Bullitt Detailed and DD's with 315's!! - IMBOC
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Detailed and DD's with 315's!!

Here's a short detailing writeup with pics after I finished. I fell slightly short because I didn't take pics as I went because I didn't wanna get the camera dirty, but I'll do a short writeup anyway. I did a detail on it about 2 weeks ago, but it was my first time with the Porter Cable and I didn't use an aggressive enough pad, and there were still swirls that I found the next day. I have gotten a few cars worth of practice over the last few weeks and I have been so busy, but finally got some time today to strip the car to bare paint and start over. This time I used halogen lights to check for swirls and I got them all out. I also just mounted my 17x10.5 DD Bullitts and 315's!! Enjoy

Wheels:
CG Diablo Wheel Gel 3:1
CG Citrus W+G
Detailed Image EZ wheel brush
CG Small wheel brush

Wash:
Dawn Dish Soap (to strip wax) - let dwell for 5 min, then rinse
CG Citrus W+G
CG Soft Wooly wash mitt (amazing)

Clay:
CG Medium Clay
CG Luber (just bought a gallon, thank god)

Correction:
CG Scratch & Swirl Remover/Orange Hexlogic
ClearKote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze/White Hexlogic
Porter Cable 7424xp

Protection:
Chemical Guys E-Zyme wax by hand (won it in recent CG contest!)

Plastic,Tires, and Trim:
CG Silk Shine Dressing
Meguires Hot Tire Shine

Metal:
Flitz Metal Polish

Again, I don't have any progress pics, but here's the finals. They aren't the best pics, Next time I'll have my buddy take some pics while I do the detail.

2001 DHG Bullitt - #4113 Paxton Novi 2000, 3.25" pulley, CXRacing FMIC, Vortech MiniRace BPV, Aviator pump, 39lb Cobra inj, KB 20amp BAP, VMP HPX MAF, Borla Stingers, Bassani catted x-pipe, MM c/c plates, MM front coilovers w/Hypercoil 250lb springs, Bilstein HD's, Built '03 Cobra IRS, FRPP 4.10 gears, Billetflow IRS brace, RotorPros rotors & Hawk CP pads, 18x9 & 18x10 Bullitts, 315 Toyo R888's 404 rwhp / 398 rwtq - tuned by Kevin Hand @ Wicked Motorsports
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Spectacular!!!LUV the 315's gives it "The Look" AWESOME...
Franks Partner likes this.

Bulldog's Bullitt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 HG Bullitt #5551
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 08:36 PM

Mega BullittHead

Yup very impressive!! Looks awesome man.

"1 of 23" built for Canada...

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 09:19 PM

Monster BullittHead

Wow! Looks Great! Ive been trying to find time to detail mine up real nice for the past 2 weeks. I think you just motivated me to clean mine up tomorrow

The 315's look awesome. Im running 295's but Im definitely going with 315's next time.

Great job!

What kind of springs are you running?

2001 BULLITT Mustang #1639
Eaton Build, Specs, & Parts list:

post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 10:01 PM

Mega BullittHead

I have the same rear tire/wheel set up and I love it.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Car Whisperer

very nice!!!!!!

1996 SVT Cobra
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 11:13 PM
Charles

GONE TO PLAID!

Beautiful job!!

post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 12:11 AM

You Broke the Server!

Talking

DAM awesome!!!

Mike
THE GEEZER.
KB Powered 417 rwhp 472ft lbs tq.

Gotta love the whine

post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 01:37 AM

BullittHead

man i need some rear wheels bad lookin mean!! gonna wash mine tomorrow morning a nice clay and wax

post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 01:56 AM Thread Starter

Mega BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_PiG
Wow! Looks Great! Ive been trying to find time to detail mine up real nice for the past 2 weeks. I think you just motivated me to clean mine up tomorrow

The 315's look awesome. Im running 295's but Im definitely going with 315's next time.

Great job!

What kind of springs are you running?
Same springs as you buddy, stockers cut 1 coil. You were my inspiration hahah!

2001 DHG Bullitt - #4113 Paxton Novi 2000, 3.25" pulley, CXRacing FMIC, Vortech MiniRace BPV, Aviator pump, 39lb Cobra inj, KB 20amp BAP, VMP HPX MAF, Borla Stingers, Bassani catted x-pipe, MM c/c plates, MM front coilovers w/Hypercoil 250lb springs, Bilstein HD's, Built '03 Cobra IRS, FRPP 4.10 gears, Billetflow IRS brace, RotorPros rotors & Hawk CP pads, 18x9 & 18x10 Bullitts, 315 Toyo R888's 404 rwhp / 398 rwtq - tuned by Kevin Hand @ Wicked Motorsports
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 10:36 AM

PY-Like BullittHead

Damn, that looks really good!

Wanna do mine? #1986 hasn't has a polish or wax in probably 4 years. At least 3 for sure. Lots of swirl marks, water stains since I bought her 6.5 years ago, but has been regularly washed so she's pretty clean.

DHG Bullitt #1986 | non-running 1966 Fastback
Resident IMBOC ridiculer of Mustangs, Cars, and visual modifications.

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 11:34 AM

Monster BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt4113
Same springs as you buddy, stockers cut 1 coil. You were my inspiration hahah!
Ha! Came out looking good. Ive got the itch here lately. I want mine a tad bit lower.

2001 BULLITT Mustang #1639
Eaton Build, Specs, & Parts list:

post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 08:35 PM

PY-Like BullittHead

Garage
Looks awesome..............Nothing better than a shiney Bullitt........Love using Flitz metal polish.......Use to work at a car wash years ago and they would use Flitz on wheels when guys would use the wrong cleaner on certain wheels.......Haven't the need to use the polish lately, but couldn't find it locally for sale anyway......

Frank T
2001 DHG #4507 Bullitt-former owner
1968 Mustang Coupe-Gulfstream Aqua(sold)
1990 Mustang LX 5.0 7-up convertible
Tri-County Mustangs
Camarillo, CA

post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 02:22 AM Thread Starter

Mega BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronkie1
Looks awesome..............Nothing better than a shiney Bullitt........Love using Flitz metal polish.......Use to work at a car wash years ago and they would use Flitz on wheels when guys would use the wrong cleaner on certain wheels.......Haven't the need to use the polish lately, but couldn't find it locally for sale anyway......
Yea the Flitz polish was really hard to find. I found it down in Savannah at Ace Hardware while I was a school. It was a pleasant surprise.

post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 09:29 AM

PY-Like BullittHead

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt4113
Yea the Flitz polish was really hard to find. I found it down in Savannah at Ace Hardware while I was a school. It was a pleasant surprise.
Michael:I thought I saw a ad for it a year or so ago on tv.....I just did a Google search and its available online.....www.flitz-polish.com Good to know its still available....Once again your Bullitt looks great......

Frank T
2001 DHG #4507 Bullitt-former owner
1968 Mustang Coupe-Gulfstream Aqua(sold)
1990 Mustang LX 5.0 7-up convertible
Tri-County Mustangs
Camarillo, CA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode