1,021.81 Flywheel H/P, 817.45 RWHP, Video & Post # 9040 - Page 688 - IMBOC
 123Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #10306 of 10314 (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 03:21 PM

PY-Like BullittHead

"# K061020HD That's the HD (Heavy-Duty) Green Serpentine Belt for the 08 Bullitt Stock Mustang.

They ain't cheap buddy just so you know but they are good."

Thanks Terry for the information. Just looked this up in the O'Reilly online site and it lists for $60.99. Since a regular belt goes for close to $40.00, this is not that bad a price, especially since it has been 8 years on the one I have now.

I think I am going to order one. Definitely a good "insurance" policy since I use the car mostly on highway trips. Plus add a little "zing" under the hood.
tigerhonaker likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10307 of 10314 (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 05:03 PM
Car Whisperer

$43.29 plus free shipping:

https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-K0610...duckgo-ffnt-20

1996 SVT Cobra
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

post #10308 of 10314 (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTom View Post
Hi Terry,

Hey, buddy, I'm late to the party but finally got caught up reading about all the changes to your Bullitt.
The photos you posted are, as usual, great to see.

I'm happy to hear that you are pleased with the Dynamat results. Being able to cruise along without a lot of uninteresting noise is great. And now you can better listen to the INTERESTING noises: The S/C, the Borla Touring exhaust, and the Sirius radio. What's not to like about that?

Cool, too, that you now have your favored 4.10 gears back and that they too are quiet. I loved reading about your charge past some slow traffic in overdrive.

Your machine is now about as perfect as it can be and you must have a smile on your face.
Glad everything worked out to your satisfaction, Terry.

Cheers,
Tom
Hi Tom,

Well let me just this about the Bullitt.

I think it is as good as it's gonna be IMHO.

I'm well satisfied with it as it sits in the garage ready to be fired-up and off it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt2you View Post
I don't have a part# but you know I'm thinking they probably do have a (Heavy-Duty) green belt in that size.

I called Jon at (Lexpro) just now and he said he thinks they only have the (Heavy-Duty-Green) Gates belt in the 8 & 10 rib.
He said he was going to replace the one on his SS Camaro with the Whipple S/C which is a 6-rib and they don't make it.

easy fix.
order the correct length belt in 8 rib and use a sharp blade and cut 2 ribs off.
I did this with a standard belt when I first installed my DOB kit with 6 rib pulleys. they only made 8 and 10 rib in the proper length.

those gates green belts are $$$ but work great. I think mine cost around $80 and that was dealer cost. to make matters worse I bought 3 of them when I converted to 8 rib. they were special order and it took 3 days to get it. I didn't want to be stuck without one if I somehow broke 2 when I was racing and then be totally screwed at the track.
I did as you, I actually have 2-spares just in case.
In my case mine will start making noise even though it will not be slipping.
It's simply the boost level I now run on mine and it's hard on any serpentine belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDW - 852 View Post
"# K061020HD That's the HD (Heavy-Duty) Green Serpentine Belt for the 08 Bullitt Stock Mustang.

They ain't cheap buddy just so you know but they are good."

Thanks Terry for the information. Just looked this up in the O'Reilly online site and it lists for $60.99. Since a regular belt goes for close to $40.00, this is not that bad a price, especially since it has been 8 years on the one I have now.

I think I am going to order one. Definitely a good "insurance" policy since I use the car mostly on highway trips. Plus add a little "zing" under the hood.
Your going to like the Green HD serpentine belt IMO.

They look great under the hood and they perform excellent so to me it's a Win-Win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
There you go guys Tim has the exact information for you on the Green Serpentine Belt at an excellent price.

Terry

Brenspeed Talks About the "tiger-machine" being a Long Term Project and Dream Car.

Click on Video Link below to see it on the DYNO
and
it making a Full Blown, Wide-Open, Drive-By.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-brenspeed-talks-about-long-term-projects-and-dream-cars/

post #10309 of 10314 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 11:04 AM

PY-Like BullittHead

After doing a little more research, I think the correct number for the Green Belt to fit the stock engine is K061223HD. This one is $117.99 @ O'Reilly and $68.98 @ the Amazon site that "Serpent" (can anyone guess who this is ) posted.

I found these by doing a vehicle search rather than using the part number. Based upon the specification of the belts, it appears that this one is almost 20" longer.

Still going to order one of the $69 belts. Free shipping and no sales tax so still worth it to me.
tigerhonaker likes this.
post #10310 of 10314 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDW - 852 View Post
After doing a little more research, I think the correct number for the Green Belt to fit the stock engine is K061223HD. This one is $117.99 @ O'Reilly and $68.98 @ the Amazon site that "Serpent" (can anyone guess who this is ) posted.

I found these by doing a vehicle search rather than using the part number. Based upon the specification of the belts, it appears that this one is almost 20" longer.

Still going to order one of the $69 belts. Free shipping and no sales tax so still worth it to me.
Jack,

Well it won't be long until a New {Green HD} serpentine belt is under your Bullitt Mustang hood.

Brenspeed Talks About the "tiger-machine" being a Long Term Project and Dream Car.

and

http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-brenspeed-talks-about-long-term-projects-and-dream-cars/

post #10311 of 10314 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Smile The 2008 Bullitt Mustang is still around ...........

Hi everyone,

For those wondering the 2008 Bullitt Mustang is still around.

Just did the Detail thing ..............

and

post #10312 of 10314 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 11:40 AM

Monster BullittHead

looking good Terry,Sure can't wait until I can get mine clean. Still can't get on the IMBOC site

BBK 62mm TB, Headers, 4.10's, Steeda UDP's, Borla T, BAMA tune, Steeda sport springs & Adjutable Panhard, Koni STR-T Struts/Shocks, GT500 Strut mounts, J&M rear LCA, Whiteline relocation brackets, UMI Sub-Frame connectors, Saleen short shift, NXT Hood struts, MMD Painted Retro mirrors, CDC Chin spoiler, GT 500 rear spoiler, DG painted louvers, Raptor Shift lite, Corbeau Harness bar, Raxiom Gen 5 taillights
post #10313 of 10314 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcard View Post
looking good Terry,Sure can't wait until I can get mine clean. Still can't get on the IMBOC site
Hello Bro Dale,

It looks okay for a now 8-year-old machine.

57K + Miles on it .................

Say what do you mean you can't get on IMBOC ???
Your posting on it right now so I'm totally lost on what you are saying buddy.

Terry

and

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode