2018 Bullitt Rumor De Jour... - Page 13 - IMBOC
 263Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 07:32 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Alonso View Post

Of course, this could all be for naught, but I would never dismiss the "saleability" of this car on the basis of horsepower alone. If that was true, we would not have bought these cars in the first place. The aftermarket is a beautiful place for getting the power fix.
Tony,

I hope that for those that would like and love to have the latest generation of the Bullitt Mustang get their wish answered.

Terry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Something New Coming in April 2017 ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 07:34 PM

Tony, good point of the Mustang being a world car now. Of course there are movie buffs and gearheads across the globe. Every so often we see a new owner register from outside the US and Canada thrilled to finally be getting a Bullitt. This seems to be something we have overlooked. A much larger market is now available for Ford to pedal these vehicles. That would make a better business case to bring the Bullitt edition out for one more run.
Having this to consider now, it would seem to me that the possibility of a 2018 Bullitt making it to production has increased.

a.k.a. Hoosier Daddy a.k.a. Eco-Bullitt, Save Water

I'm sorry you find my normal behavior inappropriate.

post #183 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 09:01 PM
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
Tony,

I hope that for those that would like and love to have the latest generation of the Bullitt Mustang get their wish answered.

Terry
And I likewise hope that they would be welcomed to this community!

Tony Alonso
2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt - black, #1118, VIN 1FAFP42X21F213026
2009 Ford Mustang Bullitt - highland green, #6323, VIN 1ZVHT82H995129122
2018 Ford Mustang Bullitt - highland green, #nnnn, VIN 1nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ?
post #184 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 09:16 PM
Friend of IMBOC

Ford monitors the enthusiast forums, absolutely yes.

Known for a fact based upon discussions with Ford reps over the past,
and from personal experience....

the one and only '01 Bullitt specific service bulletin was born of a post I made on this site back in 2001, where the Ford engineer contacted me directly after seeing the thread.
post #185 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLITT3230 View Post
^^^^ And on the flip side...

Many 08/09 owners arrogantly thought they were the true Bullitt and the '01's were nothing,
as well as believing IMBOC was nothing until they came along.....

So....ya....there are two sides to every story....

Bottom line....So F'ing what.... A Bullitt is a Bullitt....and they are all gems...
And many 01 owners think they own the only true Bullitt, and did nothing but rag on the 08's. NONE of the new generation Bullitt's are true Bullitt Mustangs, you need to take a ride in your wayback machine for that..

The Other Scott

post #186 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 10:27 PM
Quest for single digits

I can say one thing about the new chassis. If anyone thinks this chassis needs Hellcat hp to perform you are very wrong. This chassis is well balanced and with a few tweaks is a far better performer than the price point.

GT350 has a mere 526hp. Try and catch it with a 700+ hp Hellkitty.....good luck with that.

Ironic that I would say this given my Bullitt exceeds 1000 hp but it is a one dimensional car. It goes in straight line.....in single digits but sweet baby cochese don't try to turn hard while going fast or be ready to pucker up.

At the end of the day, if they build this car, I have no doubt with the new hood and changes it's going to look good. With 450-475 hp will it go? I'm sure with a driver it would knock out bigger cars. I still maintain that I really hope it remains manual only.
DavidMidgley and WMUCarGuy like this.

Visit the New
and the New

WHEELS WAY UP
post #187 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 10:31 PM
Quest for single digits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpoodle View Post
And many 01 owners think they own the only true Bullitt, and did nothing but rag on the 08's. NONE of the new generation Bullitt's are true Bullitt Mustangs, you need to take a ride in your wayback machine for that..
Yeah, you have points but 01 owners were lied to.

"I did not have sex with that woman"
"There will never be another Bullitt"

Let's be honest, the ragging was mutual.......even though 01's are faster.

If you're implying the 68 was the only Bullitt .......um, you're wrong......but good talk
BULLITT3230 and DavidMidgley like this.

Visit the New
and the New

WHEELS WAY UP
post #188 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 10:49 PM
Charles

GONE TO PLAID!

68 was a Mustang GT. Bullitts were produced in 01, 08, and 09.

But the 68 is still my holy grail...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DavidMidgley likes this.

post #189 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 12:44 AM
Supporting Member

One should choose his Grail wisely

post #190 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 09:43 AM
Friend of IMBOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpoodle View Post
Well, of course there are those who believe that only a 68 is a Bullitt...
But the reality is the 68 was never called a Bullitt, it only had a later association,
while the "Bullitt" Mustang was in fact the later production editions..

What I was reacting to was the initial statement relative to the stated 08/09 perspective of the 01 crowds negative mindset of that day, where I was offering a balanced counterpoint to where there was just as much arrogant 08/09 negative mindset being slung...

Now mind you, while there was some directed heat towards the 08/09 crowd, like Paul said, the vast majority of the 01 negativity was born from the Ford statements that the 01 would be the only edition ever made, for which the 08/09 crowd took as directed to them personally. There was legit confusion and betrayal on that point.

However, dirt was being slung from both sides, it was certainly not one sided...
Which is the basis of my final point, simply... enough of the sh** slinging already....ALL BULLITT's ARE GEMS!!!

So....ya...that includes 01, 08/09, 68, as well as hopefully the 18

Frankly, I would LOVE to see an 18 Bullitt come out! Maybe it will finally end all the negativity...
or heck, maybe 01's and 08/09's will finally have something to unite towards...either squawllering about not wanting to see an 18...or....maybe...just MAYBE...we can ALL unite in celebration in the acceptance, and the continuance of this particular special edition!! An 18 certainly isn't going to present any devaluation of any of the prior editions given neither has really climbed to any extra valuation as such.

They are all great on their own merit.

I say BRING IT, embrace it, accept the awesome possibilities an 18 can bring!!!

Last edited by BULLITT3230; 02-18-2017 at 10:56 AM.
post #191 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 12:20 PM

So........ assuming Ford does come out with another Bullitt, and assuming a flock of new young boys magically take a shine to the idea, they're going to want to BE Steve McQueen. It happens every time. But, if they want to BE Steve McQueen then they have to know how to DRESS like Steve McQueen. And that is why I'm offering this little video to help these young boys along. This video has all of the fundamentals, as Uncle Drew would say. Oh, and you might want to find a Brit to help you interpret this......

THE ETERNAL COW

"Deplorable. Irredeemable. And proud of it."
post #192 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 01:41 PM
Supporting Member

LOL! Kind of Ironic that it takes a Brit "follower of fashion" to tell us yanks how to dress like Steve McQueen, isn't it?

Sort of like the current hipster "logger" look of beards and flannel shirts. These City guys wouldn't recognize a real logger if they saw one.

Jimbob, there's a pickle thread thought for you...a cover of the Kinks "dedicated follower of fashion".

It's still a big IF on there being an '18 Bullitt. It would be kind of fun if Ford made the move. But unless my '09 suddenly lunched an engine, I wouldn't be opening my checkbook. I tend to be pretty monogamous with my cars.
Jimbob likes this.
post #193 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 03:42 PM

Garage
On the one hand I hope it doesn't happen and its mostly selfish thinking because our cars are very few and far between and I like that when you head to a cars and coffee/car show you don't see many of them like Shelby's and such. Lots of people come up and ask that one question with a look of awe "Is that a real Bullitt?" But on the other hand having a newer version of a Bullitt would be pretty cool because if mine did get totaled for some reason it's nice to have options ! If it does get built I say throw the Ecoboost twin turbo V-6 in it or the GT350's Vodoo. Either one has it's advantages. If you're gonna dream, dream BIG! I mean isn't that happening now on the Nifty 50's thread! Yes keep it Manual as well but if the aging Bullitt generation needs an auto I can see that working as an option that could open up more sales for Ford too. The autos are quicker but I still like banging gears. I'm also with Kurt on this one, Bullittheads need to stick together. If it wasn't for a friend of mine getting an 01 DHG Bullitt and giving me a ride in it I would have never fallen for it and wouldn't probably be driving the 09 I have. I also like that Tony Alonso has updated his Sig to include his 01, 09 and . . . . . 2018! If we can just get him to add another space for a 68.

"It's not what you got but what you give, not the life you choose but the life you live."
post #194 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 05:57 PM
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceblade View Post
I also like that Tony Alonso has updated his Sig to include his 01, 09 and . . . . . 2018! If we can just get him to add another space for a 68.
I need to get the exact specification of the 1968 model - GT390 Fastback? GT Fastback with 390? I look to the experts to help me out with this one

Tony Alonso
2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt - black, #1118, VIN 1FAFP42X21F213026
2009 Ford Mustang Bullitt - highland green, #6323, VIN 1ZVHT82H995129122
2018 Ford Mustang Bullitt - highland green, #nnnn, VIN 1nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ?
post #195 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 06:20 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Alonso View Post
I need to get the exact specification of the 1968 model - GT390 Fastback? GT Fastback with 390? I look to the experts to help me out with this one

Bullitt's actual Vin = 8R02S125559

link to the breakdown of said vin: 1968 Ford Mustang VIN Decoder - MustangAttitude.com Data Explorer

Since on the subject of the Movie car for a sec here is an interesting tidbit about the other car in the movie.

THE BULLITT CHARGER SURVIVOR?

Hope you get all the Bullitt's added to your collection!
Tony Alonso likes this.

"It's not what you got but what you give, not the life you choose but the life you live."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode