Air/Fuel ratio ? - IMBOC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

BullittHead

Air/Fuel ratio ?

I just had an Edelbrock S/C installed and was tuned with the tuner that came with the kit. The air fuel ratio is between 12.3 and 13.5 and peaks at 15 at 6000 rpm. The tech that did the Dyno said that these numbers were too high (too Lean) and may cause some damage to the engine. He suggested I call Edelbrock. I did and they said those numbers are OK. I don't know who to believe. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 10:55 AM
Car Whisperer

14.7 is ideal but under a load, usually 12's and 13's are what you want. 15 is a bit lean at WOT at 6k but I would not think it would do anything. At least that is my understanding. I am no tuner.

1996 SVT Cobra
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 11:12 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Watching...

Former owner of 6010.
2011 Mustang GT
Mods: JBA ss ceramic coated 1 7/8 headers with HF cats and stock axlebacks. Roush 2300 TVS supercharger with upgraded fuel delivery (47lb injectors, boost-a-pump, H0 plugs). Dyno'd 591 RWHP(w/stock exhaust). Boss oil cooler. Exedy 500 clutch w/billit steel flywheel. Whiteline rear LCAs, Tokico D-spec adjustable shocks/struts, BMR watts link and relocation brackets. Ford Racing "P" springs. DS shop carbon fiber driveshaft.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 01:32 PM

Get it in writing maybe? I agree with Tim, 12/13 is all I see on my tune results.

Visit the New
and the New
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

BullittHead

thanks Guys. I would like to hear if possible from some tuners or tech's also
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Car Whisperer

should be plenty of shops in the area you can call and see what they have to offer in the way of verifying what you have been told.

1996 SVT Cobra

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 08:23 PM
Quest for single digits

Those numbers are insanely high for a boosted motor and WILL detonate. The absolute highest I've ever run was 12.0 which I later backed off to 11.7 I'd rather give up 20 hp than spit a head gasket or grenade a piston.

Visit the New
and the New

WHEELS WAY UP
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 10:44 PM

Garage
You need more fuel, that is to much air. Find a local dyno shop to get those numbers lowed.

Black 2008 Mustang Bullitt, ID# 2029, 1 of 1431, Build Date 02/15/2008.
HID headlights, Shaker 1000 Stereo, Active alarm system, Purchased 03/28/2008.
SHR Louvers, Custom painted engine covers, 3M Venture Shield, 50% LLumar window tint.
Moroso Aluminum tanks/AirOil separator, Carbon fiber DS, Michelin Super Sport 235x50x18".
Barton shifter/twin 62mm TB/Hot Rod Cams/CAI/4.10's & 8.8 Axle Girdle.
Steada UDP's/Racer CMDP's/LCA's/Adjustable 3rd link.
Kook's Headers/H-Pipe, Borla Touring "11752".
BlowByRacing tuned 340rwhp/335rwtq
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 02:23 PM
Car Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylan1521 View Post
Those numbers are insanely high for a boosted motor and WILL detonate. The absolute highest I've ever run was 12.0 which I later backed off to 11.7 I'd rather give up 20 hp than spit a head gasket or grenade a piston.
Paul would know for sure. I was going by n/a numbers, boosted....have no experience with...

1996 SVT Cobra

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 02:22 AM

Mega BullittHead

With the Brenspeed 91 octane Vortech tune...at cruise Hwy or surface streets my A/F(Auto Meter) is at 14.6 to 15.3...In between shifts 13.8... Under Heavy load and WOT between 11 to 12. Drive-ability feels like stock. Video at 75 MPH cruisehttp://s65.photobucket.com/user/dnym...11928.mp4.html
Picture of gauge at idle

2008 Bullitt 0073,Eibach Sportlines, Ford Racing shocks/struts. Steeda strut mounts with Eibach camber bolts, adjustable panhard bar,SCT tune,Brenspeed NA Detroit Rocker cams,Kooks Long-tube headers with catted x-pipe, Borla Touring AB, Vortech V3 air to air intercooled. BMR Relocation brackets. Ford Racing front control arms. Whiteline rear lowers, Roush short throw, Whiteline bump-steer kit. Steeda UCA. SR Adjustable sway bar links, AM Saleen style 5 spokes. Ford Racing sway bars.

Last edited by Bullitt#73; 02-11-2014 at 02:27 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode