A new Maine Coon Kitten Family member (Ruff) is coming by year end ... - Page 6 - IMBOC
 99Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 338 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 05:26 PM
Car Whisperer

so you changing your name to Rascalhonaker?

1996 SVT Cobra
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 338 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTom View Post
Hi Terry,

Great shots of Rascal. I'm enjoying seeing these regular updates of the little devil. Oh boy, if Mickey says he is going to be "a lot more active" in the weeks ahead I can only imagine the kind of mischief he will be getting into. I wonder if he will try to open the 1968 Bullitt display case?

Cheers,
Tom
Hi Tom, Well as the weeks continue to go by and Mickey keeps sending the weekly pics I'll keep posting them.

Yes, Mickey said that she thinks Rascal will start playing with his toys very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stig View Post
Hi Terry,

That's going to be one spoiled Kitty cat. I miss mine and my dog but I'm staying pet-less for a while other than fish. I don't want to be tied down right now plus I travel a little for work.

I know you and Cathy can't wait to get him.

Ken

P.S. I'll be passing through TN on the way to Indianapolis on Tuesday and the following Monday. Maybe we can meet up one of those days.
Ken, Yes we can meet up and have Lunch and or Breakfast according to when your driving through.

Be nice to hang-out with you again for awhile.

And I do agree if your not going to be home there is no point in getting a pet as a companion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sganow View Post
Very cute! I especially like that 2nd to the last picture of Rascal looking over the display case. Mischief? Yeah, I guess that's all part of it.
Those pics of him looking right into the Bullitt Display case is pretty darn cool.
I have a feeling since he is going to be with his mom (Taylor) and of course all the attention from Mickey he is going to be full of himself.

I'm glad I am retired and will actually get to see him grow up.

I think it is going to be Fun to see what he does once I bring him home and he feels comfortable with his surroundings and of course us (Cathy & Me).

It's not a huge home but it's big enough for him to totally have plenty of space to explore especially as a kitten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
so you changing your name to Rascalhonaker?

Hey Tim, Well I have been asked if I was going to try to use his name with mine like I did all those years with the tigerhonaker thing.

But ................

I suppose not I'll remain on the Internet as tigerhonaker.

Terry

2008 Highland Green Bullitt Mustang, the "tiger-machine"

post #78 of 338 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 10:47 PM

Hmmmm. The Rascal TigerHonaker! That looks very appropriate to me!

DHG # 01251-127,000+ miles -ACCEL COP's-LED 3rd Brake Light-Web Electric Sequential Turn Signals-Magnaflow Magnapack Catback Exhaust-Koni STR.T Struts and Shocks-Bullitt Center Caps from On in 60-JLT RAI DHG -Chin Spoiler -Mach 1 Grille Delete-FarmerDons Custom Mesh Grille Insert

USAF 70-74
post #79 of 338 (permalink) Old 08-27-2016, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcard View Post
Terry, that cat has some beautiful eyes, always questioning
And I'd give a million bucks to know exactly what those questions are.

Rascal is adorable, Terry. You guys did good! That cat will be spoiled rotten.

THE ETERNAL COW

"Deplorable. Irredeemable. And proud of it."

Last edited by Jimbob; 08-27-2016 at 09:11 AM.
post #80 of 338 (permalink) Old 08-27-2016, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerDon View Post
Hmmmm. The Rascal TigerHonaker! That looks very appropriate to me!
Farmer Don,

I read you Big-Guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob View Post
And I'd give a million bucks to know exactly what those questions are.

Rascal is adorable, Terry. You guys did good! That cat will be spoiled rotten.
Jimbob,

Rascal is already getting spoiled already by his Mom (Taylor) as he was the only one in that litter from, Taylor (Mom) & Riggs (Dad).

Plus Michelle (Mickey) always messing with Rascal since he is completely separated from the other litters.

Rascal, stays with his Mom, Taylor, until I come take him home in October.

He has to be separated from other litters as he would not be excepted by them since he was not part of their litter mates.

They would possibly single him out and the (Dominate) male or males would pick on him.

So, he stays just with his Mom and gets other attention from Mickey on a daily basis.

I've learned a lot as the days and weeks are going by about all this.

I had no idea how it all really worked as we went and got tiger he was with his litter mates so completely different circumstances.

Terry

post #81 of 338 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Smile Glacier Point High-Capacity Water Fountain with Chiller ...

Hello,

Well the final item just arrived for Rascal.

I spent many-many hours, days and weeks reading and researching water fountains for cats.
What I found out from reading as well as videos all water fountains are not even remotely the same.
The more time I spent on reading up on the different ones it became apparent that there was only "One" that had the option of cooling the water.
And while I'm on the subject of water fountains for cats I also soon found out that the "Ceramic" ones were at the Top-of-the-List.
Stainless Steel was also at the "Top-of-the-List".

It did take me sometime before I finally made the decision on ordering the, Glacier Point Pet Fountain.
What sold me on it was when I read many-many times that, Maine Coon Cats, love drinking cool water and especially, "Running-Cool Water".
So, after reading numerous times about what the Maine Coon prefers and looking at videos and further reading customer comments on the, "Glacier Point Pet Fountains" decision was made.

I just now UN-Boxed it and filled it up with water to see exactly how it works at cooling the water and also to watch the water flowing out of the spout into the deep water tank below.
This thing folks holds like a gallon of water.
It has multiple, In-Line-Filters, that take contaminants out before it comes out the spout into the bottom reservoir.
It's been running for a few hours now and the water is definitely very cool to the touch.
The unit that cools the water is not very loud so No-Worries on that.
The Ceramic base feels really cold to the touch and I'm sure that contributes to keeping the water colder from the chiller unit.

I'll post below a few links for any of you that might be interested in this unit or one of the other Glacier Fountains.
The smaller units come in different colors and they also have the option to add the chiller.

Pet Water Fountains Pet Water Fountains - Glacier Point Pet Fountains

Below a link to the videos on the units.

Pet Water Fountains Videos - Pet Water Fountains

Below is the link to the High Capacity fountain I purchased.

Pet Water Fountains High Capacity Pet Fountain With Chiller - Pet Water Fountains

Okay as always many of you have requested that I take pictures so you can see exactly what I have ordered.
So, below are the pictures of what I just UN-Boxed and Set-Up, the, Glacier Point Pet High Capacity Fountain with Chiller.

Pre Chilled, Spring Water out of refrigerator to fill Glacier Point Fountain.
(Hope I'm not going to "Spoil" Rascal)

post #82 of 338 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 01:59 PM

PY-Like BullittHead

Not a bad lookin outfit. Twinks like running water too. So we just put the kitchen tap on so the water dribbles out when he's in

BBK 62mm TB, Headers, 4.10's, Steeda UDP's, Borla T, BAMA tune, Steeda sport springs & Adjutable Panhard, Koni STR-T Struts/Shocks, GT500 Strut mounts, J&M rear LCA, Whiteline relocation brackets, UMI Sub-Frame connectors, Saleen short shift, NXT Hood struts, MMD Painted Retro mirrors, CDC Chin spoiler, GT 500 rear spoiler, DG painted louvers, Raptor Shift lite, Corbeau Harness bar, Raxiom Gen 5 taillights
post #83 of 338 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 02:48 PM

Monster BullittHead

This is the luckiest cat in the Universe..... I don't know any other cat that has his/her own room.

USAF 1966 - 70 Previous Owner of Bullitt # 5924 Presently Own: 2016 Mustang GT Premium
post #84 of 338 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 03:50 PM

Looking good, Terry.

Do you have a target date yet on when you can bring Rascal home? As I recall it was going to be sometime in October.

Cheers,
Tom
post #85 of 338 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 06:14 PM
BEST BULLITT Nats 06

How often should you change/switch out the water in the fountain?

~VICKI~

post #86 of 338 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 07:38 PM

What if the kitty looks at the set-up, shrugs and then walks away and ignores it?

tigerhonaker likes this.

THE ETERNAL COW

"Deplorable. Irredeemable. And proud of it."
post #87 of 338 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 03:01 AM
Supporting Member

Ours tend to prefer their "special" spring here. A toilet we don't use but leave the lid up and flush daily just for them.
We're giving them water from a well hidden deep in Oregon's Willamette Valley.
TwoStangWmn likes this.
post #88 of 338 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcard View Post
Not a bad lookin outfit. Twinks like running water too. So we just put the kitchen tap on so the water dribbles out when he's in
I have seen and read where many-many people leave the water barely running for their kittens/cats to drink from.

That seems to work just fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrafast1 View Post
This is the luckiest cat in the Universe..... I don't know any other cat that has his/her own room.
Well, in our case we have a house that's much bigger than we need so all the bed rooms are not really used.

One bedroom we converted into an office for Cathy doing the Cigna Ins. thing.
(She lets me share the opposite side with my computer, desk, pics etc.)

That left an empty room for guess who Rascal ...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTom View Post
Looking good, Terry.

Do you have a target date yet on when you can bring Rascal home? As I recall it was going to be sometime in October.

Cheers,
Tom
Yes, I'm sure it will be next month (October) for us to bring him to his new home.

More than likely before or around the middle of October I'm thinking.

Have to wait and see what Mickey says but that's what I'm thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoStangWmn View Post
How often should you change/switch out the water in the fountain?
Vicki, I don't really think you have to be to concerned about the water if you use Spring Water that is already been purified and also the Fountain has 2-filters.
I really think if you wanted to, you could easily go a couple of weeks before Cleaning & Changing out the water.

I'm thinking to make things simple I'll just dump the water on the weekend and at the same time clean the Ceramic Bowl.
Refill and it will be ready for the next week.
(We are storing a Gallon Jug of the Spring Water in the refrigerator for the fountain)
The Spring water is only $1.19 cents at Publix for a gallon jug so changing it out weekly won't be very expensive.
And like I said I will also take a few minutes and give the Ceramic Bowl a cleaning before refilling unit.

This is a very-very-easy fountain to clean with it being Ceramic that does not let things stick to it's surface.

Below is a link to the, (Pump Cleaning & Maintenance),

Pet Water Fountains Pet Fountain Pump Maintenance and Troubleshooting - Pet Water Fountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob View Post
What if the kitty looks at the set-up, shrugs and then walks away and ignores it?

Well, if that did happen and I highly doubt it to be honest.
One then simply tries a different water fountain or simply order the exact same water fountain Mickey uses at her Cattery.
I almost went with the same water fountain Mickey uses and she has 8 of those fountains.
But ...........
As usual I wanted to see what was out there these days since I had used the same fountains with Max & tiger for the past 16-yrs.
I finally saw (Videos) and read customer reviews on the Glacier Point and decided, what the heck, just go with it and don't get hung up over cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
Ours tend to prefer their "special" spring here. A toilet we don't use but leave the lid up and flush daily just for them.
We're giving them water from a well hidden deep in Oregon's Willamette Valley.
I have read where people do exactly what you said.

And it certainly does work that's for sure.

Terry

post #89 of 338 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Cool Rascal at 8-weeks old pictures ...

Hello,

Well I just received 4-videos and also pictures yesterday evening of Rascal from Mickey.

I really wish I was much more talented so I could post the short videos she sends me of him.

I just don't have a clue as to how to do that.

Yes, I have tried but nothing I tried worked.

Below are the pictures Mickey sent last night.
Rascal will be officially 8-weeks old this Sunday.
He is now starting to play in the videos.

Rascal is constantly moving so trying to get good pictures of him where they are not Blurred is next to impossible.

Below is Mickey's favorite for this week of him and my favorite also.

post #90 of 338 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 03:12 PM

Hey Terry, what a surprise: Rascal is still adorable!
Great to see the weekly progress.
I had forgotten how quickly kittens grow.

-Tom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode