Murder Snake, incomplete build at TimSpeed (poor man's Brenspeed) coverage - Page 78 - IMBOC
 29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1156 of 1171 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 11:08 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
Thanx again guys!!!

well, Gyorgy, NightSnake, brought over this morning his old (but not very old as they were relatively new when he switched them out for a set of Taylor's) set of Wagner plug wires. I have been reluctant to blame the wires since they are (looked it up in my log) about 3 years old. Ford Racing, good quality wires, 9mm I think.

switched out for the wagner factory replacement and stumble appears to be gone. ran around for a bit and not once did it do it. I did nothing else since yesterday so it had to be a bad wire. I considered just doing one side at a time so I would know or be able to narrow down which one was bad, but then realized quickly, didn't matter as I could not buy just one ford racing wire to replace it. so for now, will leave these on, make sure it doesn't come back and then find a suitable replacement so NightSnake can have his spare set back.
all and all....good, good to put the new plugs in and the new filter so all is well for the moment...should I say that?????
Glad to see it appears to be fixed. I logged in yesterday and paid for and registered for my track say down at Homestead. looking forward to stretching the B's legs a little and seeing how my brother does on the track.. stay warm and safe my friend hope to see you guys over at TimSpeed soon.
Serpent likes this.

Bullitt 3130 has a few modifications , JLT CAI, 3.73 gears, BMR rear lower control arms, TimSpeed performance Custom rear upper control arms, Traenkner Bros Performance rear shock tower brace, SCT 93 octane Tune, Silverhorse Racing oil catch can, and an teenage(13) female Mechanic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So let me know what you need..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1157 of 1171 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

Thanx Ed!!! have to get together for sure!!! have a wonderful and safe time in Homestead!

1996 SVT Cobra
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

post #1158 of 1171 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 02:27 PM

Thumbs up

Hi Tim,

I read the above post ^^^ and it reads that everything is now back in order once again.

I'm glad as it has turned out it was actually something straight forward !!!

Nice going,
Terry

Something New Coming in April 2017 ...

post #1159 of 1171 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

Thanx!

ordered a new set of Summitt wires for the car so I can return NightSnake's to him, hopefully, this week.

1996 SVT Cobra

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

post #1160 of 1171 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

Summit wires came in last week. on they went and the loaners were returned. even came with some new wire looms to tie things down a bit more. all is good.......for now!!!
FarmerDon likes this.

1996 SVT Cobra

post #1161 of 1171 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 01:11 AM

Cool

Quote:
Summit wires came in last week. on they went and the loaners were returned. even came with some new wire looms to tie things down a bit more. all is good.......for now!!!
Tim,

I'm glad everything is once again back to normal.

Terry

Something New Coming in April 2017 ...

post #1162 of 1171 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Glad to see all is good. stay safe my friend and hope to see you soon
Serpent likes this.

Bullitt 3130 has a few modifications , JLT CAI, 3.73 gears, BMR rear lower control arms, TimSpeed performance Custom rear upper control arms, Traenkner Bros Performance rear shock tower brace, SCT 93 octane Tune, Silverhorse Racing oil catch can, and an teenage(13) female Mechanic.

post #1163 of 1171 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

Thanx guys!!!

1996 SVT Cobra

post #1164 of 1171 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

Snake has new scales to crawl on at all 4 corners. General GMax, front, 255's and Nitto nt05's, 315 on the rear.

1996 SVT Cobra

post #1165 of 1171 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Snake has new scales to crawl on at all 4 corners. General GMax, front, 255's and Nitto nt05's, 315 on the rear.
very cool let me know how you like them..

post #1166 of 1171 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

2nd set of the nittos. love those. first time on the generals.

1996 SVT Cobra

post #1167 of 1171 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

tire place I use did a good job of barely making any marks on the plasti dip so not much touch up was necessary. good to go. next up, need to get my lower front stock replacement control arms and tie rod ends installed so I can get it aligned. probably not going to try this by myself in the driveway.

1996 SVT Cobra

post #1168 of 1171 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

today, the shop was open again, (after the long day on Saturday on the new horse in the stable. my son's mustang got the MAC dual exhaust setup. that took all day literally. my back, neck and shoulders were screaming by the end. getting too old for this under car stuff).

so, of course, back under my car today for the Steeda 1.375 front tubular sway bar, new bushings and new polyurethane end link bushings on my car. the old Cobra front bar will go on the son's 6'er and soon the extra back sway bar I have had laying around will go on his car too (the 6'er doesn't have a rear sway bar on it from the factory). have to adjust the exhaust I put on, since, as usual, after some driving, stuff has shifted a bit and we have one bang going on at certain times.

so more of the on the ground work to be done yet on his car. then a new serpentine belt and a change in coolant and thermostat for the 6'er is in order.

1996 SVT Cobra

post #1169 of 1171 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

I must add, what a great experience purchasing the MAC exhaust system and the pypes hanger kit for my son's 6er mustang, from American Muscle was. their recommendation on the system and to get the pypes hanger kit was spot on. the fit on the MAC system was about as perfect as it can get and the install went oh so much easier with the pypes hanger kit. no way I could have done it as easily as I did (not easy on me laying on my back all that time, but no fault of the kit or the hangers, just a tedious job) without that hanger kit.

I have had nothing but great service from American Muscle, even on returns. they always do the right thing and have always treated me great. they and Late Model Restoration are my two favorite mustang parts suppliers, both due to their customer service. you can buy parts from anybody, but to be treated like you are a valuable customer, to be appreciated, that makes the difference in who you deal with.
tigerhonaker and Doheny like this.

1996 SVT Cobra

post #1170 of 1171 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 03:57 PM

its great to see he 6er getting some work done. I received my Maximum Motorsport CC plates but have been a little to busy to install them on the Bullitt.. but may have it done on Sunday out at the remote location. also got the exhaust manifold for the 440 and may get to that as well as the Oil catch can install on Pandora. but this weekend my car is first. Saturday Pandora will be making more runs at the Firm up in Starke. I am not making the trip this time going to spend some time with the Mechanic. but he got the numbers from his full length headers and the HP was 269 at the rear wheels and 315 torque. not bad. we shall see what's next after the track day. keep the wrenches turning my friend.. have also been working on the 5 new chevy shop trucks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode