Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Catted X Pipe install

790 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Troyboy14 
#1 ·
Alrighty guys I'm lookin to throw on an exhaust and I need a little help. I'm looking to get the slp loudmouth catback but I also want to get a catted X pipe with it. Now whenever I take off the old h pipe do the cats also come off with it? Or will I have to weld them back into the new X pipe? Just a little confused because I need the cats to be on the car to be able to pass inspection/emissions. Or will the catted X replace all of that?

#5 ·
That's what I have been wanting to get but I went to irder them a while ago and a guy said that they aren't worth it because they'll get the cops attention too much.. But man I can't get over the sound of them! They sound amazing from the vids I've seen. They'll be worth the risk haha

#6 ·
And they sound better in person! I have the SLP loudmouth, passed many cops with no issues, and a friend of mine put the SLP loudmouth II on his 04 GT. It was a little too loud for his and my taste, so he took it off and put the SLP loudmouth on it and is more than happy. Just my opinion. I'd say see if someone around you has one you can hear in person.

#8 ·
I had the guy I bought mine from get it inspected before I bought it last year and it passed in NC so shouldn't be a problem. If you were getting the loudmouth II you might have an issue, doubtful but maybe. But with the loudmouth the authorities don't even look twice, unless they know what a Bullitt is ;)

#11 ·
Yeah i was looking at getting the pypes X-box catted X but I figured it wouldn't make it quite as loud as a bbk catted X or the slp with the high flow cats.. So those are the two I've narrowed it down to. Will the high flow cats impact the sound as much? Judging from the vids it seems that a bbk catted X sounds a little better than a slp with the High flows

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.