2018 Bullitt Rumor De Jour... - Page 3 - IMBOC
 263Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 10:02 PM

Mega BullittHead

Yes!!

Haven't been here in a while, but when I saw this on Jalopnik...I just about peed my pants.
Did The Rock Just Accidentally Leak Ford's New*Bullitt*Mustang?

I miss my '08 badly, and would be all over this in a heartbeat.

(Former owner of ) 2008 DHG #2189
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 12:18 AM

BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue02058 View Post
What he said, The Movie was 49 years ago. The average 35 year old doesn't know and doesn't care about the Movie or the Man.

On the other hand, if I was in the market for a new 5.0 Coupe, mine would be green with Spoiler delete.
24 y.o. Bullitt owner here!
And I'm social media associates with a few other young Bullitt owners.
post #33 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 06:56 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Garage
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
Looking back on it, I can agree with the premise that just perhaps Sonny & Cher were a bit over the top in their automotive selections.

An '18 Bullitt? Anything is possible, I suppose. But I do keep in mind that the '08-'09 models were dogs as far as sales numbers are concerned. Ford does prefer to sell many cars...
The fact that Ford projected only 7700 for sales told me they knew it wasn't going to be over the top on sales. The same applies for the 01 model year projection of 6500. I doubt that it was too much of a detriment to their business case. As long as there is a business case whereby they sell more cars, than they would without the Bullitt model, and the investment, in the SE, differentiation isn't that great. So it's a low bar and a small number of the SE would be viable as a sales enticement.

My name is David J. Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me that. You can call me David. Or you can call me David J. Or you can call me David Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me David J. Midgley....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by DavidMidgley; 02-04-2017 at 07:06 AM.
post #34 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 06:54 PM
Supporting Member

Garage
Did The Rock Just Accidentally Leak Ford's New*Bullitt*Mustang?

im soooooooo ready. my wallet....not so much lol

[/SIGPIC]2008 Bullitt #0521 DHG - Steeda LCAs, MRT shift knob , more has to wait on the spring
post #35 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 12:51 PM
Car Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
They aren't going to unveil the GT500 BEFORE they unveil the standard car, since there is a facelift.
nope with it. to do another Bullitt would require more copyright payments and as stated above, lackluster sales on the last rendition would tend to say no. I too think the Mach is due since there hasn't been one since 03-04 and no licensing needed for that one.

1996 SVT Cobra
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

post #36 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 08:16 AM

Garage
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
nope with it. to do another Bullitt would require more copyright payments and as stated above, lackluster sales on the last rendition would tend to say no. I too think the Mach is due since there hasn't been one since 03-04 and no licensing needed for that one.
Wanna take a bet they'll do both? How about one in 2018, the Bullitt. And then two years of Mach 1 with a power adder. just like in 01, then 03-04.

My name is David J. Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me that. You can call me David. Or you can call me David J. Or you can call me David Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me David J. Midgley....
post #37 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 08:41 AM
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMidgley View Post
Wanna take a bet they'll do both? How about one in 2018, the Bullitt. And then two years of Mach 1 with a power adder. just like in 01, then 03-04.
Based on the rumblings we've heard on the Musang6g forum, this seems a more likely prospect, especially since both of these cars, I think, would play a similar role to the '01 Bullitt and the '03/'04 Mach 1 - prop up interest in the last few years of the current generation. The S650 has been said to arrive in 2020 (model year 2021, I believe). I don't think the "Warner Brothers/McQueen estate is difficult" applies since we've now had TWO versions

Tony Alonso
2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt - black, #1118, VIN 1FAFP42X21F213026
2009 Ford Mustang Bullitt - highland green, #6323, VIN 1ZVHT82H995129122
2018 Ford Mustang Bullitt - highland green, #nnnn, VIN 1nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ?
post #38 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 10:39 AM

PY-Like BullittHead

Darn it, Ford is sure trying to mess up my plans. Pay of mortgage later this year and be debt free by year end. Then retirement whenever I feel like.

If a new Bullitt comes out, do I get one? If I do, it will be in addition to my current one. How do I break the news to Wifey that vehicle #8 is on the way? As long as it is green, I think she will be good with it. So I work a couple more years.

Will be very interesting to get the specs when (if) a new Bullitt is announced. One area where I will disagree with most other here, I would like to see the automatic option. Me, like so many others, are getting up in the years and just getting lazy. I will keep the 08 for when I feel the need to bang gears but the automatic 2018 would be for cruising. Wifey would drive it more often also (maybe I need to rethink that Automatic thing ).
post #39 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 11:43 AM
Supporting Member

We'll see, said the blind man. Different situations for different folks. I'll be taking my 24,000 miles '09 to the dealership for driver's side airbag replacement this afternoon. Have oil & filter done while I'm at it.

I'm 73, already retired...at the rate I'm piling up the miles on the car, it may very well be my final one.

So...what Ford comes up with won't matter to me...
post #40 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 11:48 AM
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDW - 852 View Post
Darn it, Ford is sure trying to mess up my plans. Pay of mortgage later this year and be debt free by year end. Then retirement whenever I feel like.

If a new Bullitt comes out, do I get one? If I do, it will be in addition to my current one. How do I break the news to Wifey that vehicle #8 is on the way? As long as it is green, I think she will be good with it. So I work a couple more years.
I am heavily "what-if"fing my finanaces right now And yes, you get it, retirement be darned. Mainly I am saying this to myself for the same reason - hahaha! Even if the engine wasn't updated, it still will be a 435+hp Bullitt without forced induction. Just give me that sound, styling cues, and a 6-speed manual, and I am there. I've spent over 2 years now with my '15 GT, and I absolutely love it. I know some don't like the styling, but there is enough '68 inspiration in the fastback profile and the hood that it works for me.

My mini-desire: they keep 'em all green, and I say this as someone who has a black '01.
nelsonbullitt likes this.

Tony Alonso
post #41 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 01:32 PM
Supporting Member

post #42 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 04:04 PM

PY-Like BullittHead

Good thing we have these rumors to talk about, at least it is BULLITT related.
Tony Alonso and tigerhonaker like this.
post #43 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 06:18 PM

Someone with better numbers can correct me, but I remember hearing that it typically takes about 5000 cars to break even with a typical special edition type of car. If they sold as many as they did the last two times then it would pass that statistic. Not sure if that's the case any more. Speaking of unveilings, if I remember right, the '01's were revealed in Tulsa at the Shelby meet and the '08's were revealed in San Francisco. Here's a thought... '18 revealed during Woodward Dream Cruise week. Wouldn't that be convenient!

I would be really torn if they do an '18. I really want to keep my '08 since I bought it new, but I'd probably have to sell it to afford getting a new one (if I could even afford one after getting it sold). I think I'm already pushing it with having 2 cars that only get driven occasionally.

'08 Bullitt DHG #4492
'68 Cougar 289/4-speed
post #44 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 08:01 PM

If Ford comes up with a 2018 Mach I or Bullitt, I will be ordering my first "ordered" car since my silver 1982 Mustang GT.

However, an automatic is a must. My left ankle and wife require an auto.

When flying home from work yesteday I spoke with a Ford engineer working on Mustangs and he would neither agree or disagree of the above special editions.

He said the 10 speed automatic is "awesome" with instant power everywhere.

Sounds good.

Former owner of 6010.
2011 Mustang GT
Mods: JBA ss ceramic coated 1 7/8 headers with HF cats and stock axlebacks. Roush 2300 TVS supercharger with upgraded fuel delivery (47lb injectors, boost-a-pump, H0 plugs). Dyno'd 591 RWHP(w/stock exhaust). Boss oil cooler. Exedy 500 clutch w/billit steel flywheel. Whiteline rear LCAs, Tokico D-spec adjustable shocks/struts, BMR watts link and relocation brackets. Ford Racing "P" springs. DS shop carbon fiber driveshaft.

post #45 of 263 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 08:15 PM
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
That was indeed something that was noticed by forum members on the Mustang6g board I frequent. Some say "it's just to remind you that the new Mustang you are getting is the performance equal (or exceeds it) of the Boss", while others are wondering if it would be another of those wonderful easter eggs we've been getting in the Ford media information.

Whether 2019 brings a Mach 1, a Boss 302, or something else, I am gonna be one broke mofo for sure!

Tony Alonso

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode