Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Hi Guy's

3K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  marichardson 
#1 ·
Looks like I am back for a while yet, Read Terry's post and want to thank all of you for the prayers and good wishes. Keep them coming, I got a ways to go yet . Like my Man always said in his movies, "God willing and the creek don't rise", Guy's I really can't say enough about what it meant to read your posts. Funny, how people can care bout someone they never met. Again THANKS a lot. and to Terry for posting it. May God bless you all.
Latest update,
yesterday, I got out in the garage, opened the garage door, tied to start the Tbird, Dead battery, .But not total. So I popped the hood an hooked up the charger and left it on 15 amp charge rather than the boost to start it. Sat there in the door way for a while, and the next thing I knew Neighbor driving by and seen me and pulled in. Then another popped over. They were both shocked to see me up and around. Today I went with Freda to the Dentist, Neighbor took us. Real nice to get out for a ride. When wegot home I hooked the charger up to the Bullitt, Might just take it up the circle and back after I start it.0:)
Today, the Nurse pulled most of the dead skin off my toes, was happy with the good skin & blood flow to the feet. she is going to talk to her head Doctor about getting me to see a cardiac doctor as soon as possible.

#2 ·
:D Great news Dale. I talk to Nixon weekly and will let him know! Don't overdo it but enjoy yourself too.

FarmerDon

#8 ·
All right Dale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep on fightin!!!!!!!!!!!! Great to hear from you!!!!!!!!!!

#9 ·
stay strong my friend, glad to see you are up and about also.. take your time and heal properly don't try to push too hard..

#10 ·
Dale,

I'm one of the "New-Kids-on-the-Block" and don't have a ton of your history on this great forum. Read/learned about your situation through Terry's threads and want to say it's truly great to see you taking life by the horns. Continue to kick it into gear and will be looking forward to more stories/posts.

Tim

#11 ·
FarmerDon, Thanks, I sent Bobby an email, we keep in touch. Need to give him a call tough

McPaul, got her fired up Thursday and ran it up around the circle on our street. Man it sure felt good. Hope the Nurse doesn't find out. Freda was P****'d.

Chris, I guess I got the same feeling as the guys who get in their cars after they store them for the winter. GREAT...but it was a little hard getting out of the car with this hip.

Ed, No problem there, I stay within the comfort zone. NO pushing.

Tim, Thanks, from a Fellow AF retiree. I am sure you will enjoy the IBMOC. A great group of guys on here, as you can see from the post. Envy you had a 69 Mach. I missed out on 2 buys back in the late 70's

Thanks to all of you for your get well wishes. I told my nurse about the post on here, and she told me, support is one of the biggest helps in peoples recovery.

#15 ·
Thanks for the offer Steve, I have Wi-Fi. Got it when I bought Lap top few years ago to work in house when it got toooo cold out here in the winter. Only problem was I a got a 15 inch. Too big and heavy to lug around. And it was a Toshiba, recommended by a friend...it went hay wire after little more than a year. Thinking about a samsung 8 or 9 inch Tablet. Now if I had one of the smart phones I wouldn't need the Tab. but I am quite happy with my old Flip phone. Gets a lot of laughs when I use.

Great gobs of fire man! You are out and about!

All I can say is...way to go! I bet the ride was all the sweeter since you have been sitting around all this time. I know it was for me.
It ws short, but sweet, Now I can't wait to get it out on the Hi-way and run the gears.:smile2:

#14 ·
Great gobs of fire man! You are out and about!

All I can say is...way to go! I bet the ride was all the sweeter since you have been sitting around all this time. I know it was for me.

#16 ·
Wooo-Hooo! Every day is a gift from God and I'm glad to see you back on here and getting around again. I hope you do get to wring that Bullitt out on the highway and let us know when you do, of course we know you will ;-) Congrats on the recovery and stay well Dale!

#18 ·
Thanks Steve, Spent the last few days going over Tab,s I IPhones. Love my Flipper phone for 10 bucks a month, so found what I hope to be a good buy on Amazon. Little higher than the one you sent me. That looked like it might have been a real reasonable first choice in Tab's. But I had already ordered the other. Thanks for all your trouble.

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6" 16 GB Wifi (Black): Computers & Accessories

Reactions: FarmerDon
#19 · (Edited)
My buddy Dale,

Well I just was checking New Posts and guess what I just saw ?????????

That's right this New Thread you did on the 28th of July.

I think I must have been over at Lexpro visiting Jon when you did this Thread.

And after that I went to Ford to set the appointment for getting my Driver's-Side-Airbag recall done.

Just got back from Ford Dealer having that done.

Man it's sure NICE Buddy to see you are Out & About once again. :wink2:

I saw your E-Mail a few minutes ago so will read it after I finish this post.

Hang in there my Ole Pal from Anderson, Indiana. :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

Just for you buddy,

#21 ·
Hey Dale,

You don't know me because I'm a recent member of this forum and a (far far away) foreigner, so that's normal. I Read this because I kinda follow the tiger guy :wink2:

I do wish you all the best and hope you recover as best as possible. Support is indeed half the work and the best medicine one can get.

One can get bad in an instant but sadly the recovery can go oh so slow.But is seems U are on the right track so keep on going and don't look back.

#22 ·
Thanks for your thoughts Phil, things are progressing. Hospice Nursed talked to her Doctor and they called to day and are referring me to a cardiac spec for revaluation. I remember you from your posts, when you first joined a while back. Cool looking Mustang, and Honda. I got the impression you liked Yellow. :smile2:

Reactions: tigerhonaker
#24 ·
Thanks mike, I wouldn't want this to get around, especially to Joann, my Hospice nurse, and I will deny ever saying it.0:) This morning I got in the TBird, Didn't want to to run the B yet as it is still hard to get in with the hip. Drove to the store, about 8 miles down to there. . Both windows down, radio on, just cruising at 60, nice & easy, it felt GREAT.:smile2: I think I will do the Bullitt Sunday morning if I can figure a way to get out of it easier..

#26 ·
little update. I have been getting around pretty much lately. Got the Tbird washed and in the garage last week, been driving the Bullitt everyday. I make runs to the store by myself. ) I let Jyll, neighbor, know in case... ). Sat morning I got a sudden urge, and decided to head on out to the airport. ( the wife was not too happy about that).always went there on Sat morn for coffee, donuts and BS sessions. So just before I turned on to the airport road, I opened the cutouts, dropped into 2nd gear and floored it. Not a long road, only got to 3rd gear & then lifted and let it pop off . Pulled in front of the entranced. walked in twirling the cane and said " I'm back". Old Ron, said I told them that sounded like your car. Had a great time. Now comes the hard part Monday when Joann the nurse comes. I am still not allowed to drive. She always notices when the cars have been moved. I don't & won't lie to her, but have to come up with an answer, while NOT answering her. 0:) But I think she knows. :smile2:

#27 ·
Hello Dale,

Just read your post above ^^^

Well the way I see it, right or wrong on my par is, do as you see fit !!!

If you feel up to driving the Bullitt then have at it buddy. :smile2:

I bet the Bullitt sounded awesome once you opened up the Cut-Outs and let it Rip !!!

Glad your still making it just fine and also seem to be enjoying yourself, again.

Terry

#28 ·
Doing okay, but don't let the post fool you. Everything I do is in moderation. Just like racing, know your cars limitations, and know yours.. I DO. Went over to pick up some groceries Monday morning, NO Electric carts. They are doing some modifying near the entrance and some nut turned off the power to the outlets Sunday night. That little walk around the store 15- 20 minutes wore me out. Got home drank a big glass of orange Juice....what they always give you when you donate blood...then went and laid down a while. Took almost an hour to drop my pulse rate from 97 to 70. Joann was due in a few hours. first thing she says..she only seen one car in the drive way. with my best poker face I shrugged and told her I had a accident. Should have had my camera ready to see her face. If looks could kill.. haha, then real quick I told her I had to put the car in the garage, As the darn Hickory nut tree is starting to drop the nuts and they are big, and can dent the car. Alls well that ends well..0:) 8 more days & a wake up

Reactions: tigerhonaker
#30 ·
Hello everyone,

I just received this E-Mail from Dale on his current on-going-heart-condition.

I thought you all would also like to see what's the latest with Dale.

Subject: Recover update
Hi everyone
Well, had my appointment with the Cardiologist. Very informative. 2 hours altogether, BUT, I got the drift in the first few minutes with the Doctor. He kept reading the laptop info and looking at me, three of four times. Then sat back and looked at me and said this is really something, I'm looking at 2 different individuals. One sitting in front of me,Healthy, and one on the computer, by all rights should not be here. You should not have survived the heart attack..
He said it was very rare that someone who lost 90% of their hearts ability to pump blood, combined with, as it shows here, your kidneys & liver were shutting down.
Its happened before, but Not at the rate I am recovering, considering that I am not on any rehab medicine or schedule. As It seems they sent you home to die. We have a few more Tests to run next week. One to see how much more heart I have right now. Got one of those heart scan things scheduled for next Tuesday. That will tell a lot on where things stand.

And he wants to start a recovery program to build the heart back up.. First another medicine that with help with improving the heart. Then a heart Rehab program 3 times a week that will help to slowly rebuild the heart strength up. I told him I heard that you can't rebuild a damaged heart. He said that was old world. What he has seen from my short time recovery, its miraculous, and he feels confident in time I may get a lot better. But we will proceed one step at a time.. I told him I had a lot of people praying for me and it took a few weeks before I figured I wasn't ready go yet. He asked if I was Military, Told him 20 years AF. He said he's noticed that Military people don't give up easy, and seem to fight harder..

Not sure how that works, but laying there watching Freda push herself even when she was worn out, made me want to try harder and be around to take care of here. one a lot of Praying for the help. my Guardian Angle came thru.

Now I wait to see what Joann says tomorrow. She moved her appointments around so I could tell her what happened. I owe her a lot as she is the one to wanted me to get re evaluated.She noticed the first signs.

Oh She also knocked my mail box over Tuesday. Really feel bad about that. But she called the next day and had a contractor come down and put the new post in. She wanted to pay for the new posts I got..Think I will let that pass as she has really gone outside the realm to help me recover.
I guess that Now Hospice has to wait and see the report from the Doctor and then make their decision on where to go from here..

Oh, did i forget to mention I can 'Legally" drive again

Dale

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.