or you can call me David J. Or you can call me David Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me David J. Midgley....
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 03:54 PM
Car Whisperer

Welcome!
Maritime likes this.

1996 SVT Cobra
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 05:19 PM

Welcome to IMBOC the Ultimate Site on the internet for Bullitt Mustang

Owners.

You are going to like being a Member here as the Members are 1st Class

and there is just a Ton of Information here for the asking !!!!!!!!

tigerhonaker

2008 Highland Green Bullitt Mustang, the "tiger-machine"

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 11:52 AM

Congrats on your purchase. Greetings & welcome from a SoCal Bullitthead.
Maritime likes this.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 07:04 AM
Supporting Member

Awesome & welcome to the club! She's a beauty!
Maritime likes this.

- 1970 302 Boss ( deceased
), - 1969 Mach-1 (Sold
), -1982 Ghia ( Sold
) +2009 DHG Bullitt #6005 (
) USAF, Retired (MSgt)
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 08:42 AM

Mega BullittHead

Garage
Welcome from Iowa City!

--
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marguerite View Post
Welcome from Iowa City!
Great to see someone else from Iowa on the forum!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode