What you don't dare use? - IMBOC
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Garage
What you don't dare use?

I know the title is weird, "Pain killers"

Here is a question for you guys about Mufflers. What mufflers do you wish could run, but don't dare for reasons of annoying, Wife\partner don't approve, law enforcement magnet.

I'll go first, I made agreement with my neighbors about 7 years ago that my Bullitt doesn't come out of the garage until 8am and is home before 10pm, except for our BIG car show at the state fairgrounds, "3 days in july /4:30am" all 3 days.They are cool with that so I am running Corsa Extreme's. So with that said I don't run into that issue with my COOL neighbors!
TrueBlue02058 likes this.

Black 2008 Mustang Bullitt, ID# 2029, 1 of 1431, Build Date 02/15/2008.
HID headlights, Shaker 1000 Stereo, Active alarm system, Purchased 03/28/2008.
SHR Louvers, Custom painted engine covers, 3M Venture Shield, 50% LLumar window tint.
Moroso Aluminum tanks/AirOil separator, Carbon fiber DS, Michelin Super Sport 235x50x18".
Barton shifter/twin 62mm TB/Hot Rod Cams/CAI/4.10's & 8.8 Axle Girdle.
Steada UDP's/Racer CMDP's/LCA's/Adjustable 3rd link.
Kook's Headers/H-Pipe, Borla Touring "11752".
BlowByRacing tuned 340rwhp/335rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 04:44 PM
--- Not a Mod ---

Already have very loud mufflers. Closest neighbors are my wife's relatives, and I don't care about waking them up.

hoosierblackbullitt, dcard and Meg like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 04:49 PM

Monster BullittHead

Garage
I want to run the KR mufflers, but the wife thinks the car is loud enough already...

2008 Mustang Bullitt #2065

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 05:05 PM

Hi Gary,

Quote:
Corsa Extreme's
I did try them one time and they were LOUD beyond belief on mine under WOT (Wide-Open-Throttle).
There was simply no-way I could run them in the area I live in.
Especially if I was going to run mine at all through the gears even Semi-Aggressively.

But your question was what did I like and what would I run ?????????????

I loved the overall sound of the Borla (Magnapacks).

Now those with my Power level are so Awesome sounding at idle or under Power.

I ran those for years when my Bullitt had the stock 5-speed manual transmission in it from Ford.

I could get around the Dreaded Drone inside the Cabin by running mine in 3rd gear with the Ford-Racing 4:10 gears at slow speeds.
(Like in neighbor hoods etc)

But ...............

I decided to get rid of them when the decision was made to have BRENSPEED convert my Stock 5-speed transmission to the TCI SSF (Super Street Fighter) 5-speed automatic 5R55s.

I new if I was lugging it in the Higher Gears with the automatic it would simply be UN-Bearable inside the cabin.

The only way around that would have been to have manually shift the TCI and I decided what was the point in having the automatic if I was going to constantly having to manually shift it.

So, sold the Borla (Magnapack) axle-backs and switched to the current Borla (Touring) complete stainless exhaust system.

I have now been running what it has for years and as I have gotten even older I am now enjoying the Borla (Touring) system even more.

Terry
TrueBlue02058 likes this.

2008 Highland Green Bullitt Mustang, the "tiger-machine"

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 07:48 PM

Monster BullittHead

I had muffler delete pipes for awhile. sounded amazing, and not actually all that loud until you got on it. Not legal for PA inspection The KRs are a nice middle ground.

FR500S mufflers, 2011+ 13.2inch rotor upgrade, MGW shifter, BMR adjustable Panhard bar, GT500 finned Differential cover ~ "Thats thinkin with your dipstick Jimmy!" ~
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 09:26 AM

PY-Like BullittHead

I had the KRs on my list of "wants" until I put my Stock Bullitt on a Dyno and was able to hear the car from the outside. That stock exhaust sounds great from the outside and fairly quiet on the inside. If I "stumble" across a set of KR at a good price, I may try them but overall I like the sound of stock, at least from the outside.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 11:58 AM
Friend of IMBOC

ya this is on a 2008/9 thread...but I gotta jump on for a funny story....

When I used to daily drive 3230, I was cranking it up at 6am every weekday. My driveway faced the house across the street...where their master bedroom window was directly across from me.

When the car cranked and barked thru the non-cat H (at the time) and Spintech Prostreet mufflers (about the highest rated Db of any muffler), it damn near rattled their window off the frame.

The wife used to complain all the time, so I got in the habit of rolling the car down the driveway (on a bit of a steep slope) and rolling it down the street before I cranked....but then...I started to get complaints from the other neighbors!
There was no winning in that neighborhood. They all hated my car. Good thing I got out of that hoity toity neighborhood and moved to a rural hood full of redneck hotrodders. Ain't ever gotten a complaint since.

Funny thing was, the neighbor across the street had a kit Cobra with a built 289 that barked louder out its side pipes than 3230. But it only came out on the weekend. He never complained about my car....only his wife...and the other neighbors....
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 12:12 PM

PY-Like BullittHead

I have a JBA off road h pipe and Magnaflow catback with 4" tips. When I daily drove the car, my neighbors would tell me that my car was their alarm clock.

TB Bullitt #5019
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Car enthusiasts are hard to come by now a day's. Little 4 cylinder cars with fart cans seem to be the rage now. I don't get but then my parents didn't see the big deal in my passion of the V8.
I have a 2011 Ranger with a 2.3 four cylinder that I keep quite, great truck, but little engine that I don't want anyone to hear.

SHR Louvers, Custom painted engine covers, 3M Venture Shield, 50% LLumar window tint.
Moroso Aluminum tanks/AirOil separator, Carbon fiber DS, Michelin Super Sport 235x50x18".
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 08:20 PM
Meg

Monster BullittHead

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLITT3230 View Post
ya this is on a 2008/9 thread...but I gotta jump on for a funny story....

When I used to daily drive 3230, I was cranking it up at 6am every weekday. My driveway faced the house across the street...where their master bedroom window was directly across from me.

When the car cranked and barked thru the non-cat H (at the time) and Spintech Prostreet mufflers (about the highest rated Db of any muffler), it damn near rattled their window off the frame.

The wife used to complain all the time, so I got in the habit of rolling the car down the driveway (on a bit of a steep slope) and rolling it down the street before I cranked....but then...I started to get complaints from the other neighbors!
There was no winning in that neighborhood. They all hated my car. Good thing I got out of that hoity toity neighborhood and moved to a rural hood full of redneck hotrodders. Ain't ever gotten a complaint since.

Funny thing was, the neighbor across the street had a kit Cobra with a built 289 that barked louder out its side pipes than 3230. But it only came out on the weekend. He never complained about my car....only his wife...and the other neighbors....
LOL!

I say if it ain't wakin up the neighbours, it ain't loud enough.
My opinion? Stick bassani's on it.
And if the neighbours aren't complaining, it still ain't loud enough.

2001 Bullitt 01516, the "No Sunshine" Bullitt. I was a wild party
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
When I start my Stang up at 4:30 am I keep the garage door down for the initial 2000 rpm start up, takes about 15 seconds to tone down enough that I raise the door open. I don't want to startle the babies in there cribs. I then limp my Stang at an idle about a 1/2 mile down the road before I wake up the dead.

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 02:16 PM
Supporting Member

My old ears like the stock Bullitt muffler. Sorry..
DavidMidgley likes this.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
My old ears like the stock Bullitt muffler. Sorry..
You don't have to say your Sorry because your ears are old..

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 02:27 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFink View Post
You don't have to say your Sorry because your ears are old..
LOL ...

Terry

2008 Highland Green Bullitt Mustang, the "tiger-machine"

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 03:02 PM

Monster BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFink View Post
When I start my Stang up at 4:30 am I keep the garage door down for the initial 2000 rpm start up, takes about 15 seconds to tone down enough that I raise the door open. I don't want to startle the babies in there cribs. I then limp my Stang at an idle about a 1/2 mile down the road before I wake up the dead.
I uh... do you have proper ventilation in there? I'm sure its not long, but im also sure the mustang pumps out the exhaust while its trying to warm up.

FR500S mufflers, 2011+ 13.2inch rotor upgrade, MGW shifter, BMR adjustable Panhard bar, GT500 finned Differential cover ~ "Thats thinkin with your dipstick Jimmy!" ~

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode