"It's all fun and games until the siren's start"

|___|............|___|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 02:33 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpoodle
Parked it in the driveway.. Does everyone walk backwards into the house after they park their Bullitt??
No but my neck has recently began to bother me , maybe a month ago started on the left side for 2 weeks and is now bothering me on the right , Figured I looked back at it too many times before I went in to the house.

"It's all fun and games until the siren's start"

|___|............|___|
post #18 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Got home that evening.. Pulled out the grill, lit the coals, washed the Bullitt while they got hot.. Damn, that’s one pretty car..

Stereo sounds good from outside, especially with the Ipod plugged in..

Steaks, veggies grilled over hot coals, and a nice salad for dinner.. Perfect South Florida evening under the stars..

All I can think of is going for a drive..

Hey sweetie, want to go play in the car a bit?

No??

Hmm, can I go??

Didn’t have to repeat that twice!!

Quickly put together a lil playlist.. Little rock, some country, back to the rock n roll..

Out the door, hit the road.

Heading to the expressway for a cruise. Entrance is about a ¾ mile left hand sweeper that can easily be run in third, maybe fourth..

Looking down, I realize I am doing about 85 without even trying..

Come out of the sweeper, hang the gentle right onto the straight section, yup, triple digits…

Exhaust has a real pleasant note at that speed, but I need to rock n roll, so the shaker starts doing it’s thing.

About 8 miles up the road I go around an 01ish Mustang.. Fat tires, fancy wheels, he’s just playing with his bud in an 07 GT..

Until I go around him..

They gave chase, we kept rolling for a bit, taking turns passing each other, then it was time for them to exit.. A quick toot of the horn, tip of the hand, and home they went..

Damn, triple digits again.. Time to slow down..

Follow the expressway all the way around to the east side of town, head south again.. The downtown area has some killer exit ramps. With my need for speed slightly tempered, I decide to go play there for awhile..

Have I mentioned corners are a riot ??

The Other Scott

post #19 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 10:16 PM

Thumbs up Playing with the Bullitt Mustang in Florida...................

Quote:
Got home that evening.. Pulled out the grill, lit the coals, washed the Bullitt while they got hot.. Damn, that’s one pretty car..

Stereo sounds good from outside, especially with the Ipod plugged in..

Steaks, veggies grilled over hot coals, and a nice salad for dinner.. Perfect South Florida evening under the stars..

All I can think of is going for a drive..

Hey sweetie, want to go play in the car a bit?

No??

Hmm, can I go??

Didn’t have to repeat that twice!!

Quickly put together a lil playlist.. Little rock, some country, back to the rock n roll..

Out the door, hit the road.

Heading to the expressway for a cruise. Entrance is about a ¾ mile left hand sweeper that can easily be run in third, maybe fourth..

Looking down, I realize I am doing about 85 without even trying..

Come out of the sweeper, hang the gentle right onto the straight section, yup, triple digits…

Exhaust has a real pleasant note at that speed, but I need to rock n roll, so the shaker starts doing it’s thing.

About 8 miles up the road I go around an 01ish Mustang.. Fat tires, fancy wheels, he’s just playing with his bud in an 07 GT..

Until I go around him..

They gave chase, we kept rolling for a bit, taking turns passing each other, then it was time for them to exit.. A quick toot of the horn, tip of the hand, and home they went..

Damn, triple digits again.. Time to slow down..

Follow the expressway all the way around to the east side of town, head south again.. The downtown area has some killer exit ramps. With my need for speed slightly tempered, I decide to go play there for awhile..

Have I mentioned corners are a riot ??
Man you do some Great Story telling.

Terry

Brenspeed Talks about a Long Term 1,000 at the Crank H/P Project and Dream Car.

Click on Video Link below to see it on the DYNO
with
it making a Full Blown, Wide-Open, Drive-By.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-brenspeed-talks-about-long-term-projects-and-dream-cars/

post #20 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Now, to properly understand the fascination with the various access ramps on the expressway, you need to understand South Florida..

The roads here are flat..

And straight..

And therein lies the rub: To own a car that is as much fun in the twisties as the Bullitt here is torture..

Yeah, you can romp down the road at ludicrous speeds, but sometimes a guy’s just got to go around some corners..

Quickly..

So, you learn to play the ramps a bit..

In downtown Miamuh, there is a series of ramps that is just plain fun..

IF you don't go over the side and drop down several stories..

First you exit on a two lane ramp that quickly sweeps left, but then you have to jump into the far left lane to make the exit. If your timing is good, there is a quick right at the bottom that when the light is green, or there is no one coming so you can do a ROR, you need to catch properly or hit a wall, then an immediate left (missing the divider curb is a good idea) followed by a short straight which gives you enough time to build up some pretty good speed before the next sweeping left..

One more left, and you are on a very cool RH sweep two lane entrance ramp that takes you back onto the expressway.

Jump across the highway, and a very fast exit ramp takes you towards the beach. Stay in the right lane, jump off at the first exit and then do a U-turn under the over pass and your back on the highway with another sweeping LH ahead that takes you back to the ramp you started on..

Repeat as needed until the rapture overtakes you..

Or you run out of fuel..

The Other Scott

post #21 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Long day, no time to follow up...

Picture for now

The Other Scott

post #22 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 12:19 PM

Thumbs up Nice Pic of your New Ride............

Quote:
Long day, no time to follow up...

Picture for now

Hi The Other Scott,

Man that is a Very Good Looking Car/Ride

Terry

with

http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-brenspeed-talks-about-long-term-projects-and-dream-cars/

post #23 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 12:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Now, to properly understand the fascination with the various access ramps on the expressway, you need to understand South Florida..

The roads here are flat..

And straight..

And therein lies the rub: To own a car that is as much fun in the twisties as the Bullitt here is torture..

Yeah, you can romp down the road at ludicrous speeds, but sometimes a guy’s just got to go around some corners..

Quickly..

So, you learn to play the ramps a bit..

In downtown Miamuh, there is a series of ramps that is just plain fun..

IF you don't go over the side and drop down several stories..

First you exit on a two lane ramp that quickly sweeps left, but then you have to jump into the far left lane to make the exit. If your timing is good, there is a quick right at the bottom that when the light is green, or there is no one coming so you can do a ROR, you need to catch properly or hit a wall, then an immediate left (missing the divider curb is a good idea) followed by a short straight which gives you enough time to build up some pretty good speed before the next sweeping left..

One more left, and you are on a very cool RH sweep two lane entrance ramp that takes you back onto the expressway.

Jump across the highway, and a very fast exit ramp takes you towards the beach. Stay in the right lane, jump off at the first exit and then do a U-turn under the over pass and your back on the highway with another sweeping LH ahead that takes you back to the ramp you started on..

Repeat as needed until the rapture overtakes you..

Or you run out of fuel..
I understand...

My name is David J. Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me that. You can call me David. Or you can call me David J. Or you can call me David Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me David J. Midgley....
post #24 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 04:39 PM

BullittHead

Are you also very active on the Donzi Forums?

Thanks,
Ken

Manhattan Bullitt Owner - Alien Landscape
post #25 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Who Me??

Hi Ken, saw you on another post here, wondered if that was you

Yeah, I have another disease now.. Hopefully I can control this one a little better than my Donzi addiction..

The Other Scott

post #26 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Wow, what the hell was that all about?

Told ya it would be miscellaneous ramblings..

So, back to southbound down..

Hmm, appears the only way to NOT speed in this thing is cruise control..

But of course, when someone passes ya the foot tends to override that… Nice to be able to just let off the gas and it drops back to "normal" speeds.

Desperately need an Ipod interface.. This reaching around looking for the control on it is quite annoying..

Still loving the Shaker, although tonight with the windows down it’s kind of nice to hear both the exhaust AND the stereo..

OOOPS, yeah, the Turbo Porsche was a bit quicker than I thought.. Time to “fumble around” with the radio.. Hey, Sirius is working.. I didn’t sign up, what the heck??

First approach to the beginning of the Miami Grand Prix course…

Woooohoo!! a bit to hot into the corner, time to test the brakes..

Nice

Heading down the ramp, I see I have it timed right.. Drop down a gear, crank the right, head to the left and romp on it..

Needs a higher redline

Head back towards the on ramp.. Darn, something in front of me poking along.. Oh well, that’s why they made it a two lane ramp.. Drift left, pass and drop back into the inside lane again.. Hey, that was fun, how fast am I running?

OOOH, damn

By about the 12th lap I had a pretty good rhythm going..

Most of the ramps were third gear sweepers at that stage. The off-ramp / right turn combo was a second, and will remain that way cause I really have an aversion to walls and interstate support columns..

Pretty amazing vehicle. I am having way to much fun here..

You know, one of the main reasons I bought it was the balance.

Drove the Shelby, and while the whine and raw power were cool, IMO it’s a bit heavy in the front which hampers the handling. Ride is a lot stiffer also, and IMO contributes to some wheel hop that I do not care for.

The Bullitt on the other hand just seems to be about perfect. Corners flat, very predictable in the corners, Tires grip as well as can be expected, but IMO it needs more rubber underneath it.

You can hang the rear out.. Never going to be a “drifter”, but hell, who cares…

About 6 laps later I realize that on the u-turn ramp there is a large parking lot for the Performing Arts Center next to it..

And a City of Miami cop is on duty..

And he’s looking at me REAL hard..

With a handheld radio up to his mouth..

I think I’ll go home and look for the spare keys..

The Other Scott

post #27 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 11:33 PM

Monster BullittHead

You get Sirius 6 months free, Ford has the radio turned on when the dealers get it. Sounds like an intresting time.

post #28 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 12:30 AM

Thumbs up An interesting ride..................

An interesting ride with........... The Other Scott

Terry

with

post #29 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 01:01 AM

Monster BullittHead

Talking Killer post!

Mad you are killing me! I have been going back and forth between another Bullitt an 08 or an 07 SGT. The wife wasn't impressed with the subtleness of the Bullitt but that is my first attraction! The Shelbys a safe bet but I haven't driven either so I am going by what I hear and the ride in the Bullitt sounds better. To many complaints about the ride in the SGT, hell the Ford guys didn't use thier own Ford racing suspension and went and developed new parts just for the Bullitt! Now that dealers are coming down to reality and selling Bullitts at discounts they are cheaper than severely discounted SGTs! I am allready thinking about replacing the faux Bullitt gas cap and steering wheel center cap with plain pony and bars standard Mustang parts just to complete the whole stealth thing! Do you think that Miami cop would have lookked away if you were running all those Shelby racing stripes? Thanks bye the way I think you have finished me LOL!
post #30 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 01:08 AM

Thumbs up Go with the 2008 Bullitt................

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUWITT 4995
Mad you are killing me! I have been going back and forth between another Bullitt an 08 or an 07 SGT. The wife wasn't impressed with the subtleness of the Bullitt but that is my first attraction! The Shelbys a safe bet but I haven't driven either so I am going by what I hear and the ride in the Bullitt sounds better. To many complaints about the ride in the SGT, hell the Ford guys didn't use thier own Ford racing suspension and went and developed new parts just for the Bullitt! Now that dealers are coming down to reality and selling Bullitts at discounts they are cheaper than severely discounted SGTs! I am allready thinking about replacing the faux Bullitt gas cap and steering wheel center cap with plain pony and bars standard Mustang parts just to complete the whole stealth thing! Do you think that Miami cop would have lookked away if you were running all those Shelby racing stripes? Thanks bye the way I think you have finished me LOL!
BUWITT 4995,

Go with the 2008 Bullitt.

Terry

with

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode