Dyno results for 6010 - IMBOC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Dyno results for 6010

Got back from Brenspeed on Sunday. Here are my results. Hope to put a picture of the sheet up when I get a chance. Most of the pulls were consistent. The lowest 479 whp:

488 RWHP
429 RWTQ
(how much would that be at the motor?)

On the way home at 78 mph got 23 mpg. 25 at 62 in the upper peninsula.

That is with a Vortech intercooled SC with CMDP, Pypes headers, high flow cats and a slightly smaller pulley than the stock kit: 3.48 vs 3.60. Brent tells me I'm pretty close to the max for the engine. His email tune was almost spot on, just a few tweaks on the dyno. Also had my high flow cats welded on and a wide band bung put in.

Now the Borlas have to go. After 10 hours in the "rumble machine", can't take it. Love the sound, but too LOUD.

BTW, first time at Brenspeed. Quite a remarkable place. Nice folks. LOTs of MUSTANGS!

Former owner of 6010.
2011 Mustang GT
Mods: JBA ss ceramic coated 1 7/8 headers with HF cats and stock axlebacks. Roush 2300 TVS supercharger with upgraded fuel delivery (47lb injectors, boost-a-pump, H0 plugs). Dyno'd 591 RWHP(w/stock exhaust). Boss oil cooler. Exedy 500 clutch w/billit steel flywheel. Whiteline rear LCAs, Tokico D-spec adjustable shocks/struts, BMR watts link and relocation brackets. Ford Racing "P" springs. DS shop carbon fiber driveshaft.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 05:44 PM

Garage
General rule of thumb is that there is a 12% - 15% loss through the drivetrain. Using that estimation, your crank numbers would be a THEORETICAL ESTIMATED 554-574 horsepower, 487-504 torque.

I bet that car's a handful to drive! Nice job.

08 Bullitt 5389 13 FIAT 500 Abarth 00 Roush Cougar 03 SVT Focus 2370
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 07:36 PM

Great numbers, glad you enjoyed the trip.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Andy and Bill. It is fun to drive.

Former owner of 6010.
2011 Mustang GT
Mods: JBA ss ceramic coated 1 7/8 headers with HF cats and stock axlebacks. Roush 2300 TVS supercharger with upgraded fuel delivery (47lb injectors, boost-a-pump, H0 plugs). Dyno'd 591 RWHP(w/stock exhaust). Boss oil cooler. Exedy 500 clutch w/billit steel flywheel. Whiteline rear LCAs, Tokico D-spec adjustable shocks/struts, BMR watts link and relocation brackets. Ford Racing "P" springs. DS shop carbon fiber driveshaft.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 09:45 PM
Banned

GREAT NUMBERS BOB,CONGRATS,IM LITTLE SHORT ON YOUR NUMBERS,BUT I LOVEIT WHEN THEY WANT TO TAKE 5224 ON. HOW SWEET IT IS.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonbullitt
Got back from Brenspeed on Sunday. Here are my results. Hope to put a picture of the sheet up when I get a chance. Most of the pulls were consistent. The lowest 479 whp:

488 RWHP
429 RWTQ
(how much would that be at the motor?)

On the way home at 78 mph got 23 mpg. 25 at 62 in the upper peninsula.

That is with a Vortech intercooled SC with CMDP, Pypes headers, high flow cats and a slightly smaller pulley than the stock kit: 3.48 vs 3.60. Brent tells me I'm pretty close to the max for the engine. His email tune was almost spot on, just a few tweaks on the dyno. Also had my high flow cats welded on and a wide band bung put in.

Now the Borlas have to go. After 10 hours in the "rumble machine", can't take it. Love the sound, but too LOUD.

BTW, first time at Brenspeed. Quite a remarkable place. Nice folks. LOTs of MUSTANGS!
Wow, impressive.... So which Borla's are you running/taking off? Selling?

Rodney, 5386. Mods: Brembo front brakes, Raxiom rear LED lights, Raxiom infotainment center, AM AMR wheels, Tokico D-Specs, Eibach sways, Detroit Torsen true track diff, Vogtland/Ford FRPP springs, CS front bumper, AutoMeter gauge pod, VDO gauges and some other stuff...

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 01:31 AM

Smile

Hello Bob,

Brenspeed is a fun place to go for sure.

Nice numbers on your Bullitt for H/P and Torque.

I would imagine your Bullitt runs very Strong !!!

What Borla System or rear Mufflers are you now going to pull off ?

I have had the Magnapacks and now run the Borla (Touring) which seem to work very well.

Nice Deep Sound with No-Noticeable Drone at all.

Assuming you don't LUG the engine that is.

tigerhonaker

Brenspeed Talks about a Long Term 1,000 at the Crank H/P Project and Dream Car.

Click on Video Link below to see it on the DYNO
with
it making a Full Blown, Wide-Open, Drive-By.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-brenspeed-talks-about-long-term-projects-and-dream-cars/

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, guys. I'm taking the Borla Touring axle backs off. Have about 3K miles on them. I am not sure I will sell them yet. I bought a used set of '08 GT oems with the chrome rolled tips off Ebay. I will compare them. Maybe it's just the headers, high flow cats and the aluminum ds that is causing the loudness at 60+ speeds. I LOVE the borlas, especially if getting on it. Awesome. Just a bit too loud when trying to listen to a book on tape or talking on the blue tooth. Got a bad headache after 8 hours! It's the exhaust. When I put the clutch in the loudness stops. Going up hills in 5th is nasty. Not a real drone like some other exhausts I've owned though, just louder.

Former owner of 6010.
2011 Mustang GT
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Thanks, guys. I'm taking the Borla Touring axle backs off. Have about 3K miles on them. I am not sure I will sell them yet. I bought a used set of '08 GT oems with the chrome rolled tips off Ebay. I will compare them. Maybe it's just the headers, high flow cats and the aluminum ds that is causing the loudness at 60+ speeds. I LOVE the borlas, especially if getting on it. Awesome. Just a bit too loud when trying to listen to a book on tape or talking on the blue tooth. Got a bad headache after 8 hours! It's the exhaust. When I put the clutch in the loudness stops. Going up hills in 5th is nasty. Not a real drone like some other exhausts I've owned though, just louder.
Hi Bob,

I'm actually (Surprised) that the Borla Touring is that LOUD.

But I suppose it could be if one was use to (Only) hearing the (Complete Stock Exhaust).

I know when I rode and drove Steve's Bullitt with all new Stock Exhaust it was amazingly Quiet.

Especially compared to mine and I thought mine was actually pretty darn civil after getting rid of the "Magnapack" system.

The Borla "Touring" in comparison just seems to me to be really very easy to live with.

But ..........

If I think about it in comparison to the Stock Exhaust mine I think to others would be maybe Semi-Loud.

I think the Bullitt with stock exhaust is just really-really quiet.

That being said I think I can see your new exhaust would be LOUD to you.

Especially talking on a cell (Blue-tooth) or listening to a book over the audio system.

I don't think one would want to do any of that with mine.

I can listen to my Shaker 1000 though with my exhaust with it not being cranked way up.

I can set the cruise at say 70-75 MPH and turn on the Satellite XM and sit back and cruise.

Bob,

I think what you have now found out is that when changing/modifying the Sound-Level definitely increases.

Is it necessary for Power,No !!!

But in the Majority of cases it will be a result of increasing the Power.

You could change back to the Stock Exhaust as it is good easily to 500 H/P.

tigerhonaker

with

http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-brenspeed-talks-about-long-term-projects-and-dream-cars/

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
When you get ready to sell the Borlas, let me know....

Rodney, 5386. Mods: Brembo front brakes, Raxiom rear LED lights, Raxiom infotainment center, AM AMR wheels, Tokico D-Specs, Eibach sways, Detroit Torsen true track diff, Vogtland/Ford FRPP springs, CS front bumper, AutoMeter gauge pod, VDO gauges and some other stuff...

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Well, Rodney, I'm not sure yet. When/if I sell them I will let you know. Thanks for asking. Terry, I'm up and down about my Bullitt. One minute I want to put a forged bottom end, 15 PSI blown system in, the next I want to sell it and pick up a used gt500. The only problem is that I would have to put 6K into the gt500 to get the add'l hp, handling I want.

Former owner of 6010.
2011 Mustang GT
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Well, Rodney, I'm not sure yet. When/if I sell them I will let you know. Thanks for asking. Terry, I'm up and down about my Bullitt. One minute I want to put a forged bottom end, 15 PSI blown system in, the next I want to sell it and pick up a used gt500. The only problem is that I would have to put 6K into the gt500 to get the add'l hp, handling I want.
Bob,

Quote:
Terry, I'm up and down about my Bullitt.
Quote:
One minute I want to put a forged bottom end, 15 PSI blown system in,
the next I want to sell it and pick up a used GT500.
The only problem is that I would have to put 6K into the GT500 to get the add'l hp, handling I want.
It does make one crazy as there really is no easy solution sometimes to which way to go.

(I know because I am presently there myself).

I have in the past looked at the GT-500 and it is an awesome Mustang for sure.

Now keep in mind these next comments are just me openly voicing what I think.

I have never went with the GT-500 and there are actually several reasons.

The one thing that I suppose has always held me back is it to me it is just another Fast-Car.

Heck there are so many really cool cars out there in the market place to choose from these days.

Plus and keep in mind this is just me.

I made my Bullitt Mustang what I want in it not Ford or any other Manufacturer.

They have their thoughts usually held back by (Profit) margins.
(Not lack of knowledge)

In my case I can just change and continue to modify mine to my hearts content.

Granted it will [NEVER-EVER] be worth to anyone else the $$$$$$$$$ I have spent on it over the years.

But you know what I don't really care at my age as I want it to be what I choose.

Good-Luck on your decision with the GT-500 or simply Modifying your existing Bullitt Mustang.

There is really IMO no wrong decision it is simply a matter of what does one want.

tigerhonaker

with

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, Terry. Great comments. I think if I spent 35K on a gt500, then another (at least) 6K on mods (they really don't handle much better than our Bullitts stock for stock) and another 6% of 35K in Mi sales tax, then sell my Bullitt for a max of 20K ( mods are frowned upon on a used Bullitt) That leaves me more than 23K in mods I can make (forged bottom end, diff gears, diff blower, etc) Plus it still wouldn't be my favorite color, GREEN!!!! (or the infamous Bullitt)

Former owner of 6010.
2011 Mustang GT
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Thanks, Terry. Great comments. I think if I spent 35K on a gt500, then another (at least) 6K on mods (they really don't handle much better than our Bullitts stock for stock) and another 6% of 35K in Mi sales tax, then sell my Bullitt for a max of 20K ( mods are frowned upon on a used Bullitt) That leaves me more than 23K in mods I can make (forged bottom end, diff gears, diff blower, etc) Plus it still wouldn't be my favorite color, GREEN!!!! (or the infamous Bullitt)
You could do the newer B326 engine Brenspeed has now.
It will let one go way-way up in H/P & TRQ.

You know I think when we might consider (Stopping) in the Power-Dept. is when our Mustang actually {Scares-the-Crap out of us).

Mine is somewhat like that but ........

I think seriously if it had like maybe 650 RWHP & 600 Plus RWTRQ that would put mine there.

But that takes changes and very-large sums of Cash.

Also I don't want a Mustang that is (Unreliable) to drive on the street.
Drag-Strips are fun for sure but mine is not really primarily for that purpose.
It is more really a Multi-Purpose Mustang.
Drive it as you please and also if one likes drop by a Drag-Strip and make a few passes with it.

I think I have reached a point in my Life that I am no longer into just Trading/Changing and Chasing the next New Machine on the market.

The New 2014 Vette is to me an excellent case for the new technology and certainly Fast machine.

But .........

Once the new wears off and you drive down the road/interstate and meet others then guess what ???

You have a New Car just like everyone else that can afford a New 2014 Vette.

The more I think it over I just think I will stick with my Mustang which started out to be a 08 Bullitt Mustang from Ford.

It has Far-Far Surpassed that point to me and IMHO there is even more room for my {Personal-Touch}.

A car or vehicle to me a Gear-Head is all about personal dreams/desires and a never-ending push for personal perfection in that individual ride.

I don't intend on ever being done with the "tigermachine" as there just has to always be something I could do to make it better.

In conversation between us I'll also share a thought with you.
I am now 68 yrs. old and IMO time is not on my side at this point.
So if I have the necessary funds $$$$$ it is more than likely that I will continue changing/modifying my Mustang.

I'm going to Enjoy this Mustang all I can as Long as I Can.

Terry aka "tigerhonaker"

with

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 05:58 PM

Maybe you could pick up a GHIG Boss and slap a S/C on it. The Boss engine has forged internals, and the handling is taken care of.

2012 GT Premium/Yellow Blaze-Black Int./401A Premier Trim/Brembo Package/3.73 Axle
Mods: FRPP Power Pack (428 HP/397 ft-lbs, K&N Filter, GT500 Mufflers), FRPP short throw shifter, FRPP Performance Info Center gauge in Roush vent pod, Boss 302S grille, Boss 302 flat black body trim with fog lamps, custom lower grille, black fender badges, black decklid panel with tri-bar pony, flat black mirror caps and tail light trim, FRPP Boss 302S 19x9 and 19x10 wheels, Boss 302 brake lines, FRPP aluminum axle cover.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode