Hot Wheels of the Day - Page 2 - IMBOC
 32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 6775 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid Life Crisis #388
I have over 4,000 hotwheels in the garage somewhere. Inlaws have probably over 20,000 and are still going strong. We stopped back in 2001.
Holy Cow! When I run through my collection, you can take over control of this thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bullitt #4003 - Dark Highland Green & 2015 Premium GT - Guard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 6775 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt 736
Cool! Keep 'em coming Greg. I have around 50 left from when I was 9-13 years old. That makes them 40 years old or so.
Charles, I think we are about the same age; my Dad would not buy Hot Wheels for me back then, said I was too old. I made up for it though

Greg

post #18 of 6775 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Just think how jammed up this thread would get if we all posted one Hot Wheel pic a day? Come to think I have yet to count up my collection. More than likely not as big as some of yours.

a.k.a. Hoosier Daddy a.k.a. Eco-Bullitt, Save Water

I'm sorry you find my normal behavior inappropriate.

post #19 of 6775 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 07:56 PM

You Broke the Server!

Location: The RGV. Home of the ORIGINAL primitive screwheads.
I still buy them, but nothing like I use to. I only buy muscle cars, some motorcycles or hot rods. None of those toilets or lawn mower ones or any that are cartoonish.

2001 DHG Bullitt. Bought new on 9-29-01. 4.10 gears, drilled and slotted rotors. 9" front and 10.5 rear black Bullitt rims. GT fog lights and Mach 1 chin spoiler. SR lowering springs, JLT Ram Air, Webtronics sequentials, MRT hood struts, MSD c.o.p.s

post #20 of 6775 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 08:41 PM

Very cool Greg!!! I m looking foward to seeing more of what you have. My collection is pretty miniscule to you boys I have at most 100.

Thanks for sharing!!!!

Jeff

Some may ask, why the Mayhem name? Beyond my 2001 Bullitt I also own a 2012 performance pack V-6 "Mayhem" edition mustang

Also the co-owner of 3250 a 2001 True Blue Bullitt - Well I really just get to clean it often and drive it occasionally.

Jeff

When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour. "T.E. Lawrence"

post #21 of 6775 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Friend of IMBOC

cry....

before hotwheels existed, as a kid in the 60s I used to collect Matchbox...
mostly the antique auto collection...and had tons...as well as numerous first gen hotwheels...

Then my kids discovered my packed away hoard and set out to use them at a rate and level I never imagined...and after surviving unscathed for over 30 years, they were soon molested to the point of being tossed...

I now see some examples on Ebay of ones I owned going for some serious coin...

so....treasure your collections!!

And by the by...
what is with the change in name Jeff?
Although I am a fan of the Mayhem commercials...
post #22 of 6775 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Supporting Member

One of my neighborhood friends studying Engineering worked for Mattel as part of a college work-study program in the late 1960s. He brought home boxes and boxes of ones that were 'rejected' by Quality Control. We couldn't even tell why they were rejected. All were redlines and I'm sure many of them would be worth a fortune today. Of course, we used them for target practice. They don't look very good after being hit by a .22!

If anyone has any from that era, I'd love to see some pics. I might even be able to remember some of them. Just don't tell me what they are worth...

In any event, keep them coming. I don't have a clue what they made between the 60s and today.

No Scoops...No Spoilers...No Stripes...oh my!
post #23 of 6775 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 10:09 PM

You Broke the Server!

Location: The RGV. Home of the ORIGINAL primitive screwheads.
Kurt, weren't there some by the Nesley brand or something? I remember they were like 1/43 scale and doors/hoods opened. I don't think Nesley is the correct spelling as it didn't come up in Google.

****Edit**** It's Lesney Toys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesney_Products

2001 DHG Bullitt. Bought new on 9-29-01. 4.10 gears, drilled and slotted rotors. 9" front and 10.5 rear black Bullitt rims. GT fog lights and Mach 1 chin spoiler. SR lowering springs, JLT Ram Air, Webtronics sequentials, MRT hood struts, MSD c.o.p.s

Last edited by Deuce; 11-05-2011 at 11:04 PM.
post #24 of 6775 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

November 6, 2011

Greg

post #25 of 6775 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLITT3230
cry....

before hotwheels existed, as a kid in the 60s I used to collect Matchbox...
mostly the antique auto collection...and had tons...as well as numerous first gen hotwheels...

Then my kids discovered my packed away hoard and set out to use them at a rate and level I never imagined...and after surviving unscathed for over 30 years, they were soon molested to the point of being tossed...

I now see some examples on Ebay of ones I owned going for some serious coin...

so....treasure your collections!!

And by the by...
what is with the change in name Jeff?
Although I am a fan of the Mayhem commercials...
I ordered a 2012 V6 back in august and did a bunch of research on how I wanted it built and after I had put in the order I discovered that Ford had done some dingy name the new V6 performance pack on Facebook. Well out of something like 2000 facebook entries they wound up on calling it the Mayhem package.

SO I figured why not just step into it and wound up changing my screen name to Mayhem.

Check out my link on the car. Recent order - after ten years this will my first new car

By the way one of the entries was called the Big Package! I cannot imagine why Ford did not choose that one?!

Some may ask, why the Mayhem name? Beyond my 2001 Bullitt I also own a 2012 performance pack V-6 "Mayhem" edition mustang

Also the co-owner of 3250 a 2001 True Blue Bullitt - Well I really just get to clean it often and drive it occasionally.

Jeff

When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour. "T.E. Lawrence"

post #26 of 6775 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 12:53 AM
Friend of IMBOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBullitt
Kurt, weren't there some by the Nesley brand or something? I remember they were like 1/43 scale and doors/hoods opened. I don't think Nesley is the correct spelling as it didn't come up in Google.

****Edit**** It's Lesney Toys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesney_Products
yup, Matchbox was made by Lesney, and I had just about everyone in the antique series, cars trains and others...about 50 of them.
I am really crying now...
Another series I collected were Corgi.
I actually do still have my Chitty Chitty Bang Bang...
But I also had a Corgi James Bond Aston Martin DB5...did all sorts of fancy stuff...ejection seat, pop up rear bullet shield and bumper machine guns....just looked on Ebay and that puppy turns out to be rare and one is selling for 2400!!!
GACK!!

This thread is bringing me to tears!!!!!!
post #27 of 6775 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 01:39 AM

Kurt, does this Aston Martin on e-bay still have the passenger for the ejector seat? The price skyrockets if so.

a.k.a. Hoosier Daddy a.k.a. Eco-Bullitt, Save Water

I'm sorry you find my normal behavior inappropriate.

post #28 of 6775 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Friend of IMBOC

yup....all original...

Man...who would have ever thought the toys we played with would be worth so much...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CORGI-270-JA...item45fdb46fcb
post #29 of 6775 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Charles

GONE TO PLAID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt4003
Charles, I think we are about the same age; my Dad would not buy Hot Wheels for me back then, said I was too old. I made up for it though
I thought I was hot stuff when they came out. They started with 12 and it wasn't too long until I had them all. Still have quite a few of them.

post #30 of 6775 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 07:37 PM

PY-Like BullittHead

Smile

Hot Wheels, Fun to collect for a $1.00 or so, but can add up. I have a lot in orig. bubble packs, on (2) cool framed slotted displays that stacks them. And some in (2) boxes of them stuffed in orig shipping cases. Also have some in shoe boxes open that were my Sons back in the mid '70's, didn't throw many away.
PS: I'm too old to have had any HW's when I was A kid, they came out in about '68. I have what was called DINKY Toys die cast cars in the '50's made in England that I still have.

"Beer is proof God Loves us and wants us to be Happy" ~ Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Bullistic; 11-06-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode