tire pressure sensors - IMBOC
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Garage
tire pressure sensors

Well, guy's, new question, what are people now doing with there TPS's that is attached to their stock wheels? Some of us, including myself are still running the same stock wheels and they are coming up 10 years old, end of there battery life. Do we continue to use the strap on wheel sensors or do we go with the valve stem type?

Black 2008 Mustang Bullitt, ID# 2029, 1 of 1431, Build Date 02/15/2008.
HID headlights, Shaker 1000 Stereo, Active alarm system, Purchased 03/28/2008.
SHR Louvers, Custom painted engine covers, 3M Venture Shield, 50% LLumar window tint.
Moroso Aluminum tanks/AirOil separator, Carbon fiber DS, Michelin Super Sport 235x50x18".
Barton shifter/twin 62mm TB/Hot Rod Cams/CAI/4.10's & 8.8 Axle Girdle.
Steada UDP's/Racer CMDP's/LCA's/Adjustable 3rd link.
Kook's Headers/H-Pipe, Corsa Extreme mufflers.
BlowByRacing tuned 340rwhp/335rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 08:22 PM
Supporting Member

I'd move to the valve stem type because they'd cost less...I think. American Muscle has a nice video on how to install & reprogram.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 08:46 AM

Garage
I've had one fail, and replaced it with a valve-stem monitor.

08 Bullitt 5389 13 FIAT 500 Abarth 00 Roush Cougar

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFink View Post
Well, guy's, new question, what are people now doing with there TPS's that is attached to their stock wheels? Some of us, including myself are still running the same stock wheels and they are coming up 10 years old, end of there battery life. Do we continue to use the strap on wheel sensors or do we go with the valve stem type?
The newer valve stem type .............

Terry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Something New Coming in April 2017 ...

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 05:49 PM

Garage
I've got the new valve type and can't get them 'talking' to the car at all. All but given up now and resided to the fact that I'm always going to have a little orange light on the dash. Getting quite used to it now!!

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 02:40 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jainser View Post
I've got the new valve type and can't get them 'talking' to the car at all. All but given up now and resided to the fact that I'm always going to have a little orange light on the dash. Getting quite used to it now!!
Well, American Muscle USED to have a video, but I can't find it now...only this where they mention the video. Wish I could be more help...

Mustang TPMS Full Mount & Balance Kit - 07-09 (4 Wheels) (07-09 All) - Free Shipping
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 11:56 AM

Monster BullittHead

I read this the other day and last night mine went bad. Off to American Muscle. I'm sick of spending money on this car.
pwd72s likes this.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 01:28 PM
Supporting Member

Bill, hopefully American Muscle will give you more info on how to program the sensors than the internet ad shows.

Yeah...Mustangs were made for people who love spending money on cars. I mean, just ask Terry.

Seriously, car upkeep costs are something we should think more about when eyeing that showroom beauty. Very generally speaking, they range from the Camry or Accord...both as reliable as a refrigerator and about as exciting to drive, to a thrill ride Ferrari that can't pass a mechanic without costing you. Hopefully our Mustangs are a compromise somewhere in the middle of that range?
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
Bill, hopefully American Muscle will give you more info on how to program the sensors than the internet ad shows.

Yeah...Mustangs were made for people who love spending money on cars. I mean, just ask Terry.

Seriously, car upkeep costs are something we should think more about when eyeing that showroom beauty. Very generally speaking, they range from the Camry or Accord...both as reliable as a refrigerator and about as exciting to drive, to a thrill ride Ferrari that can't pass a mechanic without costing you. Hopefully our Mustangs are a compromise somewhere in the middle of that range?
Paul.

Quote:
Quote:
Well I have been thinking over your comment.
I don't know that I would say I (Enjoy) spending money on my 08 Bullitt Mustang exactly.
I think it it really goes like this,
I really like all the Super-High-Tech stuff and in order to have them it (Requires) me to constantly it seems to spend (Large) sums of my monies.

But I can easily see from an outsider looking at things they very well might conclude I simply love throwing and constantly spending money on the Bullitt Mustang.

Terry

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 02:31 PM
Car Whisperer

1996 SVT Cobra
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 03:47 PM
Supporting Member

Wasn't trying to insult you Terry...the intent was a bit of good natured ribbing...
Franks Partner likes this.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 04:47 PM

Smile

Quote:
Wasn't trying to insult you Terry...the intent was a bit of good natured ribbing...
Paul,

Hey buddy I took it as you meant it, No-Worries

Terry
Franks Partner likes this.

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 06:27 PM

Garage
In the past, I have contacted the dealer and "asked" for the new p/n... then off to ebay for some take offs. New and about 70% off... so far.. so good!

Frank has a new partner. He didn't ask for it, and he wasn't thrilled about it. We get along... for now.

If you need something from Frank... ask me, it will just be easier on you.

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 12:56 PM

Monster BullittHead

Quote:

Well I just found out that my $484 bumper repair went to $700. There was more damage under the front lip so they're going to strip it and redo the whole thing. Plus fix a little spot on the right rocker that's been bothering me.
I'm done spending for a while. My wife is gonna kill me if I don't stop, lol. The TPMS sensors will have to wait until I swap in my new summer tires in June.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 02:05 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill220 View Post
Well I just found out that my $484 bumper repair went to $700. There was more damage under the front lip so they're going to strip it and redo the whole thing. Plus fix a little spot on the right rocker that's been bothering me.
I'm done spending for a while. My wife is gonna kill me if I don't stop, lol. The TPMS sensors will have to wait until I swap in my new summer tires in June.
Hey Bill,

Hey Bill you know what some people say ???

If you want to (Play) you have to {Pay}.

Just messing with you buddy so don't get serious with me it's just cars guys messing with one another.

Terry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode