Dyno Day in Socal - IMBOC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Mega BullittHead

Dyno Day in Socal

Hello! I dyno'd the bullitt yesterday at a dyno day in socal at RET tuning. Best run was 298.39HP/ 296.18 torgue. The only mod I have is detroit rockers - everything else is stock. What do you think?

Some pics are here:

http://www.lamustangclub.com/forums/...?t=4816&page=2

Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 11:51 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Thumbs up

Nick,

Looking good and the numbers look good to me.

tigerhonaker

2008 Highland Green Bullitt Mustang, the "tiger-machine"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 10:13 AM

You Broke the Server!

Nice, those cams gave you a gain of 30 H/P give or take a buck.

Vortech V-7 YSI ,Kooks LT W/ H pipe, 62 Mil TB, 3.5"Dynotech shaft, Steeda swaybar & end links,SLP exhaust, T56 magnum 6spd trans,Mcleod clutch ,steeda lca BMR uca,FRPP axle girdle , Koni yellows, Moser axles,UMI pan hard bar,SLP line lock, boost gauge, wideband ,BMR relocation brackets,B 302 stroker,SHR louvers,Steeda torque boxs,Prothane motor mounts,CHE torque limiter,Raptor shift light, Baer Decelarotors, Nitto NT05 295/45/18 out back, torq thrust wheels, Comp cams,MRT Custom shift knob,cervini cobra R hood 682 RWHP/577T /2014 GHIG GT lightly modded .. so far

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 12:36 PM

Monster BullittHead

Nice numbers for an otherwise stock install and a great baseline for the Rockers. Thanks
I was wondering how they feel to you...
a) Do you notice any difference when blasting off from a dead stop?
b) Where do you start to feel the difference in power?
c) How does it act now in slow traffic?
d) How noticable is the difference in sound over stock?

Thanks for your time.

I'm in need of some ....restraint.

SCT X3 Brenspeed 93 Performance Tune/Pypes Violators Axle Back

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Mega BullittHead

Hey Wheelman

a)b)You can feel them come on after about 3K RPM, not dramatic, but noticeable power increase
c) driveability is as they advertise, like stock, so in traffic all is good
d) as for sound you can hear a low pulsating thump/lope and you can feel them literally rock the car, it would be louder if i had an aftermarket exhaust

Hope that helps a little.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 01:22 PM

Monster BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick08
Hey Wheelman

a)b)You can feel them come on after about 3K RPM, not dramatic, but noticeable power increase
c) driveability is as they advertise, like stock, so in traffic all is good
d) as for sound you can hear a low pulsating thump/lope and you can feel them literally rock the car, it would be louder if i had an aftermarket exhaust

Hope that helps a little.
That helps alot! Many thanks and enjoy the cams.

I'm in need of some ....restraint.

SCT X3 Brenspeed 93 Performance Tune/Pypes Violators Axle Back

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 12:48 AM

Garage
Nice numbers, I am told that when your tq = hp that your dyno results are "square" which is a end result that a lot of people wish they had.
Good job

Black 2008 Mustang Bullitt, ID# 2029, 1 of 1431, Build Date 02/15/2008.
HID headlights, Shaker 1000 Stereo, Active alarm system, Purchased 03/28/2008.
SHR Louvers, Custom painted engine covers, 3M Venture Shield, 50% LLumar window tint.
Moroso Aluminum tanks/AirOil separator, Carbon fiber DS, Michelin Super Sport 235x50x18".
Barton shifter/twin 62mm TB/Hot Rod Cams/CAI/4.10's & 8.8 Axle Girdle.
Steada UDP's/Racer CMDP's/LCA's/Adjustable 3rd link.
Kook's Headers/H-Pipe, Borla Touring "11752".
BlowByRacing tuned 340rwhp/335rwtq
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 06:23 PM

BullittHead

I know this an old thread. But im from socal and want to add the rockers to the bullitt. But I have heard that CA smog tests will not allow the cams to pass. Anything would be appreiciated
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 12:05 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1076 Bullitt 2008 View Post
I know this an old thread. But im from socal and want to add the rockers to the bullitt. But I have heard that CA smog tests will not allow the cams to pass. Anything would be appreiciated
Suggestion .........

Look up to see what other States have the same Federal Emissions Testing as California.

(Come back and list those States)

Then it might be possible that either myself or another member might know someone in one of those States that are running those cams.

tigerhonaker

2008 Highland Green Bullitt Mustang, the "tiger-machine"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode