151Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #10351 of 10361 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1353 View Post
What issue do you have ?
Eddie,

I'm waiting until the ongoing issue is finally totally resolved and then I'll explain in detail.

Stay-Tuned buddy it should not be long now the new parts are ordered ...............

If Jon (Shop Manager/Foreman) at DBR Performance is right and I sure hope he is this is going to be over with soon.

Terry
Eddie1353 likes this.

Brenspeed Talks about a Long Term 1,000 at the Crank H/P Project and Dream Car.

Click on Video Link below to see it on the DYNO
with
it making a Full Blown, Wide-Open, Drive-By.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-brenspeed-talks-about-long-term-projects-and-dream-cars/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10352 of 10361 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 12:46 AM
Car Whisperer

did you indicate what the original symptoms or whatever was going on with the car? guess I missed it since I saw you said in one of your posts that it wasn't a secret, but can't find out what is happening.

1996 SVT Cobra
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

post #10353 of 10361 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 11:04 AM

PY-Like BullittHead

So it sounds like you are not going back to Brenspeed anymore? With all the money you have spent there, you would think they would want to get this issue resolved themselves.

TB Bullitt #5019

post #10354 of 10361 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
did you indicate what the original symptoms or whatever was going on with the car? guess I missed it since I saw you said in one of your posts that it wasn't a secret, but can't find out what is happening.
Tim,

You did not see what the on going issue because I have not said yet buddy.
I will be in the very near future if in fact Jon did yesterday actually find out what has been causing the issue.
He thinks he did and from a common-sense standpoint I agreed with him.
So he ordered the new replacement parts and will get them installed as soon as they come in.
Then I'll take it for an extended drive maybe even to Louisville, KY. as a Long-Distance-Trial run.
(Assuming the weather cooperates as in not raining or snowing)

Maybe I should have not said anything until I was ready to totally discuss and reveal what this on going issue is, (My Apology).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sganow View Post
So it sounds like you are not going back to Brenspeed anymore?
With all the money you have spent there, you would think they would want to get this issue resolved themselves.
Steve,

Quote:
So it sounds like you are not going back to Brenspeed anymore?

It's not so much that I'm Never-Ever going back to BRENSPEED ever again or that I have (Negative) issues with them.
So, I think I should clarify further on the above.
Brenspeed is simply approximately a 1K mile round trip drive.
It takes like 8 Hrs. 1-way to and from them to my house.
I also then have to pay for the 93-Octane Gas, Food, Hotel, and put miles on my Mustang just to go and come.
With the above being said and DBR Performance being like 20-Minutes from my house it just makes much more sense to me to take it to them.
I can either get my wife or my neighbor to follow me over and drop the Mustang off.
Then same-thing for picking it up.

Quote:
With all the money you have spent there, you would think they would want to get this issue resolved themselves.
Actually BRENSPEED does not even know that the issue exist.
I've never seen any reason to bring it to their attention.
That might very well come across to some people as STRANGE but the reason they don't know is because I chose to get it handled at DBR Performance with Jon.
I have no doubt if I had brought this to Brent White's attention he would have said bring it up.
Or he would have said I'll send my guys down to pick it up and bring it back when it's completed.
I have not one time ever had Brent (BRENSPEED Owner) refuse or come across like he did not want to work on my Mustang over the past 8-Plus yrs.
Hopefully I don't have to say the following but I will.
If BRENSPEED was a heck of a lot closer to me I would have taken it to them 1st to see if they could figure things out.
But they simply are not and since it's my Mustang, my dollars, time ,etc. I've decided over a year ago to try a different Performance Shop DBR Performance.
I have said probably much more than what was needed but knowing how very easy it is for a person to read something that's text on-line that the originator simply actually did not mean I've further elaborated.

Thanks guys for your interest in my Mustang and hopefully I have not said anything to offend anyone as that's not my intention.

I have simply tried to answer what's been ask with complete replies.

Terry

with

http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-brenspeed-talks-about-long-term-projects-and-dream-cars/

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 02-10-2017 at 12:00 PM.
post #10355 of 10361 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 12:06 PM
Car Whisperer

so I didn't miss what the issue is...still is secret!!!

1996 SVT Cobra

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

post #10356 of 10361 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 12:08 PM

Hi Terry,

Sorry to hear this in some ways minor but nevertheless irritating issue persists.
Fingers crossed that DBR finds a solution soon so you can get your fabulous machine back.

Cheers,
Tom
sganow likes this.
post #10357 of 10361 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 12:11 PM

PY-Like BullittHead

Hey Terry, that makes sense not wanting to go to the time and expense of going that distance. Not judging, just curious why you started going to a different shop. Hope it all gets worked out.

TB Bullitt #5019
post #10358 of 10361 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
so I didn't miss what the issue is...still is secret!!!
Well I don't know if I would say it's a Secret I simply prefer to divulge this until it's finally corrected.
It's just one of those things that is irritating !!!
And I made up my mind one way or another it's going to get resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTom View Post
Hi Terry,

Sorry to hear this in some ways minor but nevertheless irritating issue persists.
Fingers crossed that DBR finds a solution soon so you can get your fabulous machine back.

Cheers,
Tom
Well the parts are now ordered and as soon as they arrive Jon will install them.
Then fire it up and see if the irritating issue is finally resolved.
He showed me the parts and I can see and understand even as a layman that they could very well be causing the issue.
We sure are going to be finding out in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sganow View Post
Hey Terry, that makes sense not wanting to go to the time and expense of going that distance.
Not judging, just curious why you started going to a different shop. Hope it all gets worked out.
Steve,

Just so you know I did not think you were Nick-Picking I took your comments as you meant them.
I just try my best to reply as thoroughly and as complete as I possibly can in when answering to others.

I'll be back on here as soon as I hear back from Jon and that I think will be this coming week.
That is if the weather stays where he as well as I can test drive it.
If he thinks the problem has been resolved then I'm going to take it for a very long test drive.
Louisville is like a 3-Hour Drive Time and 200-Miles 1-way.
So that will put 400-miles on it round-Trip and 6-Hrs. on the road/interstate.
That hopefully should show that things are as they should be once and for all.

Terry

with

post #10359 of 10361 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 05:01 PM
Car Whisperer

thing is, whatever the issue is, it is nice for the educational experience of hearing:

here are the symptoms or what the car is doing.

here is what they or we or I think it is.

then when it is resolved, here is what it turned out to be.

becomes educational for those who might run into the same thing as often the resolution can be one of several different things. nice to know what all of what the fixes might be for the next time for someone else.

1996 SVT Cobra

post #10360 of 10361 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
thing is, whatever the issue is, it is nice for the educational experience of hearing:

here are the symptoms or what the car is doing.

here is what they or we or I think it is.

then when it is resolved, here is what it turned out to be.

becomes educational for those who might run into the same thing as often the resolution can be one of several different things. nice to know what all of what the fixes might be for the next time for someone else.
Tim,

We are on the exact same page and believe me I'll be talking as well as showing exactly what has been going on.

I'm just holding off until it is corrected.

Terry

with

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode