Stock Dyno numbers for #1011 - IMBOC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Monster BullittHead

Garage
Stock Dyno numbers for #1011

Well I ordered the HR Cams and I will be getting them installed June 11 so I had to get a baseline of what my motor was doing. Happy to say 289 HP and 304 Torque. I don't suspect the CAMS will change it that much since the only mod I have is the KN Filter. But it is the sound I want.

HR Cams/BBK UDP's/UPR LCA's SCT 3 91 Tune 302RWHP/311TQ
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 02:30 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Slap on some charge motion delete plates and you'll feel it even more. Nice to know the baseline.

Visit the New
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and the New
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Supporting Member

The torque curve suggests to me that shifting a 6,000 instead of 6,500 redline would yield the best 1/4 mile ET? Man, that is a very flat & nice torque curve...

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012, 10:26 PM

Mega BullittHead

Just a note to you since I have geared my current build on reading 1000s of articles about modding these 3V motors. The ford racing hotrod cams as stated by ford will give you around 30whp WITH LONGTUBES. Without the longtubes they seem to be quite meager gains from what I have read. Of course im not saying at all that you are not going to see any gains but longtubes should def. be in your future in order the get the MOST out of the HR cams. Its the same story with the FR intake manifold. Its been documented that without the longtubes and HR cams the manifold does little to nothing for you... anyway just throwing that in there.

This is from the ford parts webpage....
"Must be used with long tube headers to achieve a significant power gain."

"Approximately 50 hp gain with the stock intake manifold and M-6049-N3VPA / M-6050-N3VPA CNC heads at 6500 rpm. Approximately 30 hp gain with stock heads. (with long tube headers and M-9603-M463 cold air kit)"

JBA longtubes JBA Midpipe Stock Mufflers STEEDA CMDPs SCT Tuner with Bama tunes. MGW Short throw. Green Racing filter and Frpp hot rod cams.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Monster BullittHead

Garage
Thanks for the comments guys. Long tubes are in the future but will take time funds towards the house and boys are precident. Of course tires are in need of replacement for next season Looking at Nitto 555 from what I have read everywhere it's a good all around tire. Since I am sticking to stock rims I'll be getting 235/50/18 front 255/45/18 rear to give a bit wider contact patch for traction. The car did a best 14.13 at 102.9mph it's the tire spin. I did a slow somewhat take off as traction didn't happen at all without peddling it. The fact that I was told granny shifting doesn't help (just not interested in power shifting the car) I did do a best 13.98 @ 101 with my 2001 Bullitt so I am definitely looking to beat that.

My next question is charge delete plates? I have heard of them but do not know what they do.

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 05:58 PM

Mega BullittHead

The delete plates remove the restriction at the bottom of the intake manifold. I installed some after my longtubes were in for a while and i felt the difference with how freely the motor revved and a small increase in power. The plates took me about 90 mins to install and you do have to tune for them. I used to avg. 21.5 mpg before the plates and now after several months of driving with them I am at 20.7. It could be due to air conditioning being used more lately but im not sure. They are a quick easy mod that make the car drive nicer.

JBA longtubes JBA Midpipe Stock Mufflers STEEDA CMDPs SCT Tuner with Bama tunes. MGW Short throw. Green Racing filter and Frpp hot rod cams.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Supporting Member

Love looking at that flat torque curve. This explains whi I think the Bullitt is so easy to drive. Unless I want to really hustle, I can stay in 5th from 45 mph on up...
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Banned

Mike,i Will Share My Experance Only About Thu Cams.i Already Had The Whipple 400 Hp Kit,with Edelbrock Shorty Headers Before I Had The Detroit Rocker Cams From Brenspeed,installed.a Ford Tune Came With Thu Whipple.
When I Talked To Chandler,he Said With The Cams And His Tune I Could Expect 35-40 Rwhp Gain.he Said It,and Thats What I Got.good Luck My Friend.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Monster BullittHead

Garage
Well after the HR cams and tune and BBK UDP I now have a Bullitt that revs up smoother faster and is more fun to crive. Dyno numbers are now 301.5 RWHP and 309.1 RWTQ

Photo is not great being lazy took it from the web cam. To stay legal OBD2 Testing I will wait to see how others pass the test and hope KooKs and mid pipe will be in the future. For now I will enjoy this set up and the awesome idle.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 05:32 AM

Mega BullittHead

Looks like ford might be right about not getting the HP gains from cams without the long tubes. I need to get mine on a dyno and see what it puts out since I have the cams and long tubes along with the delete plates. If ford is right I should be putting at least 330 to the ground. Where is your tune from ?

If you picked up 5hp or so from the UDPs that means the cams did next to nothing for you but an idle ?

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Monster BullittHead

Garage
I got my work and Dyno done at DaSilva Racing in Pickering Ontario. I do not have delete Plates as they will not pass the OBD 2 emission test. I gained 6 rwhp from the CAMS/tune and 5.5 from the Pullies. Yes the CAMS are primarily for sound. The car does drive completely different now much more responsive due to the tune and UDP no doubt. I have seen an additional 30-40rwhp with the LT and mid pipe, Saving up funds for them and waiting to see if there are any issues with the new OBD 2 testing starting next year. In the mean time I'll enjoy this set up and do some testing at the track hopefully.

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 12:41 PM

BullittHead

My stock Bullitt 6231 got dyno'd last night. 283 HP and 303 ft.lbs. at the rear wheels. Very flat torque curve. Price Cobb (1990 LeMans Winner in a Prototype Jag) at Kely Moss ran the dyno on the Bullitt. We were all impressed how the torque curved jumped right up to the top and flattened out. On the last pull, Price only ran it up to 5300 RPM to get the 283 HP. Unbelievable. Price feels that Ford understated the HP and says it is more like 350 HP with 350 ft.lbs. at the flywheel. Yes - it sounded loud and great too. -- Rusty Spark Plugs
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 12:42 PM

BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Spark Plugs
My stock Bullitt 6231 got dyno'd last night. 283 HP and 303 ft.lbs. at the rear wheels. Very flat torque curve. Price Cobb (1990 LeMans Winner in a Prototype Jag) at Kely Moss ran the dyno on the Bullitt. We were all impressed how the torque curved jumped right up to the top and flattened out. On the last pull, Price only ran it up to 5300 RPM to get the 283 HP. Unbelievable. Price feels that Ford understated the HP and says it is more like 350 HP with 350 ft.lbs. at the flywheel. Yes - it sounded loud and great too. -- Rusty Spark Plugs
Correction: 325 HP and 350 ft.lbs.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 12:48 PM

BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Spark Plugs
Correction: 325 HP and 350 ft.lbs.
Ok - one more time: Mustang Dyno; burning 93 Octane. Rusty Spark Plugs.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Monster BullittHead

Garage
Yup I would agree my stock dyno add 15% for loss and it's about 330hp at engine. Ford always seems to understate HP. Recently had new whee/tires put on going next week for my new rotors/pads. Not sure if LT/mid pipe will ever happen as the power and more importantly to me sound is there for me. Louvers would be nice just can't decide there are so many and most look really good.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode