Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Tool

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  naa10104 
#1 ·
Hello,

Found a small metal allen head driver in my 08 Bullit that says Ford Racing on it. Was in a small plastic bag. Any idea what his might be for ? Looks like it came with the car. Thanks

Steve

#2 ·
I haven't seen anything like that in the 2009 that I bought new. Have any Ford Racing parts been installed? It sounds like something that came with a Ford Racing modification. If you could post a picture of the tool someone on this forum can probably help you identify the function. Good Luck!

Dave T.

#8 · (Edited)
It's most likely the tool to adjust the shocks and struts on the Ford Racing adjustable dampers.

Open your hood and see if there is a metal cap that can be unscrewed on the top of the front struts. If so, a previous owner installed those on the car. The rear shocks would be the same way (pull the carpet back in the truck to access them. Also, the shocks and struts are blue vs. black for the stock ones.

They use a 3mm Allen wrench for making the adjustments.

If this is the case you can adjust the shocks to be soft or firm, depending on your preference, or where/how you're driving it. Rotate clockwise to firm them up, counter-clockwise to soften.

I have them on mine and they're excellent. Be careful when adjusting them, though. I've been told if you go too far in either direction, it will thread out and need to be rebuilt. For that reason I've stayed near the middle of the range (which is perfect for street driving).

I got my set slightly used, and it didn't have the tool from Ford Racing, but I know the kit does come with one, so I'd be very surprised if that's not what you had.

#12 ·
Hello all,

I did some checking and the previous post is correct about the FRP suspension upgrade. I have what is known as I believe the FR3 kit which is the struts/shocks/springs/bushings/sway bars/panard bar (?). Retails for app. $2300 on FRP site. I am happy about this and will check the settings later to see the difference. BTW, what does "OP" refer to in the previous post ? Thanks for all the input !

#15 ·
those are the adjustable shocks struts from Ford Racing. Made by Tokico and allow you to adjust the dampening and rebound by putting the key in and turning. Turn them full tight which is clockwise looking at the top. Then back them off: 7 full turns are full soft. I set mine at 5 front, 4 1/2 rear for normal driving. 4/4 for firm. Front full soft, rear firm for drag racing. They are great.

The former owner gave you a serious upgrade!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.