2008/2009 Bullitt "Timeslips" - Page 5 - IMBOC
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 06:30 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Hey, Terry. Never had a chance to get to the strip. There is a possibility yet, but unlikely. I bought a new accelerometer and they are usually quite accurate. Gotta find a road to do the run, though...

Former owner of 6010.
2011 Mustang GT
Mods: JBA ss ceramic coated 1 7/8 headers with HF cats and stock axlebacks. Roush 2300 TVS supercharger with upgraded fuel delivery (47lb injectors, boost-a-pump, H0 plugs). Dyno'd 591 RWHP(w/stock exhaust). Boss oil cooler. Exedy 500 clutch w/billit steel flywheel. Whiteline rear LCAs, Tokico D-spec adjustable shocks/struts, BMR watts link and relocation brackets. Ford Racing "P" springs. DS shop carbon fiber driveshaft.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 11:20 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonbullitt
Hey, Terry. Never had a chance to get to the strip. There is a possibility yet, but unlikely. I bought a new accelerometer and they are usually quite accurate. Gotta find a road to do the run, though...
Bob,

Really I was just messing with you.

I stumbled on this Thread the other evening and saw your post so thought I would mess with you some.

Terry

Brenspeed Talks About the "tiger-machine" being a Long Term Project and Dream Car.

Click on Video Link below to see it on the DYNO
and
it making a Full Blown, Wide-Open, Drive-By.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-brenspeed-talks-about-long-term-projects-and-dream-cars/

post #63 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 09:18 PM

Monster BullittHead

Well after the Kooks LT and H-pipe added to the mods HP is now 322rwhp and 324rwtq I ran a best 13.72 at 105.23mph 60' was 2.33 1/8 9.02 at 82.3 mph. My weak point is still my 60' gotta get that down and 3rd gear has me stumped, but I love the new power. Just wish I could hit the track more than twice a year.

HR Cams/BBK UDP's/UPR LCA's SCT 3 91 Tune 302RWHP/311TQ
post #64 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 09:37 PM

13.88 all stock.
post #65 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 10:11 PM

Garage
First time ever on a drag strip tonight with the Bullitt - I'm REALLY RUSTY, but pretty pleased with the time slip-

2.27 - 60ft time (not great; lots of wheel hop)
9.145 - 1/8 mile ET
81.41 - 1/8 mile MPH
13.983 - 1/4 mile ET
104.97 - 1/4 mile MPH

Seems like an unusually high trap speed, so I'm hoping with a good launch, and quick shifting, and staying off the rev limiter, I've still got 3-4 tenths left in it.

Car is completely stock, drivetrain-wise; the only performance mod is a rear sway bar upgrade, which doesn't affect anything here.

A friend of mine was there with me in his Challenger R/T, and put in a best ET of 14.3.

08 Bullitt 5389 13 Fiat 500 Abarth 00 Roush Cougar 03 SVT Focus 2370
post #66 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3NN3TT View Post
First time ever on a drag strip tonight with the Bullitt - I'm REALLY RUSTY, but pretty pleased with the time slip-

2.27 - 60ft time (not great; lots of wheel hop)
9.145 - 1/8 mile ET
81.41 - 1/8 mile MPH
13.983 - 1/4 mile ET
104.97 - 1/4 mile MPH

Seems like an unusually high trap speed, so I'm hoping with a good launch, and quick shifting, and staying off the rev limiter, I've still got 3-4 tenths left in it.

Car is completely stock, drivetrain-wise; the only performance mod is a rear sway bar upgrade, which doesn't affect anything here.

A friend of mine was there with me in his Challenger R/T, and put in a best ET of 14.3.
That looks about right. My mph is typically 104-106 mph (stock also). You should definitely be able to get another .3 to .4 out of it. My best 60' time was actually when I left without any wheelspin. I always tried to make sure I never spun the wheels when I had stock lower control arms on it so I didn't get wheel hop. I just put control arms (upper and lower) on it earlier this year. It's done nothing to speed up my quarter mile times, but it doesn't wheel hop any more.

'08 Bullitt DHG #4492
'68 Cougar 289/4-speed
post #67 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 05:58 PM

Garage
Good. I have a set of Steeda tubular control arms sitting in the garage that I need to install, apparently...

post #68 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3NN3TT View Post
Good. I have a set of Steeda tubular control arms sitting in the garage that I need to install, apparently...
If you're just doing the lowers then it's a pretty easy and quick job. My intention is to eventually get a one piece driveshaft, a driveshaft loop and slicks. I'm hoping that's all it will take to get a 12 out of it.

'08 Bullitt DHG #4492
'68 Cougar 289/4-speed
post #69 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 07:06 PM

Garage
I have both the upper and the lowers. But I might just pop the lowers on first and see how it responds; if I'm still having bad wheel hop, I'll go back in and do the UCA as well.

post #70 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 11:52 AM

Super BullittHead

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=821272081250646 .Just found this from the summer. This is an off idle clutch dump with bad second gear spin. Trying my best to grab some traction on the street rubber. 2.14 60ft, 8.75 1/8m @ 83.62 mph. The 1/4m lights were down.
goodgollyjosh likes this.

2008 BLK #1598, Hot Rod Cams, KOOKs LTs, Catted H, CMDP, UDP, JLT Gen 3, SCT X4, KR 5230s, Barton Shifter, Eibach Pros, Steeda LCAs, UCA, Pan hard, Rad support, Sway bar relocate, BMR Lower Relocates, SHR tail panel, Lower Grill inserts, Tri bar Grill, Raxiom Gen 5 Tails, Shorty Antenna, Dasilva Tuned 341rwhp 333rwtq
post #71 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 12:24 PM
Supporting Member

Garage
Made a couple of passes this weekend. She went a best of 12.72 @ 115 mph and 2.1 60 ft. with a .2 reaction time.

In cab

Track view

'08 HG #4643 Built by Wayne Akers Ford. M90 Roushcharger, 2.57" blower Pulley, Roush CIA, Roush 90mm idler pulley, 38 lb. injectors, BBR 93 dyno tune, SLP muffler deletes, Roush short throw, 1" drop Hyperco springs, Steeda adjustable UCA and strut mounts, 285/40 Nitto 555R's stuffed on the factory rear wheels (I know, I know), 426whp. 12.72@115
post #72 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 12:31 PM

Question

Hi Josh,

Looking and sounding good ^^^^^ Big-Guy.

Nice videos also ..............

Say where were you at making those passes at the drag-strip ???

I have a buddy or so that live in San Antonio, TX and they have been in the past to a drag-strip close by.

I am wondering if that is where you did your thing near San Antonio ???

Nice times buddy.

Terry

Brenspeed Talks About the "tiger-machine" being a Long Term Project and Dream Car.

and

http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-brenspeed-talks-about-long-term-projects-and-dream-cars/

post #73 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 01:56 PM
Supporting Member

Garage
Thanks Terry! The passes were made at San Antonio Raceway in Marion, Tx. It is out on I-10, east of S.A. about a dozen miles outside the city limits. We use to have a drag strip in town called Alamo Dragway but a guy died out there and they closed the place down about 15 years ago. This place in Marion is great though. It actually closed down a couple of years ago too but was bought by this real forward-thinking guy named Lain Grae, sort of a funky hippy-type millionaire. Real down to earth though, he was out there this weekend, hands-on sort of fellow. Anyway, hoping to keep working on the B and get her down to mid-low 12's

'08 HG #4643 Built by Wayne Akers Ford. M90 Roushcharger, 2.57" blower Pulley, Roush CIA, Roush 90mm idler pulley, 38 lb. injectors, BBR 93 dyno tune, SLP muffler deletes, Roush short throw, 1" drop Hyperco springs, Steeda adjustable UCA and strut mounts, 285/40 Nitto 555R's stuffed on the factory rear wheels (I know, I know), 426whp. 12.72@115
post #74 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 02:17 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgollyjosh View Post
Thanks Terry! The passes were made at San Antonio Raceway in Marion, Tx. It is out on I-10, east of S.A. about a dozen miles outside the city limits. We use to have a drag strip in town called Alamo Dragway but a guy died out there and they closed the place down about 15 years ago. This place in Marion is great though. It actually closed down a couple of years ago too but was bought by this real forward-thinking guy named Lain Grae, sort of a funky hippy-type millionaire. Real down to earth though, he was out there this weekend, hands-on sort of fellow. Anyway, hoping to keep working on the B and get her down to mid-low 12's
Josh,

I'm going to try my best to visit some buddies in San Antonio this year.
So maybe we can go over to that strip and make a few passes.
Just something to do ...........

Thanks for the info.

Terry

and

post #75 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 02:44 PM

Hi Josh,

Nice times and excellent videos.
I like what you've done with your car too!

I've been to the San Antonio Raceway many times, mostly as a spectator.
I did make a few passes over a decade ago in my 1999 Mustang but at that time you couldn't drive around the water box, so my times sucked what with wet street tires.

Never did race my Bullitt there.

Maybe one of these days I'll take my Mercedes AMG monster down the strip now that I know there is a new owner of the place and that it is open again.

If Terry ever does make it down to San Antonio we can have a blast at the strip, racing and watching.
As I remember the hot dogs were good there as well.

Cheers,
Tom

tigerhonaker likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode