Modern Bullitt Charger build - IMBOC
 95Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 605 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Monster BullittHead

Modern Bullitt Charger build

I started the restoration of my 1968 Dodge Charger with a plan to build a modern Bullitt. The outside of the car will look like the movie car with exception to the wheels, tires and a lower stances.
Im planning on a set of one off 17 wheels to match the look of the hubcaps use on the Bullitt Charger. This will allow larger brakes and wider tires. This hubcap was made to look like a mag wheel and now
Im going to have a wheel made to look like a hubcap. The motor will be a gen III Hemi 6.4 or the new Hellcat if it would fit under the stock hood? And a 6 speed manual trans. I have a lot of details to work out but for now
I will bag and tag the parts and get the car media blasted.
Thanks
Pat

This how car looked when I bought it a 1 years ago.

And now the parts start coming off!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 605 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 05:58 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Pat! That's awesome. Pics pics and lots of pics.

Best Of Show Bullitt - Bullitt Nationals, Indianapolis 2009
Top 5 Bullitt - Texas Bullitt / Mach 1 Shootout, Lufkin TX 2010
Best 2008 Bullitt - Texas Bullitt / Mach 1 Shootout, Lufkin TX 2011
Best Of Show Bullitt - Texas Bullitt / Mach 1 Shootout, Terrell TX 2013
Best Of Show Bullitt - Bullitt Nationals, Panama City Beach FL 2013
Best Of Show Bullitt - Texas Bullitt / Mach 1 Shootout, Lufkin TX 2014
post #3 of 605 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 11:21 PM

GONE TO PLAID!

Looking forward to this build.

I own my car, it does not own me.

He who blows his own horn, is playing the wrong tune.

post #4 of 605 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 11:35 PM

Monster BullittHead

Let the journey begin. I enjoyed watching your Bullitt Mustang build with your son. Now it's time for Dad's Charger build. Looking forward to updates and pic's.
post #5 of 605 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 11:04 AM

subscribed !! can't wait to see updates of your Charger build, and how is your son and his bullitt in school

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Trufiber Heat Extractor Hood, Cipher Auto 5 Point Harness & Euro Style Seats, MM 6 Point Roll Bar, XD RLC Arms, Panhard Rod w/ Spherical Rod-Ends, CC Plates, Rear Relocation Brackets, JLT Air Intake in HG, Borla ATAK Cat Back, Hurst Shifter, FRPP "P" Springs, StopTech Rotors, CDC Chin Spoiler, GT/CS Side Scoops, Quarter Window Louvers, Mirror Caps,Sequential Turn Signals, Shelby GT Wheels, BFGoodrich Tires, DiabloSport Tune, CalPonyCars Engine Dress Up Kit in HG
post #6 of 605 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 03:39 PM

Smile subscribing too

I look forward to following this thread too!!!

Good luck with the project!!!

Steve

No Bullitt at this time
post #7 of 605 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 04:30 PM

If this is going to be anything like the Mustang build done by Kurt and yourself, that Charger is going to be a jewel.

a.k.a. Hoosier Daddy a.k.a. Eco-Bullitt, Save Water
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm sorry you find my normal behavior inappropriate.

post #8 of 605 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Friend of IMBOC

WOOOT!!! Another great story!!!
Where's the popcorn?
post #9 of 605 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

Monster BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigsvt View Post
subscribed !! can't wait to see updates of your Charger build, and how is your son and his bullitt in school
Both Kurt and is mustang are doing great, except their about nine hours apart. He is at culinary school and his car is here at home. I take it out every couple of weeks to help keep the tires from having flat spots
Thanks
Pat
post #10 of 605 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 08:33 AM

man I will be watching this thread.. I enjoyed the Bullitt build and quality of work. it will be very interesting on the updates of the charger. I am working on a 70 charger and 73 roadrunner clone with my brother. the issues we have run across changing from the 318 automatic to a 440 4 speed on the RR have been challenging. and finding parts for the 70 has been a fun event as well.. here is a shot of the Charger..
and here is the Roadrunner clone.

Bullitt 3130 has a few modifications , JLT CAI, 3.73 gears, BMR rear lower control arms, TimSpeed performance Custom rear upper control arms, Traenkner Bros Performance rear shock tower brace, SCT 93 octane Tune, Silverhorse Racing oil catch can, and an teenage(13) female Mechanic.

So let me know what you need..

post #11 of 605 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 12:08 PM

Cool

Hello Pat,

Now this will be something I will totally enjoy following.

Good-Luck on it and look forward to reading and seeing this build as it takes place !!!

tigerhonaker

Something New Coming in April 2017 ...

post #12 of 605 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Monster BullittHead

Still bagging and tagging the charger so I can get the car to the media blaster. Overall the car is in great shape with all of its original sheet metal and no accidents. The front fenders have never been off the car as I had to remove the great factory undercoating to get to the fasteners for the splash guards. The media blaster I’m sure will uncover a few surprises. But for now here is the Good the Bad and the Ugly to date.
The Good, all of the frame rails are in excellent condition with only one small area of rust on the right side trans cross member and no accidents front or rear.

The Bad, a little rust on the driver’s side floor that will take an 8” x 12” patch panel

And the Ugly, I knew I would be replacing the trunk floor when I bought the car, but the back yard patch job is Ugly! On the good side both trunk drop and frame rails are rust free.

Thanks
Pat
post #13 of 605 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Monster BullittHead

I received the 1st rendering of the custom wheel I’m having made to look like the hubcaps used on the Bullitt Charger. There are a few small changes that need to be made, such as the center emblem is not orientated correctly. There will be a tool that will fit the emblem which will allow access to the lug-nuts. I’m very happy with the 1st drawings of this one off wheel and look forward to seeing them made.

This is the original hubcap

And here is the custom version of the hubcap

Thanks
Pat
post #14 of 605 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 09:10 PM

You Broke the Server!

Awsome. Like the second and third one best, has the notches in the emblem.

Visit the New
and the New

Johnny Lightening 93 Octane tune, Detroit Rocker Cams, Shorty Headers, Green air filter, Quarter window louvers, SHR Black taillight bezels, Lower grille inserts, Radiator close out panels, engine dress up kit,and deck lid honeycomb panel. Sequential taillights, Retro 60's parking lights, Black wrinkle cam coversl,MGW shifter, Rear Diffuser, 2013 rear view mirrors

post #15 of 605 (permalink) Old 05-24-2014, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Monster BullittHead

I have been trying to restore the parts as I remove them instead of at the end of the project. The left side vent box is the last item I did and it cleaned up nicely. Here are a few before and after pictures.
Thanks!
Pat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode