Originally Posted by BULLITT3230 View Post
from the NewsBot:
The 2018 Ford Mustang retires its V6 and evolves into a better car

The V6 is dead and the overall theme of the restyle is "1968 all over again"

Hmmmmmm....
Interesting.......
Bullitt-Driver likes this.

Visit the New
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and the New
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WHEELS WAY UP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 263 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 12:51 PM

Super BullittHead

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob View Post
Balderdash.
Quote:
Poppycock.

Bring back the Red Squares and Therapy Dogs!
DavidMidgley likes this.
post #18 of 263 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 11:14 AM

PY-Like BullittHead

This is one discussion where I have a little mixed emotions.

On one hand I would like to see a new version just to continue the line of "Bullitt" special editions. That just puts a spotlight on all versions of Bullitts.

On the other hand, I like how our Bullitts are somewhat exclusive as there were only two versions of them.

Now the honest answer, I am afraid that I may be tempted by a newer Bullitt. It would have to be Highland Green (or a similar dark green color). One thing, I will never, ever, absolutely never purchase a Mustang with a 4-banger, boosted or not. If they equip the next Bullitt with a 4-banger, then the decision is easy....NO WAY.
FarmerDon likes this.
post #19 of 263 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 12:59 PM

PY-Like BullittHead

They are doing away with the v6. I kind of like my 2014 v6 for a daily driver. Not sure how the 4 cyl. would be in comparison because I have never driven one. For me, the 4 cyl. would be just a daily driver car. Nothing special like a GT or special edition would be. If I were getting one for my "fun" car, it would have to have the v8.
FarmerDon likes this.

TB Bullitt #5019
post #20 of 263 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 09:27 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Garage
I'm happier with this hood than the original. It's a new turn on the old 1967-8 extractor hood.

My name is David J. Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me that. You can call me David. Or you can call me David J. Or you can call me David Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me David J. Midgley....
post #21 of 263 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 10:39 AM

Super BullittHead

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
On the other hand, it will be funny to see Terry squirm if all of the sudden there are lots of automatic Bullitts!
post #22 of 263 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 02:32 PM

Monster BullittHead

seriously, how easy would it be to make a 2018 Bullitt??? these photoshops show it. Make it green, take off the emblems, make it the track pack car, put some Bullitt symbols on it, and maybe the Ford performance upgrade 1 or 2. Would they have to pay a huge licensing fee for using the Bullitt name?

If I could just get those headlights on mine, I'd be pretty happy.
PhotoRick likes this.

93 Race tune by Bama performance, FR500S mufflers, 2011+ 13.2inch rotor upgrade, MGW shifter, BMR adjustable Panhard bar, GT500 finned Differential cover ~ "Thats thinkin with your dipstick Jimmy!" ~
post #23 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 09:38 AM

Garage
Aw, man - that grille is terrific.

08 Bullitt 5389 13 FIAT 500 Abarth 00 Roush Cougar

post #24 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 09:59 AM

GONE TO PLAID!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3NN3TT View Post
Aw, man - that grille is terrific.
I agree, the front is killer, frankly not that FORD cares about one guys opinion but that would be the only way I would strongly consider buying a 'new age ' mustang .... the front and color on that is outstanding, one would hope it carried over to the rest of the car. ( it would be great to see how these folks 'rendered' the rest of the car... ) throw in everything the Boss 302 had plus some "bullitt" specific items and I think they would have a hit and not only with us bullittheads

just my .02 cents
post #25 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 10:02 AM

It all boils down to "how many old timers are still alive and have enough money in the bank and are not too feeble to drive are there?"

And that's the truth.

THE ETERNAL COW

"Deplorable. Irredeemable. And proud of it."
post #26 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 11:47 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
I think you're grossly underestimating who is buying Mustangs, these days. Sure, many of you "more mature" guys are, but plenty of younger people are as well. I'm only 31 and I'd definitely strongly consider one if it happens.
And I think you're grossly overestimating the knowledge and interest that young whippersnappers have in the whole Bullitt mantra.

If I had a dime for every dumb look I got when I said "It's based on the '68 Mustang 390 GT that Steve McQueen drove in the movie 'Bullitt,'" I'd be rich.

FarmerDon and TrueBlue02058 like this.

THE ETERNAL COW

"Deplorable. Irredeemable. And proud of it."
post #27 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 03:52 PM

PY-Like BullittHead

Quote:
And I think you're grossly overestimating the knowledge and interest that young whippersnappers have in the whole Bullitt mantra.

If I had a dime for every dumb look I got when I said "It's based on the '68 Mustang 390 GT that Steve McQueen drove in the movie 'Bullitt,'" I'd be rich.

What he said, The Movie was 49 years ago. The average 35 year old doesn't know and doesn't care about the Movie or the Man.

On the other hand, if I was in the market for a new 5.0 Coupe, mine would be green with Spoiler delete.
Jimbob, Warlock and FarmerDon like this.
post #28 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 06:36 PM
Supporting Member

Garage
Check this out - Bullitt S550 Mustang Leaked in Video? - 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com

Tony Alonso
2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt - black, #1118, VIN 1FAFP42X21F213026
2009 Ford Mustang Bullitt - highland green, #6323, VIN 1ZVHT82H995129122
2018 Ford Mustang Bullitt - highland green, #nnnn, VIN 1nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ?
post #29 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 07:08 PM

Best "evidence" I have seen!

52k miles. 5.0 shifter, drop in K&N, 17x8 black bullitts, DHG pony in grille

Visit the
post #30 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 07:10 PM

Old timer! More mature. < I like that better. But hey I'm in the middle of those two. OLD FART! I'm in for 2018 Bullitt!!
Thanks for posting the video Tony!!! SLOBBER SLOBBER!
Tony Alonso likes this.

DHG # 01251-127,000+ miles -ACCEL COP's-LED 3rd Brake Light-Web Electric Sequential Turn Signals-Magnaflow Magnapack Catback Exhaust-Koni STR.T Struts and Shocks-Bullitt Center Caps from On in 60-JLT RAI DHG -Chin Spoiler -Mach 1 Grille Delete-FarmerDons Custom Mesh Grille Insert

USAF 70-74

Last edited by FarmerDon; 02-03-2017 at 07:25 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode