6246 is ready for the LL run - IMBOC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

6246 is ready for the LL run

Well a great day for just crusing to Pierceton. Brent set me up with a nice 87 and a 90 set of tunes for the run in a couple of weeks. He adjusted some fuel settings at start up and above 6k rmp. Finally broke through the 310 barrier which is about all I will expect to get from the NA setup without LT. 311+ and 297+, not too bad. I absolutely felt the extra pull at higher rpms.

Visit the New
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and the New
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 09:53 PM

GONE TO PLAID!

Garage
sweet bill , see ya in yukon

mark...

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 09:57 PM

Excellent Bill!!!!!!! Enjoy the ride... Take good pictures as I will have to live vicariously through you!!!!!!!

Bulldog's Bullitt

2008 HG Bullitt #5551

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Banned

Bill,really Hope You And The Other Fellows Have A Great Saft Trip.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 10:46 PM
Friend of IMBOC

Dang Bob.....I was really hoping you'd be able to run the trip

...actually, I was really hoping you would be running some shine in your trunk for us on the trip!!!!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 01:11 PM
Supporting Member

Bill, I know you've been looking forward to this for a LONG time...may everything go smooth as silk & you have a ball!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 01:58 PM
--- Not a Mod ---

Bill,
See you in a couple days in Chicago!!

Looks like you've got the B all Set!

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Peace of mind getting the new tunes. I think I will follow your lead and just load the 90 right now.

Yes, I will join the gang early Sat morning. Hate to miss the first parking lot gathering but I'll be there bright and early for the rest of this memory.

Visit the New
and the New
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 07:13 PM

Monster BullittHead

Sure wish I was making the trip....I am sure you will all have an awesome trip. Take lots of pics and share with those of us less fortunate to get to make the journey.

MODS: Whipple 400 HP kit.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Pics a plenty are in the plans, just found a camera mount that will install around the head rest bars and snap the view from the front seat. I'll dump the whole set of pics and vids to a disk for anybody. Sorry, no parking lot pics allowed. What happens in the parking lot stays in the parking lot. Well maybe a couple....

Visit the New
and the New
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 10:26 PM

Monster BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabirch
Well a great day for just crusing to Pierceton. Brent set me up with a nice 87 and a 90 set of tunes for the run in a couple of weeks. He adjusted some fuel settings at start up and above 6k rmp. Finally broke through the 310 barrier which is about all I will expect to get from the NA setup without LT. 311+ and 297+, not too bad. I absolutely felt the extra pull at higher rpms.

Good numbers, and sounds like an improved tune for you.
I have a 91 tune and just do Premium all the time.

Enjoy the trip. Sounds like a blast.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 11:46 PM

You Broke the Server!

Have 5623 ready for the trip, new oil change with spare filter to change oil on the way back, will load other tune in a few days. Have camera preflighted and ready for action. Will download and send out every night of trip of the day, and will continue with our trip back through northern Calif., Utah, Colorado,Nebraska, Kansas, Texas, Louisiana and all points in between. Am so geared up for this trip. Found car show in Sacarament that we have already entered. Should get longest distance driven award, you recon.

Visit the New
and the New

Johnny Lightening 93 Octane tune, Detroit Rocker Cams, Shorty Headers, Green air filter, Quarter window louvers, SHR Black taillight bezels, Lower grille inserts, Radiator close out panels, engine dress up kit,and deck lid honeycomb panel. Sequential taillights, Retro 60's parking lights, Black wrinkle cam coversl,MGW shifter, Rear Diffuser, 2013 rear view mirrors

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 08:01 AM

Have a great time everyone. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Bill, great numbers .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode