What you don't dare use? - Page 2 - IMBOC
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt2059 View Post
I uh... do you have proper ventilation in there? I'm sure its not long, but im also sure the mustang pumps out the exhaust while its trying to warm up.
In 15 seconds its starting to stink, yes I do have proper ventilation, thanks for asking.
Bullitt2059 likes this.

Black 2008 Mustang Bullitt, ID# 2029, 1 of 1431, Build Date 02/15/2008.
HID headlights, Shaker 1000 Stereo, Active alarm system, Purchased 03/28/2008.
SHR Louvers, Custom painted engine covers, 3M Venture Shield, 50% LLumar window tint.
Moroso Aluminum tanks/AirOil separator, Carbon fiber DS, Nitto 555 tires 255x45x18".
Barton shifter/twin 62mm TB/Hot Rod Cams/CAI/4.10's & 8.8 Axle Girdle.
Steada UDP's/Racer CMDP's/LCA's/Adjustable 3rd link.
Kook's Headers/H-Pipe, Corsa Extreme mufflers.
BlowByRacing tuned 340rwhp/335rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 07:11 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFink View Post
In 15 seconds its starting to stink, yes I do have proper ventilation, thanks for asking.
It's okay, you don't have to apologize for eating that Burrito...
Bullitt2059 likes this.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
It's okay, you don't have to apologize for eating that Burrito...

SHR Louvers, Custom painted engine covers, 3M Venture Shield, 50% LLumar window tint.
Moroso Aluminum tanks/AirOil separator, Carbon fiber DS, Nitto 555 tires 255x45x18".

post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 10:36 AM

Monster BullittHead

Well I have an agreement with everyone on the street, since I have to leave very early to attend some of the U.S. meets or hook up with fellow Bullittheads (Ron Terry Paul) to name a few I don't complain about them cutting there lawns at 8 a.m. or at the dinner hour don't complain about my cars. Never had an issue and to tell you the truth don't really care who likes or dislikes it, just saying.
tigerhonaker and FarmerDon like this.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haberrj View Post
Well I have an agreement with everyone on the street, since I have to leave very early to attend some of the U.S. meets or hook up with fellow Bullittheads (Ron Terry Paul) to name a few I don't complain about them cutting there lawns at 8 a.m. or at the dinner hour don't complain about my cars. Never had an issue and to tell you the truth don't really care who likes or dislikes it, just saying.
Nemur,

That's pretty much covers it I think.

I know my neighbors can hear mine when I fire it up "Cold" start ..............
(In the garage it simply echos)

But, I don't leave the house in it under WOT either.

I have lived here for 30 plus years and zero Complaints even though I've ran all different sets of exhaust under it over those years.

Terry

Brenspeed Talks about a Long Term 1,000 at the Crank H/P Project and Dream Car.

Click on Video Link below to see it on the DYNO
with
it making a Full Blown, Wide-Open, Drive-By.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-brenspeed-talks-about-long-term-projects-and-dream-cars/

post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 01:43 PM
Supporting Member

As far as noisy rigs going past my home? Dan's big block 'vette is quiet compared to Gary's assortment of John Deere machinery.
FarmerDon and dcard like this.
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 11:55 AM

Monster BullittHead

Got a real easy fix for those who like the noise factor. I run the Borla Touring mufflers, Nice quiet neighbor friendly sound. Then when I want "wake up sucker". A-hole across the street. I open the cutout's that are in front of the H-pipe. A little blip of the tires and I know it P***'s him off.

BBK 62mm TB, Headers, 4.10's, Steeda UDP's, Borla T, BAMA tune, Steeda sport springs & Adjutable Panhard, Koni STR-T Struts/Shocks, GT500 Strut mounts, J&M rear LCA, Whiteline relocation brackets, UMI Sub-Frame connectors, Saleen short shift, NXT Hood struts, MMD Painted Retro mirrors, CDC Chin spoiler, GT 500 rear spoiler, DG painted louvers, Raptor Shift lite, Corbeau Harness bar, Raxiom Gen 5 taillights
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 11:15 AM

Monster BullittHead

I have KR's on mine. Everything else exhaust-wise is stock. I would like more sound and really want to run an off road H since I'm putting a blower in but can't do it because of emissions inspections here. I'd be exempt if I drove under 6,000 miles a year but I drive more than that. At least I'll be able to hear the blower

Was gonna do Kooks headers and cats but can't justify the expense or hassle of installing them. Plus I don't want any more heat under the hood than there already is.
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill220 View Post
Was gonna do Kooks headers and cats but can't justify the expense or hassle of installing them. Plus I don't want any more heat under the hood than there already is.
I have the Kooks headers with high flow cats/h-pipe and they are a perfect fit. With that said the Kooks headers come close to the firewall and heats up the inside of the car. I insulated the center counsel and aim my center air conditioning vent at it to keep the heat down, its then a comfortable ride.

As far as the heat goes, I had my Headers Jet-Coated to reduce the engine compartment heat and installed Ford Racing header bolts "they will not loosen up in time" with a new set of OEM header gaskets.

I have had No Issues in 9 years
tigerhonaker, Bill220 and dcard like this.

Last edited by BlackFink; 02-15-2017 at 11:45 AM. Reason: More to say
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 01:34 PM

Monster BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFink View Post
I have the Kooks headers with high flow cats/h-pipe and they are a perfect fit. With that said the Kooks headers come close to the firewall and heats up the inside of the car. I insulated the center counsel and aim my center air conditioning vent at it to keep the heat down, its then a comfortable ride.

As far as the heat goes, I had my Headers Jet-Coated to reduce the engine compartment heat and installed Ford Racing header bolts "they will not loosen up in time" with a new set of OEM header gaskets.

I have had No Issues in 9 years
I may do them one day like you did but have somebody else install them. I'm not doing it on my back. Budget is pretty much decimated for the car at the moment.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 02:31 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thats a good plan, to install Headers are a pain in the A$$..

post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 07:19 AM

Had one neighbor who ALWAYS griped about any noise. Cars, dog, music, motorcycles didn't make any difference. Called the local police out on her one night about 1130 when here kids were bouncing off the skateboard ramp. They wrote her and thanked me LOL, they were sick of her calls. She moved shortly after..

The Other Scott

post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 08:24 AM
Supporting Member

Wife hates my Harley's (too loud) so she doesn't ride passenger (also scared too...another story). She loves riding in the 'Stang (reminds her of my '70 302 Boss & '69 Mach-1) so I kept this Bullet to a simple Ford Racing M-5230-S axle-back muffler kit. Gotta keep momma happy, but If I could swap she'd probably be the same set my son installed on his '16 Coyote GT = Borla ATAK CAT-back...they are sweet!

- 1970 302 Boss ( deceased ), - 1969 Mach-1 (Sold ), -1982 Ghia ( Sold ) +2009 DHG Bullitt #6005 ( ) USAF, Retired (MSgt)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode