Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Moving to Seattle

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  VIC-TIM 
#1 ·
Hello all

Ive been a member of IMBOC since 2008, but haven't done much in the way of posting. Hopefully I can be forgiven.

I have a 08 DHG Bullitt with 89XXX miles. It is is my daily driver and my pride and joy. I recently accepted a lucrative offer to move from Jacksonville Florida to Seattle Washington. Of course the primary concern is my car....

Over the last year, I have contemplated trading it in, but I just cant bring myself to do it.

In a trip out to Seattle for the interview process, I noticed some pretty radical hills downtown that seemed to rival San Francisco. I plan on living in downtown Seattle, and walking to work. The Bullitt will be used on the weekends, or in case I need to get somewhere and dont care to wait on public transport.

Thankfully I dont have to worry about driving it across country as my new employer will pay for shipping.

My questions/concerns are:

1. The hills have me worried. I replaced my clutch slave cylinder at 40K miles. A few thousand miles later, I had the clutch replaced in conjunction with a transmission issue (transmission issue covered under extended warranty) . Will I experience extended wear on the clutch and components when engaging from a stop on the hills? The only hills in Florida are the occasional speed bump and man made hills in housing developments.

2. I recently had the 90K mile service completed at Ford. Is there anything else I should do? Should I just drop off the car at Ford and tell them to give it a "once over"?

3. I will now need a front license plate (booo). Should I let Ford install it?

4. Will there be any issues with the climate change? Or does the cars computer adjust? Do I need to be worried about rust?

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

See less See more
#2 ·
I would have Ford give it a check over.

I would also not worry about the hills. I live off a street that has an 11 percent grade and I just don't ride the clutch. Engage in first and drive in the lowest effective gear.

We hope your move goes good. Change can be a good thing.

Good luck!

#3 ·
I live in Vancouver bc. You don't need to worry about rust...the hills in Seattle are nothing.
Welcome to the Pacific Northwest...hope to see you at some events.

#7 ·
you can always get a line lock also that will help with holding on the hills. good luck with the move, hope all goes well!!!!!

#8 ·
Update:

I went with Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets. The structure itself seems fine, but I may go with metal hardware to make it permanent. The plastic screws and wingnuts have me worried.

Appointment is scheduled with the dealership on Saturday to give it the 'once over'. Essentially with 90XXX miles, I had already done the 90K service a few months ago (ahead of schedule) so that is complete. I advised them I needed the brakes checked, but they will have "carte blanche" to replace whatever needs to be replaced. I have been diligent with maintenance, so I don't anticipate anything major.

The car gets picked up on Oct 10 to be shipped and 'should' arrive within a week or so.

Oddly enough on my "home-finding" trip last week, I saw a 08/09 Bullitt parked on the street in the Queen Anne section of Seattle. I took this as a positive sign...

#10 ·
I have a 2009 DHG Bullitt and I live in the pacific northwest. car does just fine on hills and you don't have to worry about salt erosion on paint. The only thing is that Washington drivers have concern about is that there is lots of construction and because of that our suspension and tires take a beating so just be aware of that. welcome to the Evergreen state

#11 ·
Hello Fellow Bullittheads!

I successfully made it to Seattle. My Bullitt was transported and was delivered without any problems (save my college alumni tag cover which snapped in transit but the cost was reimbursed). My wife joined me here in December just before Christmas, but before leaving Florida she sold her Mazda 3 hatchback. Realizing we needed something with AWD, I purchased her a 2017 Subaru WRX in World Rally Blue. The Bullitt does get moved every other week, but otherwise says in the parking garage.

I have regarding snow/winter tires.

The subie is our primary mode of transportation, and with summer ending I would like to go exploring a bit. Of course outside of Seattle there is the chance for snow. I am considering an investment in performance winter tires for the subie, however we have a small place in the city with barely any storage. Outside of renting a storage unit, does anyone know of any places that offer off-season tire storage?

#12 ·
glad all made it safe and sound!!!!

I have not heard of tire storage specifically, other than, as you indicated, just renting a storage unit and putting them there. I think how you store them in there is as important as the climate if that is what you are concerned about.

#13 ·
Sorry you left the United States and moved to Seattle. My wife and I are currently trying to work out a plan to leave California and move back to a state where freedom, personal liberties and taxation with representation are practiced (visited Texas which is currently the hoped for escape back to freedom and respect of our constitutional and personal rights.)

#14 ·
will pray you get it!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.