5Likes
  • 2 Post By administrator
  • 2 Post By Bullit008
  • 1 Post By shortymustang

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Welcome Boss, Inc!

A big welcome to our newest supporting vendor, Boss, Inc!

Please visit their website here: http://bossincstyle.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 03:37 PM

BullittHead

Just purchased my Boss Bullitt hood, looks awesome. The fit and paint job was superb. The hood fit like a glove and there is no shake or lift when traveling at high speed . A great addition that gives my 2008 that retro look. ..
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 05:50 PM

Monster BullittHead

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit008 View Post
Just purchased my Boss Bullitt hood, looks awesome. The fit and paint job was superb. The hood fit like a glove and there is no shake or lift when traveling at high speed . A great addition that gives my 2008 that retro look. ..
How about some pics?
Franks Partner likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 08:05 AM

BullittHead

All,
I'll send out some pics of the Boss Inc. hood. As I mentioned the fit was great and quite an easy install. Todd Rainy from Boss Bullitt was excellent in providing advice for the installation process. The hood has given my 08 a whole new look. Thanks all for the comments and Go Boss Inc.....

Best regards,
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 10:53 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit008 View Post
All,
I'll send out some pics of the Boss Inc. hood. As I mentioned the fit was great and quite an easy install. Todd Rainy from Boss Bullitt was excellent in providing advice for the installation process. The hood has given my 08 a whole new look. Thanks all for the comments and Go Boss Inc.....

Best regards,
Hi Bob,

I hope you do find the time to post some pictures of your New Boss installed hood for all of us.

I would really hate to get rid of my existing Seibon CF hood but the Boss hood would allow me to travel to other states easily.

That I do miss !!!

I would also like to drive to .....

I know people in Canada and it would be really nice to visit them in their Country.

Terry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Something New Coming in April 2017 ...

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 03-21-2017 at 11:03 AM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 12:43 PM
Car Whisperer

why can't you travel with your cf hood?

1996 SVT Cobra
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
why can't you travel with your cf hood?
Tim,

I can if it is not raining.
If I got caught in the rain it would (Flood) my engine compartment.
My Seibon CF hood has Huge Rectangle Openings and Vents to get rid of excessive heat.

Below you can see where I made the cover for closing off the rectangle vent.
I actually did both sides but this picture is just to show as an example of one side.

Below you can see where I made a patch to cover up that Huge Rectangle Opening.

I have since removed them since getting the Bullitt back in late 2015.
There just is simply no-way to actually cover those openings quickly if caught in the rain or worse a storm.
Part of the problem is that as you drive the car it is constantly putting an oil residue under the hood.
So Duct Tape then will not stick !!!
Hood looks terrific on the Bullitt but is certainly not for a DD (Daily Driver) in all kinds of weather.

That's why the New Boss Hood would be an "Excellent" choice for a Bullitt that is actually going to be driven with no concerns over weather conditions during the trip.

Terry

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 02:19 PM
Car Whisperer

I see how much water could get dumped. sucks, pay all that money for a fair weather only car. having to block them off to keep the rain out defeats the whole purpose in the design of heat extraction. I couldn't do that. I have to have something dependable that I can drive and not worry about what might happen, DD or not, rain can come up at any time. it would have to go for me.

1996 SVT Cobra
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
I see how much water could get dumped. sucks, pay all that money for a fair weather only car. having to block them off to keep the rain out defeats the whole purpose in the design of heat extraction. I couldn't do that. I have to have something dependable that I can drive and not worry about what might happen, DD or not, rain can come up at any time. it would have to go for me.
Tim,

I see and understand and as I said it definitely is not for a Daily-Driver IMO.

It is a looker for sure and that's one reason I went for it plus it's functionality for Heat extraction.

But, even though that's the case ^^^, the New Boss Hood to me seems like a darn good looking, functional, and able to be driven wherever, whenever.

Terry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode