Dyno after adding headers - Page 2 - IMBOC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 06:51 PM

Mega BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWB2740
On 8/8 I had a set of Kooks long tube headers w/ X-pipe installed. I had previously done the Brenspeed 93 tune so the first run was with the tune and the second run after adding the headers. I don't know one dyno from another so to see what kind of dyno was used check out www.redline-motorsports.net/services. The final numbers were 324.4 torque and 308 HP.
wow are those the only mods done to the B.

Mods- Pypes Lt's,x-pipe,Borla stingers, Dyno Comps 91 tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 09:33 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by first ford
Very nice numbers.Kooks long tubes a real seat of the pants mod.Way to go.
Rick, I know this is an old string, but I've been looking at getting headers from my 2009 Bullitt with the vortech v3 si Ho. Talked to Brenspeed today. They tell me that just a non catted h or x pipe doesn't do much and neither do the shorty headers. So I'm looking at long tubes which I'm told will add a good 20 rwhp. I know your blower is bigger than the v3, but I would really like your opinion on the pros and cons. Did they ad a real lot of noise? Any one else, I would appreciate your input as well. Thanks, guys.

Former owner of 6010.
2011 Mustang GT
Mods: JBA ss ceramic coated 1 7/8 headers with HF cats and stock axlebacks. Roush 2300 TVS supercharger with upgraded fuel delivery (47lb injectors, boost-a-pump, H0 plugs). Dyno'd 591 RWHP(w/stock exhaust). Boss oil cooler. Exedy 500 clutch w/billit steel flywheel. Whiteline rear LCAs, Tokico D-spec adjustable shocks/struts, BMR watts link and relocation brackets. Ford Racing "P" springs. DS shop carbon fiber driveshaft.
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 09:53 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonbullitt
Rick, I know this is an old string, but I've been looking at getting headers from my 2009 Bullitt with the vortech v3 si Ho. Talked to Brenspeed today. They tell me that just a non catted h or x pipe doesn't do much and neither do the shorty headers. So I'm looking at long tubes which I'm told will add a good 20 rwhp. I know your blower is bigger than the v3, but I would really like your opinion on the pros and cons. Did they ad a real lot of noise? Any one else, I would appreciate your input as well. Thanks, guys.
Hi Bob,

Let me mention something to you.
LT (Long Tube) headers can be a {MAJOR-Pain} if you have to go through Fed. Emissions.
And I don't care what you are told just take my word for it that I know what I am saying as it is a "Fact".

Honestly if you are not going to Drag-Race your Bullitt, (Frequently) skip the Headers !!!

tigerhonaker

Brenspeed Talks about a Long Term 1,000 at the Crank H/P Project and Dream Car.

Click on Video Link below to see it on the DYNO
with
it making a Full Blown, Wide-Open, Drive-By.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-brenspeed-talks-about-long-term-projects-and-dream-cars/

post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 10:16 PM

Terry, I REALLY appreciate your input. I was going back and forth on whether to do it or not. You just helped me decide.

I was thinking back to when I had the 1970 Roadrunner with headers on the 383. They leaked, were kinda noisy, etc. The absolute best header ever in opinion were those 427 ford cast iron ones. They exited where regular headers exited and were awesome sounding with my hand made H pipe and magnaflows. In the cabin you would never know that there were headers on the car. They go for like $1,500 a pair these days. Bought mine for $75 loooong ago. Boy did that car have torque. Long ago and far, far away. Thanks again.

Former owner of 6010.
2011 Mustang GT
Mods: JBA ss ceramic coated 1 7/8 headers with HF cats and stock axlebacks. Roush 2300 TVS supercharger with upgraded fuel delivery (47lb injectors, boost-a-pump, H0 plugs). Dyno'd 591 RWHP(w/stock exhaust). Boss oil cooler. Exedy 500 clutch w/billit steel flywheel. Whiteline rear LCAs, Tokico D-spec adjustable shocks/struts, BMR watts link and relocation brackets. Ford Racing "P" springs. DS shop carbon fiber driveshaft.
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 10:38 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonbullitt
Terry, I REALLY appreciate your input. I was going back and forth on whether to do it or not. You just helped me decide.

I was thinking back to when I had the 1970 Roadrunner with headers on the 383. They leaked, were kinda noisy, etc. The absolute best header ever in opinion were those 427 ford cast iron ones. They exited where regular headers exited and were awesome sounding with my hand made H pipe and magnaflows. In the cabin you would never know that there were headers on the car. They go for like $1,500 a pair these days. Bought mine for $75 loooong ago. Boy did that car have torque. Long ago and far, far away. Thanks again.
Bob,

I always was in Serious Lust for a 426 Hemi Roadrunner !!!

I was in my very early 20's and right out of the Army from Viet-Nam.

Just did not have that sort of income back then.

Terry

with

http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-brenspeed-talks-about-long-term-projects-and-dream-cars/

post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 10:44 PM

The body style was the best. Cheap, fast cars. That was Mopar. No longer! Look at the price of the new challengers! BTW thanks to you and all the vets for serving.

Former owner of 6010.
2011 Mustang GT
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 12:23 AM

Monster BullittHead

The LT's are good for at least 20hp and 20ft. tq. on a stock motor. I would think with a blower your power gains would be substantially more.
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 01:40 PM

Monster BullittHead

Doesn't brenspeed have to reprogram their programmer for adding headers?

Dark Highland Green #2244

post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crow magnum View Post
Doesn't brenspeed have to reprogram their programmer for adding headers?
Nope not really ...........

Terry

with

post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 02:51 PM

Monster BullittHead

Well that opens a new door. Thank you tiger.i trust and hope all is well, and happy holidays!

post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 02:57 PM

Agree with Terry. No tune needed. Also, no problem with my headers at all. No leaks, just louder. Did add torque and more power for sure!

Former owner of 6010.
2011 Mustang GT
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 03:17 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by crow magnum View Post
Well that opens a new door. Thank you tiger.i trust and hope all is well, and happy holidays!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonbullitt View Post
Agree with Terry. No tune needed. Also, no problem with my headers at all. No leaks, just louder. Did add torque and more power for sure!
Hi Guys,

Happy Holidays coming up for you guys.

tigerhonaker

with

post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 03:35 PM

Garage
The only draw back to having long tube headers is that you can't use the stock mid-pipe. I love my kooks headers and I like the performance benefits .

Black 2008 Mustang Bullitt, ID# 2029, 1 of 1431, Build Date 02/15/2008.
HID headlights, Shaker 1000 Stereo, Active alarm system, Purchased 03/28/2008.
SHR Louvers, Custom painted engine covers, 3M Venture Shield, 50% LLumar window tint.
Moroso Aluminum tanks/AirOil separator, Carbon fiber DS, Nitto 555 tires 255x45x18".
Barton shifter/twin 62mm TB/Hot Rod Cams/CAI/4.10's & 8.8 Axle Girdle.
Steada UDP's/Racer CMDP's/LCA's/Adjustable 3rd link.
Kook's Headers/H-Pipe, Corsa Extreme mufflers.
BlowByRacing tuned 340rwhp/335rwtq
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 04:53 PM

Monster BullittHead

Nelson which headers are you using and we're u able to use your h pipe unlike black fink?

post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 05:21 PM

So I have a dumb question.... Where do the cats get located after you install the long tubes? From what I've seen while under the car, the cats are located in front of the firewall. Do they get located underneath the car now? How does that work w/ a lowered car? Speed bumps are not friendly around here...

Rodney, 5386. Mods: Brembo front brakes, Raxiom rear LED lights, Raxiom infotainment center, AM AMR wheels, Tokico D-Specs, Eibach sways, Detroit Torsen true track diff, Vogtland/Ford FRPP springs, CS front bumper, AutoMeter gauge pod, VDO gauges and some other stuff...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode