5Likes
  • 4 Post By nelsonbullitt
  • 1 Post By WMUCarGuy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Disappointing day at Milan, Michigan

Well, my fellow Bullittheads.

I was in the Detroit metro area and brought my '11 all the way from Houghton, Michigan to Milan dragway Friday night.

On the way the temp hit 93 on my car thermometer and threatened rain. Though it was in the mid to higher 80s for racing.

Probably have a dozen timeslips. Raced using the Nitto 555 drag radials 305 18s.

Tried all kinds of stuff. Finally the last race of the day I hit 11.71@121 mph. That's after turning my Tokicos to 3 from 7(soft). I was not thinking very good: I had them turned to soft in the rear!

I could not drop the clutch from the start so had to slightly granny it out of the hole. Could I have hit my goal of 10s? (any 10s, like 10.99), maybe. But probably with a different driver!

By the time I crossed the line and looked down I was going an easy 130+MPH. Now I know why faster cars have parachutes!

The problem was magnified by having to shift into 5th before crossing the finish line.

Again it dawned on me. The automatic trans is unbeatable for drag racing.

BTW, I never power shifted.

The rain stopped me from fine tuning.

I also saw Greg there with his 2015 Mustang. THAT was worth the trip.

Former owner of 6010.
2011 Mustang GT
Mods: JBA ss ceramic coated 1 7/8 headers with HF cats and stock axlebacks. Roush 2300 TVS supercharger with upgraded fuel delivery (47lb injectors, boost-a-pump, H0 plugs). Dyno'd 591 RWHP(w/stock exhaust). Boss oil cooler. Exedy 500 clutch w/billit steel flywheel. Whiteline rear LCAs, Tokico D-spec adjustable shocks/struts, BMR watts link and relocation brackets. Ford Racing "P" springs. DS shop carbon fiber driveshaft.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 03:24 PM

Monster BullittHead

Garage
Milan isn't known for being a particularly fast strip.
DavidMidgley likes this.

2008 Mustang Bullitt #2065
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Fond memories at Milan.

I hope the old man performance car I end up with I end up liking as much as the 2011 Mustang.

The Mustang is simply a fantastic car. But with the reserve met on ebay, I guess it will be gone... a few hours left.

I drove a 2013 SHO Taurus with the performance pack. Runs good. Soft, smooth, automatic transmission. With a tune, 400 AWHP which is pretty good for v6.

My left foot might like a car like that but the driver in me is wants a clutch and rear wheel drive.

Former owner of 6010.
2011 Mustang GT
Mods: JBA ss ceramic coated 1 7/8 headers with HF cats and stock axlebacks. Roush 2300 TVS supercharger with upgraded fuel delivery (47lb injectors, boost-a-pump, H0 plugs). Dyno'd 591 RWHP(w/stock exhaust). Boss oil cooler. Exedy 500 clutch w/billit steel flywheel. Whiteline rear LCAs, Tokico D-spec adjustable shocks/struts, BMR watts link and relocation brackets. Ford Racing "P" springs. DS shop carbon fiber driveshaft.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 01:17 PM
Supporting Member

One last outing with an old friend...good on ya!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 12:57 PM

PY-Like BullittHead

Sounds like you had fun. Good luck selecting your next ride!

TB Bullitt #5019

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode