Impressions.... - IMBOC
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Impressions....

OK, so while I still have the least amount of miles on mine for the length of time I've had it, thought I might start a little rambling kinda "thoughts on the Bullitt" thread..

A little background: Stopped in at a dealer to see a CS that I was interested in. While wandering in the back lot, I stumbled on a pair of Bullitt's in contrasting colors.. ALL thoughts of the CS kinda flew out of my mind at that stage..

Subtle, understated, retro..

Hmmm, I see no problems with any of those..

Climb into the car: NICE seats..

Engine turned dash ala the old Trans-Am's.. Not bad, not bad. Right inline with the retro look....

Pop the hood..

Hmm, strut bar, CAI....

Fire it up...

And so it began...

The Other Scott

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 12:46 PM

You Broke the Server!

Garage
you guys in florida should have a zillion miles on cars

Konis,Eibach sportlines,MM caster camber plates,MM X adjustable lower control arms,MGW Shifter,Alum driveshaft,Mac Prochamber,Mach chin spoiler,19" Forged wheels with BFG 255/295
Best 1/4mile Vortech V1 13.29@106mph
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 02:59 PM

Thumbs up Man nice little Story !!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpoodle
OK, so while I still have the least amount of miles on mine for the length of time I've had it, thought I might start a little rambling kinda "thoughts on the Bullitt" thread..

A little background: Stopped in at a dealer to see a CS that I was interested in. While wandering in the back lot, I stumbled on a pair of Bullitt's in contrasting colors.. ALL thoughts of the CS kinda flew out of my mind at that stage..

Subtle, understated, retro..

Hmmm, I see no problems with any of those..

Climb into the car: NICE seats..

Engine turned dash ala the old Trans-Am's.. Not bad, not bad. Right inline with the retro look....

Pop the hood..

Hmm, strut bar, CAI....

Fire it up...

And so it began...

Nice little story of looking for one thing and Lowe and Behold there he sees the "Bullitt Mustang". .

Terry

Brenspeed Talks about a Long Term 1,000 at the Crank H/P Project and Dream Car.

Click on Video Link below to see it on the DYNO
with
it making a Full Blown, Wide-Open, Drive-By.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-brenspeed-talks-about-long-term-projects-and-dream-cars/

post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 03:02 PM

Monster BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisW
They would if they didn't have to mow the grass every day

Gone
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
If the Bullitt had a hitch, it would. My job demands a vehicle with a trailer hitch..
And the capacity to carry heavy loads..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwooten
They would if they didn't have to mow the grass every day
LOL, valid point, but that's what neighbors kids are for 10 bucks, a ride in the Bullitt or on a motorcycle, yard's good for another week..

The Other Scott

post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Talked with the dealer a bit.. The HG car was sold export, but the black was available..

For 9k ADM..

So, scratch that… The CS was looking pretty good at that stage..

Chatted a bit with my wife that evening about autocrossing a Mustang. She reminded me I had a perfectly good Mini Cooper sitting outside that was the ideal car for my purposes. True, but you know, the car just didn’t appeal to me like the Mustang, and the Mustang didn’t appeal to me like the Bullitt..

Haunted by the Bullitt, I began searching online..

Found this board..

Well, that was a mistake..

An expensive mistake…

One I’d do again in a heartbeat…

The Other Scott

post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 10:45 PM

Monster BullittHead

Scott

Not to call you cheap but I got 5 bucks a yard in Clermont in 1963!!!! Gas was only 17.9 a gallon then.

Dwight

Gone
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

LOL, yeah, but did you get a ride in a Bullitt, motorcycle or speedboat to go with it?? One of the neighbors kids was so psyched about an 80+ MPH boat ride he cut the grass for a month at no charge..

The Other Scott

post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Nosing around, I saw that while early on there were folks paying ADM’s, the trend was dying quick. I felt a brief glimmer of hope, but the dealers here dashed that quickly when they refused to get off the ADM’s.

So, back to the CS.

Found a black on black one, test drove it with my totally confused wife, and decided that was the car “we” wanted. My only thought was that I might want it in blue, so I checked the net and found a blue one at another dealer. Drove to the dealer, sure enough they had a blue..

Cool ride. We went for a fairly extensive test drive. I got a chance to run it (not abuse it) a bit on the highway, and around a few corners. Handled pretty well, certainly a far cry from my last Mustang, a 68 302 “Bustle back”. Car begged for a little better suspension, but having done a little research into the matter I knew the parts were available.

Arriving back at the dealer, we pulled around to the rear of the dealership and parked it next to a black on black one for comparison. The B on B won out, so off we headed to discuss pricing..

While sitting with the sales manager, the salesman mentioned to him I liked the Bullitt’s, and how sorry he was that they didn’t have one to show me.. Manager corrected him, said one came in the evening before. I inquired into the color..

I never knew Black was the color of money…

The Other Scott

post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 06:24 PM

Mega BullittHead

Ah!! Film noir!

post #11 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

I knew what I wanted to pay, the dealer knew what he wanted to make. Yet, somehow we ended up making the deal, on MY terms.. I left the dealership a new Bullitt owner…

I really don’t recall the drive home…

Took my wife what, 37 seconds after I got home to realize “something” was up.. First thing she said was “So, what color did ya get?”

When she heard I got a Black Bullitt, her next comment was “I get the spare keys..”

Once again she reminded me why I married her..

My schedule for the next 10 days was toast.. There was NO free time, and I needed my truck. So, I figured I would leave the Bullitt at the dealer until I could go get it...

Well, lets see: That was Monday. Wednesday I couldn’t stand it, and even though it wasn’t tagged yet, I HAD to have it. So, the car trailer went on the hook, and after work we went to get it.

As soon as we arrived at the dealer, the skies opened up. Drought? What drought? Luckily, they had a covered service area, so I buzzed the car in there, then pulled the truck in and proceeded to load it in the trailer.. Off to dinner at the local Hooters, then home she went.

For the next week I visited the car every morning, during the day, and at night. But, since I still had no tag, all I could do was stare at this beautiful car that was now MINE..

Sort of…

Where did those spare keys go anyway??

The Other Scott

post #12 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 11:53 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpoodle
I knew what I wanted to pay, the dealer knew what he wanted to make. Yet, somehow we ended up making the deal, on MY terms.. I left the dealership a new Bullitt owner…

I really don’t recall the drive home…

Took my wife what, 37 seconds after I got home to realize “something” was up.. First thing she said was “So, what color did ya get?”

When she heard I got a Black Bullitt, her next comment was “I get the spare keys..”

Once again she reminded me why I married her..

My schedule for the next 10 days was toast.. There was NO free time, and I needed my truck. So, I figured I would leave the Bullitt at the dealer until I could go get it...

Well, lets see: That was Monday. Wednesday I couldn’t stand it, and even though it wasn’t tagged yet, I HAD to have it. So, the car trailer went on the hook, and after work we went to get it.

As soon as we arrived at the dealer, the skies opened up. Drought? What drought? Luckily, they had a covered service area, so I buzzed the car in there, then pulled the truck in and proceeded to load it in the trailer.. Off to dinner at the local Hooters, then home she went.

For the next week I visited the car every morning, during the day, and at night. But, since I still had no tag, all I could do was stare at this beautiful car that was now MINE..

Sort of…

Where did those spare keys go anyway??
The Other Scott,

Nice Story.

Terry

with

http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-brenspeed-talks-about-long-term-projects-and-dream-cars/

post #13 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

FINALLY!!

Sun, moon and stars lined up, and I had a brief window of free time to play with the new car..

And a tag ☺

Rolled the car out of the trailer on a bright Saturday morning.. After sitting there with it idling for a few minutes just enjoying the sound..

Tag, title, full tank of gas… Off we went for a to brief drive.

Down the road, around a few hidden twisties, up the entrance ramp and on to the freeway..

Window still down..

Should have gotten the stereo delete..

Corners are a riot..

Acceleration good, but with less than 20 miles on it I wasn’t romping it hard..

No rattles, no undue body flex, perfect..

OK, getting warm.. Window up, A/C on.. Nice, cool and quiet in here, but you can still hear the engine rumbling back there..

Stereo on… Tinker with the audio button.. Hmm, shaker on?

WOOOHOO!!

Have I mentioned corners are a riot ??

If not, let me mention it again please…

Corners are a riot!!!

Need to go back to the house, have to go get the boat, need the truck..

Bummer..

Found some more corners on the way home though..

Had a guy in a supra try and follow me through a couple….

“Try” being the operative word here..

Parked it in the driveway.. Does everyone walk backwards into the house after they park their Bullitt??

Still no sign of the spare keys

The Other Scott

post #14 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 12:05 AM

Thumbs up The drive in the Bullitt.................

The Other Scott,

Very cool and you were even nice enough to share with us here on IMBOC that are waiting to experience the same thing you and others are that have your Bullitt Mustangs.

Go Big-Dog

Nice Read.

Terry

with

post #15 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 02:21 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Bought Jan 30 , Drove it home Jan 31 with 17 miles from the dealer and today is Mar 19th @ 2021 miles , Add up quick when it's a thrill to drive , swore i'd never go back to a stick and shifting but am glad I did

"It's all fun and games until the siren's start"

|___|............|___|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode