Impressions.... - Page 3 - IMBOC
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 09:10 PM

Monster BullittHead

Thanks for the support I knew I could count on my friends here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Next morning I decided to go through the car a bit..

Yup, no paint on the rear axle.. Spray some water up there, hopefully the rust will color it in shortly..

Fit n finish: Well, it looks pretty good.. Iím not to sure about the floppy plastic parts , especially the front chin spoiler/rear valance..
IMO we could use a brace or two there..

Tape mark: checkÖ

Under the hood: OK, so we save .01295 ozís and 12 cents by not painting the valve covers.. Stupid, just stupid..

Not painting the power steering pump is even worse. Ford is clueless about where to save a nickel.. Easily visible components are the wrong place to chintz out..

Passenger side front strut hasnít rusted anymore than the day I got it. Maybe itís that weird steel they use in artwork, you know, it only rusts so much, then the patina stops further rust..

Dash nice and straight. Panels lined up well, gaps even all around.

Canít say the same about the panel under the side windows..

Door panels tight, rattle fee..

Front speakers have the industrial/military look to them.. A bit much, but the sound over-rides the looks..

Mixed thoughts on the shifter.. Realizing it is where it is to keep the throw short, you must also realize it really interferes with the cupholder.. Yeah yeah, I know, but Dunkin Doughnuts coffee accompanies me most everywhere, and I hate knocking the top off with my elbow..

If I could keep the short throw, Iíd move the shifter back where I could grab it with my arm on the arm rest, and move the coffee forward of it..

Speaking of floppy, am I the only one who notices that you can no longer see the gap between the hood and the drivers side fender above 95?

Iím thinking I might have to invest in hood pins..

Needs another coat of waxÖ

May as well offer a rear seat delete option.. Iíd LOVE to see the rear done along the style of the 69/70 AMX..

Still no sign of the spare keysÖ

The Other Scott

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 03:26 PM

BullittHead

good reading Scott, be warned however that if you hit 100mph in S. FL and cop pulls you over, your car is impounded- along with your ticket.

post #34 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

It's outta control I tell ya, outta control!!

Hopefully they don't.. Damn thing hits triple digits like there is no tomorrow..

The Other Scott

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #35 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-26-2014, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Been awhile. Bullitt still here and still loved. Went through the hood issue, new hood on it, no major changes other than GT500 wheels and tires. Theres a Boss in the family, LOVE this ride to. Rumored 2015 Bullitt.. Hmm, yeah no..

Still haven't found spare keys. Car needs fuel frequently for some reason, evaporation?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Boss.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	301.8 KB
ID:	39945   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0151 (Medium).JPG
Views:	21
Size:	183.9 KB
ID:	39953   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0152 (Medium).JPG
Views:	20
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	39961  

The Other Scott

post #36 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-26-2014, 12:08 PM
Supporting Member

Welcome back...and thanks for bringing back this old thread.
post #37 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-26-2014, 12:28 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpoodle View Post
Been awhile. Bullitt still here and still loved. Went through the hood issue, new hood on it, no major changes other than GT500 wheels and tires. Theres a Boss in the family, LOVE this ride to. Rumored 2015 Bullitt.. Hmm, yeah no..

Still haven't found spare keys. Car needs fuel frequently for some reason, evaporation?
The other Scott,

Man I can't believe it's you on here.

I often wonder where some of the members have gone.

So you have a Boss and it's looking good.

And you still have retained the Bullitt Mustang, cool !!!

Anyway from me to you, Welcome back and don't be a stranger.

Terry aka "tigerhonaker"

2008 Highland Green Bullitt Mustang, the "tiger-machine"

post #38 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-26-2014, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

LOL, thanks gang. Surf through here once in awhile, great to see the new owners chiming in, and the old ones still running em hard. Terry, yours has changed yet again, guess I need to catch up LOL. Looking great, love the new hood!

The Other Scott

post #39 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-26-2014, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Oh, and I forgot: The Hurst shifter was a HUGE improvement that I wouldn't have done without reading about it here. HUGE! Other than that, bone stock with 38k miles

The Other Scott

post #40 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 11:00 AM

Smile

Quote:
LOL, thanks gang. Surf through here once in awhile, great to see the new owners chiming in, and the old ones still running em hard. Terry, yours has changed yet again, guess I need to catch up LOL. Looking great, love the new hood!
Thanks Scott,

If your gonna catch up on mine you better take a lot of vacation days buddy.

LOL,
Terry

BTW,
I hope you will continue to hang around.

post #41 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 11:20 AM

Monster BullittHead

How does the Bullitt compare with the Boss?

I'm sure the difference in power is significant, but I'm curious about the handling since you used to read so much about the Boss....

Former owner of '01 TB #570, and '09 HG #6007. Current horse: '15 GT/PP
post #42 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Theres a Boss in the family, LOVE this ride to.
Laguna Seca Edition

Nice!

53k miles. 5.0 shifter, drop in K&N, 17x8 black bullitts, DHG pony in grille

Visit the
post #43 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 01:23 PM
Supporting Member

Yes, damned nice...I really had the hots for a Laguna Seca Boss...then logic took over. I realized that driver's seat was no place for this old man...
post #44 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Damn, been this long since I updated this? Lets see, Boss has 4300 miles on it, Bullitt 48k. New front Koni's on the Bullitt, currently at Ford for airbag recall. Hopefully the new airbag has the Bullitt logo, anyone know? Boss came back with new cover..

Bullitt retired now from daily driving I guess. Debating, autocross vehicle or? First project is new door panels, they are toast at this stage. Going to talk to a local shop about custom panels, 1800 bucks from mother Ford for something that is going to do the same crap sounds like the definition of insanity..

The Other Scott

post #45 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 12:02 AM

Smile

Quote:
Damn, been this long since I updated this? Lets see, Boss has 4300 miles on it, Bullitt 48k. New front Koni's on the Bullitt, currently at Ford for airbag recall. Hopefully the new airbag has the Bullitt logo, anyone know? Boss came back with new cover..

Bullitt retired now from daily driving I guess. Debating, autocross vehicle or? First project is new door panels, they are toast at this stage. Going to talk to a local shop about custom panels, 1800 bucks from mother Ford for something that is going to do the same crap sounds like the definition of insanity..
I remember you posting but it seems like so many years ago.

Nice to see you are still around and still have the Bullitt.

Welcome back.

Terry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode