2017 Shootout in the works? - Page 2 - IMBOC
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 01:23 PM

GONE TO PLAID!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonReam View Post
Nothing is preventing another Bullitthead from organizing a Shootout in Texas.

you are correct Ron and there are a few that agree with you
Bullitt-Driver likes this.

mark...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 05:52 PM
Quest for single digits

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasbullitt View Post
you are correct Ron and there are a few that agree with you
Mark, the participation has been getting less and less every year for the past few years. Apparently folks don't want to drive more than a few hours. I believe there was only seven people registered last year with a month or so before the event. As you know, I drive 23 hours EACH way to get there and I do miss it but if there's only me and a couple others lining up it's a T&T not a Shootout.

Is it dead? I certainly hope not but if folks don't want to participate or worse not track their car then what is the point of putting forth the effort to organize the event.

These are my opinions so and not necessarily those of HoonDog.

Visit the New
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and the New

WHEELS WAY UP
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 06:33 PM
--- Not a Mod ---

I will echo what Paul said.
I've been to several shootouts, and I've had a good time.
But to burn five or six vacation days for a one day event which has slim participation is a hard decision.
Hopefully, in the future, things may change.

My personal opinion.

post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 08:09 AM

Super BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonReam View Post
.....Hopefully, in the future, things may change........

When the '18 Bullitts join in the racing?

post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 08:40 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylan1521;3526977
Is it dead? [B
I certainly hope not but if folks don't want to participate or worse not track their car then what is the point of putting forth the effort to organize the event.[/B]
Sad but true.

I keep hoping to stumble across some super secret Bullitt owners club here in Houston to get more participation but it seems to just be me

About the only way I see to keep it alive would be bring it down near Houston. All of the MCA affiliated clubs (Northside Mustangs, Mustang Club of Houston, and Wild Horse Mustang Club) are starting to work together. If Hoondog (or someone else) could align with them I think they could get 20 cars out from those clubs and the usual 10 Bullitt suspects that regularly attend Texas events to make this worthwhile again.

On a side note, I would love to see the sub 10 second 01 from Houston face off against the sub 10 second 01 from Canada.

53k miles. 5.0 shifter, drop in K&N, 17x8 black bullitts, DHG pony in grille

Visit the
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 12:48 PM
Quest for single digits

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbull4439 View Post

On a side note, I would love to see the sub 10 second 01 from Houston face off against the sub 10 second 01 from Canada.
I do believe that was part of the curriculum

Visit the New
and the New

WHEELS WAY UP
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 05:28 PM
Charles

GONE TO PLAID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sganow View Post
Charlotte... The father of a guy we know was just murdered in Charlotte Wednesday morning. He was just delivering newspapers to a store there when this punk tried to rob him and shot him. He died in the street by his vehicle. Very sad and tragic!

Sorry to hear Steve. Unfortunately it's everywhere....

post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 06:33 PM
Friend of IMBOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbull4439 View Post
Sad but true.

I keep hoping to stumble across some super secret Bullitt owners club here in Houston to get more participation but it seems to just be me

About the only way I see to keep it alive would be bring it down near Houston. All of the MCA affiliated clubs (Northside Mustangs, Mustang Club of Houston, and Wild Horse Mustang Club) are starting to work together. If Hoondog (or someone else) could align with them I think they could get 20 cars out from those clubs and the usual 10 Bullitt suspects that regularly attend Texas events to make this worthwhile again.

IF?????
Great in concept, sucks in reality.
Like Paul mentioned, 7 officially registered last year, after declining numbers,
BUT....last year we also made a concerted effort to advertise and entice the local MCA clubs to join in....
With 7 registered....you see where that effort got us....
But this was also the very basis by which HoonDog made the conscious decision to open up many of our events to a broader basis than just Bullitt, simply in an attempt to create a viable event support base.

I personally believe the issue, at least for the Bullitt crowd, is that the cars are getting older to the point where only an ever declining few are willing to risk putting them on a track....let alone drive them long distances.

This fact alone is becoming an issue for the Nationals, where pretty much only those regional to the event attend, where there are only a few hardcore long distance attendee's anymore. But as we make plans for this years, as well as the 2018 Nat's, rolling into the 50th anniversary and all the special events we are coordinating for the next two years...it will certainly be a test to see if our Bullitt participation actually grows at all.

Talk and interest is one thing....commitment is another....

Last edited by BULLITT3230; 02-24-2017 at 06:45 PM.
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 08:49 AM

Garage
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLITT3230 View Post
IF?????
Great in concept, sucks in reality.
Like Paul mentioned, 7 officially registered last year, after declining numbers,
BUT....last year we also made a concerted effort to advertise and entice the local MCA clubs to join in....
With 7 registered....you see where that effort got us....
But this was also the very basis by which HoonDog made the conscious decision to open up many of our events to a broader basis than just Bullitt, simply in an attempt to create a viable event support base.

I personally believe the issue, at least for the Bullitt crowd, is that the cars are getting older to the point where only an ever declining few are willing to risk putting them on a track....let alone drive them long distances.

This fact alone is becoming an issue for the Nationals, where pretty much only those regional to the event attend, where there are only a few hardcore long distance attendee's anymore. But as we make plans for this years, as well as the 2018 Nat's, rolling into the 50th anniversary and all the special events we are coordinating for the next two years...it will certainly be a test to see if our Bullitt participation actually grows at all.

Talk and interest is one thing....commitment is another....
Just to throw in some more angst about getting others involved in our events. I joined several local chapters of various Mustang clubs to try and engender interest in our Shootout and the Nationals. The idea being if I can get them to attend one Shootout, the Nationals would be a cinch.

The results were predictable I suppose. They were all glad to see me attend their events, local or otherwise. Some actually came out for a local DFW Get together at a DFW BBQ restaurant. But actually join IMBOC was stretching it. Join in on the festivities to the south for the Shootout I got excuses...
"Oh, that's such a long drive." Really? I just drove out to Greenville (about an hour and half away) for a hamburger with you guys.
"I'm so busy with my schedule." I can understand that, if he was doing anything.
"I am under Doctors care." I got that one shortly after open heart surgery.

The real kicker was when the President of a local club posted out events on their FB page and nobody signed up. Not even him. His was having some sort of breakdown from on the job stress. Shortly afterwards he resigned from his club and attending any other gatherings. I feel for him. Really.

And so it went. I even posted up some of their events and functions on our page. None of our DFW guys went to any of them, except myself and Steve (NYCBullitt). I understand the issues. It is, what it is.
tigerhonaker likes this.

My name is David J. Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me that. You can call me David. Or you can call me David J. Or you can call me David Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me David J. Midgley....
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 09:23 AM
Meg

Monster BullittHead

Garage
Our events in general are declining.
We need to attract younger people to the events, so they can race safely on the track instead of illegally on the streets. Education is important here, folks. Can't have all these young kids writing off Bullitt's anymore. They need to come to these events and learn the worth of the vehicle and spend time with good people.
DavidMidgley likes this.

2001 Bullitt 01516, the "No Sunshine" Bullitt. I was a wild party
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

You Broke the Server!

Location: The RGV. Home of the ORIGINAL primitive screwheads.
Unfortunately Meg, young people seem to rather spend time with people who are elsewhere via stupid electronic devices. They don't care about the good people they're with, only who's NOT there. I go to car shows and see 5 people standing around one car, slumped over staring at their phones.

2001 DHG Bullitt. Bought new on 9-29-01. 4.10 gears, drilled and slotted rotors. 9" front and 10.5 rear black Bullitt rims. GT fog lights and Mach 1 chin spoiler. SR lowering springs, JLT Ram Air, Webtronics sequentials, MRT hood struts, MSD c.o.p.s

post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 05:06 PM
Meg

Monster BullittHead

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Unfortunately Meg, young people seem to rather spend time with people who are elsewhere via stupid electronic devices. They don't care about the good people they're with, only who's NOT there. I go to car shows and see 5 people standing around one car, slumped over staring at their phones.
Yeah. That's me, posting on imboc!

2001 Bullitt 01516, the "No Sunshine" Bullitt. I was a wild party
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 06:24 PM

Question

Guys,

Do you any of you have Chris's E-Mail address or his Cell Phone Number ???

Or better yet his, Mailing Address ???

Also, maybe one of you know what other Mustang INTERNET sites Chris is on ???

That would also work if I know the Mustang INTERNET Site and what he goes by on it or them ???

If you prefer "Not" to post that information in the open send me an E-Mail or a PM will be just fine.

Thanks for your Help,
Terry

Quote:
Quote:
lm_coogs

HoonDog Short Shifter
Posted #48
Thanks Paul.

Great you bringing the Bullitt always enjoy seeing that car the most. What do you have it running now?

In Memory of my Dad Burtis Josey (2-2-43/3-29-16)

Something New Coming in April 2017 ...

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 03-05-2017 at 06:31 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode