Dyno results for 6010 - Page 2 - IMBOC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 02:48 AM
Banned

Ive Noticed, Or I Think , Sense I Put Thu Borlas On,less Folks Pick Onme.

Reckon Them Big 4 In. Tips,with Thu Sound Makes Em Think About It ?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

So, Ken, does the 2007-up GT500 have forged internals? Why not one of those if the blower is already on? I admit, even with the 4.10 and 488 hp, not enough power. I'm like a heroin addict that cannot get enough of the "good stuff". If I go anywhere, it will be serious to 600+ at the wheels.

Former owner of 6010.
2011 Mustang GT
Mods: JBA ss ceramic coated 1 7/8 headers with HF cats and stock axlebacks. Roush 2300 TVS supercharger with upgraded fuel delivery (47lb injectors, boost-a-pump, H0 plugs). Dyno'd 591 RWHP(w/stock exhaust). Boss oil cooler. Exedy 500 clutch w/billit steel flywheel. Whiteline rear LCAs, Tokico D-spec adjustable shocks/struts, BMR watts link and relocation brackets. Ford Racing "P" springs. DS shop carbon fiber driveshaft.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnixon
Ive Noticed, Or I Think , Sense I Put Thu Borlas On,less Folks Pick Onme.

Reckon Them Big 4 In. Tips,with Thu Sound Makes Em Think About It ?????
Bob, I think it's the metal device under your coat that makes 'em scared...

Former owner of 6010.
2011 Mustang GT
Mods: JBA ss ceramic coated 1 7/8 headers with HF cats and stock axlebacks. Roush 2300 TVS supercharger with upgraded fuel delivery (47lb injectors, boost-a-pump, H0 plugs). Dyno'd 591 RWHP(w/stock exhaust). Boss oil cooler. Exedy 500 clutch w/billit steel flywheel. Whiteline rear LCAs, Tokico D-spec adjustable shocks/struts, BMR watts link and relocation brackets. Ford Racing "P" springs. DS shop carbon fiber driveshaft.

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 11:53 AM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonbullitt
So, Ken, does the 2007-up GT500 have forged internals? Why not one of those if the blower is already on? I admit, even with the 4.10 and 488 hp, not enough power. I'm like a heroin addict that cannot get enough of the "good stuff". If I go anywhere, it will be serious to 600+ at the wheels.
Bob, I would think that since the GT500 comes with a blower from the factory that the internals would be beefed up a bit. The Boss internals were beefed up for the higher revs.

2012 GT Premium/Yellow Blaze-Black Int./401A Premier Trim/Brembo Package/3.73 Axle
Mods: FRPP Power Pack (428 HP/397 ft-lbs, K&N Filter, GT500 Mufflers), FRPP short throw shifter, FRPP Performance Info Center gauge in Roush vent pod, Boss 302S grille, Boss 302 flat black body trim with fog lamps, custom lower grille, black fender badges, black decklid panel with tri-bar pony, flat black mirror caps and tail light trim, FRPP Boss 302S 19x9 and 19x10 wheels, Boss 302 brake lines, FRPP aluminum axle cover.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 08:26 PM

Mega BullittHead

Yes the GT500 motor is beefed up piston-Forged aluminum Crankshaft-Forged steel Connecting rods-Forged steel I-beam

post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-22-2013, 08:05 PM

BullittHead

Impressive numbers....Once I get the Chassis Sorted, then I will work on the power output...Good to see someone having great results with the Vortech...

Did You have any problems with the install?

Ken
08' HG #1551

My Road Course Toy
BAMA Tune, Pypes OR X-pipe, Stock Mufflers, Tokico D-Specs, Motorsport K-Springs, Eibach Pro Alignment Adjustable Rear Control Arms, J&M Camber Plates, J&M Adjustable Aluminum Panhard Bar, Whiteline LCA Relocation Brackets, Whiteline adjustable front Swaybar, Stillen Adjustable rear Swaybar, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, 19" Brembo Wheels, EBC Yellows.

Savannah, GA
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-22-2013, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicker10u View Post
Impressive numbers....Once I get the Chassis Sorted, then I will work on the power output...Good to see someone having great results with the Vortech...

Did You have any problems with the install?
Ken, my only experience with superchargers are with my Vortech. I installed it myself and took my time. Took me a 3-4 days after work and all day Saturday. Actually the install is very straightforward. I have had it on for about 12,000 miles with zero issues.

If you are looking at a kit, I do recommend Brenspeed. I bought the kit used on EBAY, but almost new. Then I bought the tune from Brenspeed. Ran perfect from the get-go. But, of course, I didn't trust myself and drove the 700 miles to Brenspeed. Brent did the dyno tune with basically no real difference!!

With my 4.10 gears I get 23 mph at 62 with the 91 octane and 21 or so on I-75 at 78mph. Cannot complain at all. Really kicks in at 3K. No, you don't get the instant torque like the twin screw or the whipple. I will say that "so what?" when I nail it, with my 285s, relocation brackets to bite, I spin these meats in 1st, 2nd and 3rd once the rpms hit 3-4K. Since a launch at the strip is in the 4K area slipping the clutch a bit, you will be in the power.

According to my dyno tune, I hit 300rwtq at 2750 rpm. So, that is more torque than stock at 4-5K. Hits 400rwtq at 4,200 rpm and stays above 400 until redline. Hp is a steady climb and would blow the motor apart without the rev limiter as the HP just keeps going up as rpms go up. Really feel the car pull hard over that 3K mark. Very driveable.

Former owner of 6010.
2011 Mustang GT
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-22-2013, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Ken, BTW, I have a 3.48 pulley.
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-22-2013, 10:25 PM
Banned

Bob, ye gota mighty fine bullitt there, i likeit uh lot.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, Bob. Can't wait till spring. Over 110 inches of snow have fallen already this season. The bullitt waits like a tiger crouched. Only problem is the crouch will have to wait 4 more months!

Former owner of 6010.
2011 Mustang GT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode