LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 02:45 AM
Supporting Member

And here in Oregon...still waiting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 01:54 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

had the drivers side airbag replaced a few weeks ago. Took them about 30 minutes to knock this out. Funny part is, I had contacted another dealership about the replacement and they quoted 4 hours. Glad I didn't go there...

I also asked about the passenger side replacement. They offered no time line on that one. Seems Takata is asking for help in paying for the replacement bags from the manufacturers or face bankruptcy...

Rodney, 5386. Mods: Brembo front brakes, Raxiom rear LED lights, Raxiom infotainment center, AM AMR wheels, Tokico D-Specs, Eibach sways, Detroit Torsen true track diff, Vogtland/Ford FRPP springs, CS front bumper, AutoMeter gauge pod, VDO gauges and some other stuff...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 03:39 PM

Garage
The service department told me the part would arrive within "1 to 10 days", and they would contact me to set up a time to perform the procedure, which would take about one hour.

It's now been 10 business days, and no follow-up...

08 Bullitt 5389 • 13 FIAT 500 Abarth00 Roush Cougar

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 03:53 PM

Mega BullittHead

Had mine done yesterday ..took about 45 minutes..dealership also did a courtesy inspection..rear brakes 4mm
and front brakes 6mm not bad for 38000 miles
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 07:18 PM

Garage
"Truckload Of Airbag Parts Explodes En Route To Takata Plant, Killing Woman Inside Her Home"

August 29, 2016

A woman was killed in her home by an explosion Monday morning involving a truckload of airbag detonation triggers which was on its way to a Takata automotive parts plant, according to multiple reports.

According to Conexion Del Rio, 69 year-old Lucila Robles was killed in her home following by the explosion of a truckload of airbag detonators that crashed in front of the house.

From the report:

According to authorities the woman, who lived alone at her home located on U.S. Highway 277, near the intersection with FM 1666, was alone Monday morning, when the truck came off the road, caught on fire and exploded just in front of the structure.

The truck, hauling a flatbed trailer loaded with airbag cartridges, was traveling from Del Rio to the Takata plant in Eagle Pass, Texas. The driver of the truck, identified as Mario Alberto Rodriguez, 20-years-of-age, was injured along with a passenger. They were able to flee the truck before the blast.

An older couple, traveling in a Toyota SUV, was also injured during the explosion. All four injured victims were transported to a hospital in Eagle Pass, and later airlifted to San Antonio.

The woman was initially reported missing, but the two-day search for her ended when dental pieces found at the scene of the explosion were discovered to be Roberts.

Takata, the company now infamous for an airbag defect cover-up that led to the deaths of 13 confirmed people, the injuries of hundreds more and one of the largest recalls in history involving nearly 100 million vehicles, operates a plant in Eagle Pass, Texas which is where the truck involved in the explosion was reportedly headed.

Pieces of the exploded truck were reportedly found up to a mile from the blast location, and ten surrounding homes were damaged. The highway was closed for 30 hours to repair the crater damage.

The Texas Department of Safety is investigating the cause of the explosion, and according to News4SA.com, officials confirmed it wasn’t caused by a collision.

Jalopnik has reached out to Takata to confirm that the airbag parts loaded on truck were the company’s supplies, and will update this post with more information as we have it.

Update: Here’s the statement from a Takata spokesperson:

“A truck carrying airbag inflators and propellant that was being operated by a subcontractor to Takata was involved in an accident. According to preliminary reports, the accident caused a fire, which led to an explosion. Takata immediately deployed personnel to the site and has been working closely with the subcontractor and the appropriate authorities to investigate this incident. Takata has strict safety procedures relating to the transportation of its products that meet or exceed all regulatory requirements. Our thoughts are with the family of the woman who died as a result of this accident, and with the four people injured, who were immediately transported to San Antonio for medical treatment.”

Truck transporting Takata airbags materials explodes: one dead, four injured - Autoblog

08 HG 2498
08 HG 2751 VNP
08 HG 5486 STB
08 HG 1PP06

post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 08:41 AM

Garage
Well, they finally contacted me on the 10th business day, and I'm taking it in on Thursday afternoon. Will see what I can find out about the passenger's side recall when I'm there.

08 Bullitt 5389 • 13 FIAT 500 Abarth00 Roush Cougar

post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 03:27 PM

Garage
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/takat...-airbag-scheme

Department of Justice
Office of Public Affairs
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, January 13, 2017
Takata Corporation Agrees to Plead Guilty and Pay $1 Billion in Criminal Penalties for Airbag Scheme

Three Takata Executives Charged with Wire Fraud and Conspiracy

Tokyo-based Takata Corporation, one of the world’s largest suppliers of automotive safety-related equipment, agreed to plead guilty to wire fraud and pay a total of $1 billion in criminal penalties stemming from the company’s fraudulent conduct in relation to sales of defective airbag inflators. An indictment was also unsealed charging three Takata executives with wire fraud and conspiracy in relation to the same conduct.

U.S. Attorney Barbara McQuade of the Eastern District of Michigan, Chief Andrew Weissmann of the Fraud Section of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division, Special Agent in Charge David P. Gelios of the FBI’s Detroit Field Office and Inspector General Calvin L. Scovel III of the U.S. Department of Transportation Office of Inspector General made the announcement.

“Automotive suppliers who sell products that are supposed to protect consumers from injury or death must put safety ahead of profits,” said U.S. Attorney McQuade. “If they choose instead to engage in fraud, we will hold accountable the individuals and business entities who are responsible.”

“For more than a decade, Takata repeatedly and systematically falsified critical test data related to the safety of its products, putting profits and production schedules ahead of safety,” said Fraud Section Chief Weissmann. “This announcement is the latest in the automotive industry enforcement actions the Fraud Section has taken to protect U.S. consumers against fraud.”

“Today’s criminal charges of the Takata Corporation and three of its employees should be a reminder to other corporations and their employees that if they commit fraud, the FBI and its law enforcement partners will ensure they are held accountable for their actions,” said Special Agent in Charge Gelios. “Whether it is the manipulation of test results which impact customer safety, defective product development or any other type of fraud, we will continue to aggressively investigate corporate fraud allegations to protect consumers in the United States and elsewhere.”

“I offer my deepest sympathies to the families and friends of those who died and to those who were injured as a result of the Takata Corporation’s failure to fulfill its obligation to ensure the safety of its airbag systems,” said Inspector General Scovel. “Because safety is and will remain the highest priority for my office, we will continue to work tirelessly with our law enforcement and prosecutorial partners in pursuing those who commit criminal violations of transportation-related laws and regulations. Along with similar settlements with General Motors in September 2015 and Toyota in March 2014, today’s agreement makes clear to all auto manufacturers and parts suppliers their duty in keeping the public safe.”

According to the company’s admissions, in the late 1990s, Takata began developing airbag inflators that relied upon ammonium nitrate as their primary propellant. From at least in or around 2000, Takata knew that certain ammonium nitrate-based inflators were not performing to the specifications required by the auto manufacturers. Takata also knew that certain inflators had sustained failures, including ruptures, during testing. Nevertheless, Takata induced its customers to purchase these airbag systems by submitting false and fraudulent reports and other information that concealed the true condition of the inflators. This fraudulent data made the performance of the company’s airbag inflators appear better than it actually was, including by omitting that, in some instances, inflators ruptured during testing. Takata employees – including a number of key executives – routinely discussed the falsification of test reports being provided to Takata’s customers in email and in verbal communications. Even after the inflators began to experience repeated problems in the field – including ruptures causing injuries and deaths – Takata executives continued to withhold the true and accurate inflator test information and data from their customers.

addition, Takata took no disciplinary actions against those involved in the falsification of test data until 2015, despite the fact that senior executives had been made aware of the fraudulent conduct years earlier.

Takata has agreed to plead guilty to a one-count criminal information filed today in the Eastern District of Michigan and assigned to U.S. District Judge George Caram Steeh, charging the company with one count of wire fraud. Under the terms of the agreement, Takata will pay a total criminal penalty of $1 billion, including $975 million in restitution and a $25 million fine. Two restitution funds will be established: a $125 million fund for individuals who have been physically injured by Takata’s airbags and who have not already reached a settlement with the company, and a $850 million fund for airbag recall and replacement costs incurred by auto manufacturers who were victims of Takata’s fraud scheme. A court-appointed special master will oversee administration of the restitution funds. Takata has also agreed to implement rigorous internal controls, retain a compliance monitor for a term of three years and cooperate fully with the department’s ongoing investigation, including its investigation of individuals.

The three Takata executives – Shinichi Tanaka, 59; Hideo Nakajima, 65; and Tsuneo Chikaraishi, 61, all Japanese citizens – were each charged in an indictment filed on Dec. 7, 2016, in the Eastern District of Michigan with one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud and five counts of wire fraud for their alleged conduct in connection with the above-described fraud scheme.

The department reached this resolution based on a number of factors, including Takata’s extensive cooperation with the government’s investigation. However, the company did not receive more significant mitigation credit, either in the penalty or the form of resolution, because of the nature of the conduct to which the company is pleading guilty, including the approximate 15-year duration of the fraud, the pervasiveness of the scheme into the executive level of management and the potential risk the fraud posed to drivers and passengers.

An indictment is merely an allegation and all defendants are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.

The FBI and the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Office of Inspector General investigated the case. Assistant Chief Robert Zink and Trial Attorneys Brian K. Kidd, Christopher D. Jackson and Andrew R. Tyler of the Criminal Division’s Fraud Section and Assistant U.S. Attorneys John K. Neal, Erin S. Shaw and Andrew J. Yahkind of the Eastern District of Michigan are prosecuting the case. The Criminal Division’s Office of International Affairs also provided assistance.

Court Documents:

Takata Information

Takata Plea Agreement

Tanaka et al Indictment
17-060
Criminal Division
Criminal Fraud
USAO - Michigan, Eastern
Topic:
Consumer Protection
Financial Fraud
Updated January 13, 2017

08 HG 2498
08 HG 2751 VNP
08 HG 5486 STB
08 HG 1PP06

post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 11:18 AM

Super BullittHead

I called two local Ford dealer service departments located by my house after I finally got my Ford parts availability notice in the mail. They didn't even return my calls after 2-3 business days. I stopped by another dealer by my work, Kearney Pearson Ford on my lunch hour, with my notice. They were polite, ordered the part in front of me and got me in for the work within five business days as promised. I had my Bullitt back with an awesome free wash, wax and vacuum before noon. What dealer do you think I will be doing business with from now on?

P.S. wish I knew what kind of wax they used - car looked better than ever!!
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 10:29 AM
Supporting Member

Have both notices (15S21/driver & 17S01/passenger), but dealer only has driver-side in stock. Waiting for both to arrive so I can schedule one service vs. double trips...and spring too b/c #6005 is still hibernating.

- 1970 302 Boss ( deceased
), - 1969 Mach-1 (Sold
), -1982 Ghia ( Sold
) +2009 DHG Bullitt #6005 (
) USAF, Retired (MSgt)

Tags
15s21, 15v-319, recall

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode