1,021.81 Flywheel H/P, 817.45 RWHP, Video & Post # 9040 - Page 674 - IMBOC
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #10096 of 10108 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 03:25 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Terry, I ABSOLUTELY have to hear about those tires!!!

This tire thing has me thinking that if my Pirelli a/s tires don't stick good enough I will go your route.

The Pirelli's were only avaiable in 275 width with a 19 inch rim, so I went with them.

Since you are very detailed (good), every pro and con are WELCOMED, my friend.

Warmer weather is only a couple of months away and the retrofit of the lights is my next project.

Those tires and tread pattern are very cool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10097 of 10108 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip_mustang View Post
Nice Terry!

Looking forward to the testing.
Philip,

I'm wanting now that I have them actually on the car to make a trip with them.
That might not take place until my brother and his wife come back from being in FL for 3 months in the winter months.
That's a good drive for like 450 miles or so each way.
And I have my own suite in their house to stay in when I drive up.
They will be back the 1st of April ..........

I might figure on driving up earlier and visiting with my Niece and here Family if the weather would cooperate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerDon View Post
Nice!! Those rear tires look about as wide as the super singles the semi trucks are running now!
And NO I didn't research the widths for comparison! Leaving that up to you!
Don,

Well you might be right buddy on the size.
I do know they are pretty darn large !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcard View Post
Looking good Terry, about time. Yep you slid in under the next batch of weather. Stupid groundhog blew it again. They are big. If my calculations are correct...Been long time.. your tires are just over 12 inches. Difference in the 305 & 315 is 3/8" . You got a lot of rubber under that machine. What's next Fender flares ???
Dale,

Your right on the timing.
You know they have been sitting at Discount Tire for like a month.
Between the weather and us redoing the house it was just never a good time to get them on the car.

And this coming week we are showing possible snow flurries, cold down to the low 20's at night.
And the afternoon highs maybe in the high 30's and 40's.

No-Fender-Flares for this fellow.
But these tires are right to the limit on fender to tire clearance that's for sure.
There is no room left .............
Good thing I have the adjustable Coil-Over's in the rear now.
I can adjust incrementally the space from the top of the tires to the fender-lips.

Terry

Brenspeed Talks About Long Term Projects and Dream Cars.
"The Tiger Machine"

1,000 Plus Flywheel Horsepower

Brenspeed B-302
Stroker Engine.

post #10098 of 10108 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Post Continental DWS06 tire thoughts ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonbullitt View Post

This tire thing has me thinking that if my Pirelli a/s tires don't stick good enough I will go your route.

The Pirelli's were only avaiable in 275 width with a 19 inch rim, so I went with them.

Warmer weather is only a couple of months away and the retrofit of the lights is my next project.

Bob,

Well I don't know when I will really be able to tell you much about them to be honest.
The weather forecast coming up here sucks.

So I don't see any real driving around in the Bullitt even locally.

But it will change for the better and then I will be driving it much more frequently.

I'm thinking you are really much more interested in the {Winter-Cold} driving Feed-Back.

I wish my brother and his wife were at home to be honest as I could then make roughly a 900 mile round trip.

That would be good as they live in Frankfort, KY. and the weather there is darn sure Cold !!!

But, hopefully I will get to drive it here while the streets, roads & interstates are still in the colder times.

And I will as always be glad to tell and share my thoughts on these tires.

I will say that with your Mustang IMHO a 275 tire is simply "NOT" even close to enough rubber under the ass-end for traction.

I do see that in these DWS06 tire sizes come in,
285/30ZR19's & 285/35ZR19's.

Check the Specs out on the 19" size below.

Also I am very much looking to See & Read all about your New Light-Project.

Terry

"The Tiger Machine"

Brenspeed B-302
Stroker Engine.

post #10099 of 10108 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 10:41 AM

Monster BullittHead

Quote:

Bob, since we have the same tire set up, Pirelli 275's on 19 " wheels. I've found that with normal & even spirited diving, the tires grip & handle well in wet or dry conditions. Problem comes in with the throttle. Launches & Going into a turn if you hit the Gas to accelerate out of the turn, the tires have a tendency to break loose. And you have twice the HP that I do. So I will be following Terry & your posts for when I upgrade my HP

BBK 62mm TB, Headers, 4.10's, Steeda UDP's, Borla T, BAMA tune, Steeda sport springs & Adjutable Panhard, Koni STR-T Struts/Shocks, GT500 Strut mounts, J&M rear LCA, Whiteline relocation brackets, UMI Sub-Frame connectors, Saleen short shift, NXT Hood struts, MMD Painted Retro mirrors, CDC Chin spoiler, GT 500 rear spoiler, DG painted louvers, Raptor Shift lite, Corbeau Harness bar, Raxiom Gen 5 taillights
post #10100 of 10108 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 12:40 PM

Those are sweet looking hides on your machine....my take

dg517 Black Bullitt #03149

"Just Plain Black"

Dennis aka woodrow

"Touch Not The Cat...Bot A Glove"

Quote: 'If you open it....close it!'

post #10101 of 10108 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Cool

Quote:
Bob, since we have the same tire set up, Pirelli 275's on 19 " wheels. I've found that with normal & even spirited diving, the tires grip & handle well in wet or dry conditions. Problem comes in with the throttle. Launches & Going into a turn if you hit the Gas to accelerate out of the turn, the tires have a tendency to break loose. And you have twice the HP that I do. So I will be following Terry & your posts for when I upgrade my HP
Dale,

Man here today it has gotten much colder and snow flurries.
So no driving the Bullitt for this fellow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg517 View Post
Those are sweet looking hides on your machine....my take
Hello Mr. Dennis G,

They don't look to Shabby buddy.

And the little time I have driven with them from Discount Tire to the house on the interstate they were Super Smooth.

Terry

"The Tiger Machine"

Brenspeed B-302
Stroker Engine.

post #10102 of 10108 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Post Got the SCT Tuner out and made the new setting for the DWS06 tires ...

Hello crew,

Well had to wait until today to get the SCT Tuner out and make the call to Brenspeed.
Called George and he walked me right through the settings on the New SCT Tuner I purchased last time mine was at their shop.
Actually I think I like the way this newer tuner's messages are in the display better than the older model.
It's pretty darn straight forward ..........

Also had to put the charger on the battery to load the new change in it.
The display said my battery was low and needed charging 1st.
So got the charger out and put it on a slow charge for like a few hours total.
It showed Zero on the battery Display afterwards and then I UN-Hooked it.
The Bullitt has been sitting for a long time and very few miles driven with it so the battery was low for sure.

Below are some pics I think you might like seeing of the New SCT Tuner Display doing it's thing.

Notice in the next few pictures how the RED goes from the Bottom to the Top as it completes it's function.

This next picture shows the New 725 (Revs-Per-Mile) setting I just set.

And this is what the SCT Tuner shows when it's completed loading the change.

Now if the weather will improve I can take it out and see what I think of the new DWS06 tires ...........

Terry

"The Tiger Machine"

Brenspeed B-302
Stroker Engine.

post #10103 of 10108 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 08:23 PM

Monster BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
Dale,

Man here today it has gotten much colder and snow flurries.
So no driving the Bullitt for this fellow.

Terry
Yep, same here. 40 when I got up, snow flurries and now 20, and lo's around 10 all week. Ever get back to Pittsburgh, I'm going to take a small trip and shoot that damn Groundhog.

Neat scanner. Withthe weather we are having you better hook up the Battery Tender LOL

BBK 62mm TB, Headers, 4.10's, Steeda UDP's, Borla T, BAMA tune, Steeda sport springs & Adjutable Panhard, Koni STR-T Struts/Shocks, GT500 Strut mounts, J&M rear LCA, Whiteline relocation brackets, UMI Sub-Frame connectors, Saleen short shift, NXT Hood struts, MMD Painted Retro mirrors, CDC Chin spoiler, GT 500 rear spoiler, DG painted louvers, Raptor Shift lite, Corbeau Harness bar, Raxiom Gen 5 taillights
post #10104 of 10108 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 08:55 PM

Terry, I looked up the 305/20 MTs and your new DWS 06 315/20. Not too much difference. Looks like 28.4" vs 28.7" on the new tires. A smidge taller which is good.

Once the weather improves we will be looking forward to your opinion.

I will guess that the noise, ride quality and stickiness will be a noticeable improvement.
post #10105 of 10108 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Yep, same here. 40 when I got up, snow flurries and now 20, and lo's around 10 all week. Ever get back to Pittsburgh, I'm going to take a small trip and shoot that damn Groundhog.

Neat scanner. Withthe weather we are having you better hook up the Battery Tender LOL
Dale,

Man the weather this week here is Cold-Cold-Cold and snow flurries happening a few days.

And your right I should have already purchased a (Battery Tender) but I have not, yet.

Quote:
Terry, I looked up the 305/20 MTs and your new DWS 06 315/20. Not too much difference. Looks like 28.4" vs 28.7" on the new tires. A smidge taller which is good.

Once the weather improves we will be looking forward to your opinion.

I will guess that the noise, ride quality and stickiness will be a noticeable improvement.
Bob,

Yes a little taller and that changed the speedometer just a little.
Actually if I did not have a tuner one could live with the slight difference in the speedometer reading.
But I do have an UN-Locked tuner so just went in and did the simple change and it only takes a few minutes.
Quote:
Those are exactly the things I will be looking at once I can actually get it out and put some real miles on it.
Plus just driving it here locally and see if I do actually feel any additional {Traction} with these DWS06 tires.
I think I drove enough with the M/T Street Comps that I very well might be able to tell if there is really a noticeable difference between them on {Traction} in cold weather.
I think, well know, we both realize if I get into the gas these tires on a Cold Street are not going to hold.
I'm much more interested to see what they do with just normal driving in the Cold Conditions.

I'm not really expecting any significant difference but I hope these will be some improvement in overall traction.

We will darn sure find out .................

T.

BTW, these are a little taller so that's going to slightly change my gearing a little which is a good thing.
Also it very well might even add a little tiny bit of improvement to the MPG on the interstate with the cruise-control-set.

"The Tiger Machine"

Brenspeed B-302
Stroker Engine.

post #10106 of 10108 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Hi Gang,

Well finally the weather was where I could take the Bullitt to Discount Tire this afternoon.

The manager called and said why don't we try for 3:30 pm today.
I'll give you a call if anything comes up by I think that's gonna work.
Did not get a call back from him so drove on over and got there around 3:30 pm.

They jumped right on the Bullitt as soon as they had me pull it in a bay.
I will say this about Discount Tire those guys don't mess around.
Their very careful with mine but they don't play around they are taking care of business.

I took some pictures of them doing their thing.
They also replaced that driver's side front Mickey Thompson Wheel I messed up pulling in Bank-of-America drive through.

At one point there was three (3) of them doing different things on mine.
One was taking the existing M/T tires off.
Another was balancing.
And another was mounting and torquing them on the car.

Lets see what can I say about driving home with them ???
They are Super Smooth even though they are some very large tires (315/35-20" rears).
But driving with them you would not know there size at all.
They also were really smooth going over the interstate joints etc.
Pretty impressive in regards to smoothness.

On the down ramp I got up to like 90 MPH merging onto the interstate.

I will have to hook up the SCT Tuner and reset the 724 RPM (Revolution Per-Mile).
I had my GPS on so it showed me my true speed and it is off a little from the M/T 305/35-20" tires versus the Conti 315/35-20".

I'm glad I got the call from them today as the weather forecast for here is going to suck again.

Oh the rear tires are BIG !!!
They look Bad-Ass when looking from behind the rear.

Okay here are the pictures.

Terry

Guys,

I took the Bullitt out this afternoon running local errands to see how those DWS06 tires would do.
Temperature was 36-Degrees so the roads were cold and what I wanted.
It does darn good for those wanting to know.

Driving normal it does perfect.
Getting into the throttle some it still does okay.
Putting your foot into it pretty aggressive it does instantly brake the rear tires loose in the lower gears.
Get way into the gas and the tires break loose but the car does not go all over the place.
I did go down an interstate ramp on the way home and got into it pretty darn hard and the tires broke loose on concrete.
As it shifted into 3rd I punched it and it really bit hard and accelerated strongly.
I quickly saw at a quick glance the tach went to 6,500 RPM under WOT in 3rd gear and it was hauling ass !!!

Bottom-Line guys, these tires are an improvement over the all summer M/T Street Comp tires for traction in colder road conditions IMO.

I still don't have but maybe 15-20 miles on them so obviously they are not broke in yet.

Even though that is the case I can tell they are a better tire for colder road conditions.

Tire pressures are, 34-Rears & 36 Fronts.

Terry

"The Tiger Machine"

Brenspeed B-302
Stroker Engine.

post #10107 of 10108 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM

Keep up the reviews of those tires, Terry.

Former owner of 6010.
2011 Mustang GT
Mods: JBA ss ceramic coated 1 7/8 headers with HF cats and stock axlebacks. Roush 2300 TVS supercharger with upgraded fuel delivery (47lb injectors, boost-a-pump, H0 plugs). Dyno'd 591 RWHP(w/stock exhaust). Boss oil cooler. Exedy 500 clutch w/billit steel flywheel. Ford racing rear LCAs, Tokico D-spec adjustable shocks/struts, SR front/rear sway bars with energy suspension bushings BMR watts link and relocation brackets.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode