5386 dyno numbers - IMBOC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

5386 dyno numbers

Yesterday, our club (www.thscc.com) organized a dyno day over at Long Road Racing in Raleigh. They have a NICE dyno, Dynojet brand, in ground and completely adjustable to accept all wheel drive cars.

I did 2 pulls, one stock and one w/ a brenspeed tune I purchased from Biglou01. The bullitt was running 93 octane and has a Green filter, everything else is stock. I was impressed w/ the stock settings. At the wheels it posted 282hp/296tq at the wheels, so back adding 15% puts me at roughly 332hp at the crank, not to shabby.

The brenspeed tune was disappointing, but it still helped. That produced 293hp/306tq at the wheels, so adding back the 15%, I'm at 344hp at the crank. When the bullitt was dyno-ed w/ the tune, I heard spark knock and there was too much black smoke, so it was running too rich. In talking w/ the staff, $350 would buy me a custom tune for 93 with everything tweaked to w/ in an inch of it's life. I think once I return from Germany later this year, it will be time to get it retuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 04:00 PM

PY-Like BullittHead

Great starting point (282/296). Very close to where I am stock (276/296). There were taken at PCM in Raleigh.

Also nice to have the numbers with the Breenspeed tune. This will give you something to compare with following the Custom Tune. I suggest you also get a 87 and/or 91 tune. There are places that do not sell 93 octane so if you are going on a trip load one of the lower rated tune so you will be covered with whatever gas you can get.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 11:33 AM

Garage
Those very good stock numbers, Ford knew what they were doing when they built our Bullitts!!!

Black 2008 Mustang Bullitt, ID# 2029, 1 of 1431, Build Date 02/15/2008.
HID headlights, Shaker 1000 Stereo, Active alarm system, Purchased 03/28/2008.
SHR Louvers, Custom painted engine covers, 3M Venture Shield, 50% LLumar window tint.
Moroso Aluminum tanks/AirOil separator, Carbon fiber DS, Nitto 555 tires 255x45x18".
Barton shifter/twin 62mm TB/Hot Rod Cams/CAI/4.10's & 8.8 Axle Girdle.
Steada UDP's/Racer CMDP's/LCA's/Adjustable 3rd link.
Kook's Headers/H-Pipe, Corsa Extreme mufflers.
BlowByRacing tuned 340rwhp/335rwtq

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-01-2012, 01:53 PM

You Broke the Server!

Dyno day is always a blast

Vortech V-7 YSI ,Kooks LT W/ H pipe, 62 Mil TB, 3.5"Dynotech shaft, Steeda swaybar & end links,SLP exhaust, T56 magnum 6spd trans,Mcleod clutch ,steeda lca BMR uca,FRPP axle girdle , Koni yellows, Moser axles,UMI pan hard bar,SLP line lock, boost gauge, wideband ,BMR relocation brackets,B 302 stroker,SHR louvers,Steeda torque boxs,Prothane motor mounts,CHE torque limiter,Raptor shift light, Baer Decelarotors, Nitto NT05 295/45/18 out back, torq thrust wheels, Comp cams,MRT Custom shift knob,cervini cobra R hood 682 RWHP/577T /2014 GHIG GT lightly modded .. so far
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 12:02 PM

Garage
The noise, smells and anticipation of the numbers makes for a fun day!!!

Black 2008 Mustang Bullitt, ID# 2029, 1 of 1431, Build Date 02/15/2008.
HID headlights, Shaker 1000 Stereo, Active alarm system, Purchased 03/28/2008.
SHR Louvers, Custom painted engine covers, 3M Venture Shield, 50% LLumar window tint.
Moroso Aluminum tanks/AirOil separator, Carbon fiber DS, Nitto 555 tires 255x45x18".
Barton shifter/twin 62mm TB/Hot Rod Cams/CAI/4.10's & 8.8 Axle Girdle.
Steada UDP's/Racer CMDP's/LCA's/Adjustable 3rd link.
Kook's Headers/H-Pipe, Corsa Extreme mufflers.
BlowByRacing tuned 340rwhp/335rwtq
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 08:03 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDW - 852
Great starting point (282/296). Very close to where I am stock (276/296). There were taken at PCM in Raleigh.

Also nice to have the numbers with the Breenspeed tune. This will give you something to compare with following the Custom Tune. I suggest you also get a 87 and/or 91 tune. There are places that do not sell 93 octane so if you are going on a trip load one of the lower rated tune so you will be covered with whatever gas you can get.
Not to mention you may be safer with the 91 tune, even when running 93 octane. Gives a little margin for error if the 93 isn't exactly 93. Not all gasoline dealers / distributors are 100% above board when filling their tanks. Spark knock is NOT a good thing and may actually be a result of this in some form. A custom tune should fix it. Good to have the stock numbers too for comparison.

No Scoops...No Spoilers...No Stripes...oh my!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode