TimSpeed: 1967 Olds Cutlass Build - Page 2 - IMBOC
 71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 02:45 PM
Friend of IMBOC

I have a high quality xenon tube inductive timing light...and an old Penske engine anaylzer...does a thousand things but for which I only used it for dwell!
I assume it still works, but instructions long gone..... both vintage 70's units...
Also have various size distributer wrenches (at least used to, but those too are boxed up for me as well...have to go dig).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Banned

Tim,this Is A Good Thing For You And Son.those Cars Were One Of My Favorites.

Keep Us Up To Date.

Thanks
post #18 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnixon
Tim,this Is A Good Thing For You And Son.those Cars Were One Of My Favorites.

Keep Us Up To Date.

Thanks
Thanx Bob.. will do. I can tell you one thing...this is not going to be a restoration project...it will be a modification and repair project. black car, some kind of chrome rims, stereo, suspension mods, appearance mods, gauges, probably bucket seats and console, shoulder harnesses (I am not going to settle for plain ole seatbelts for him and his friends and family.

1996 SVT Cobra
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

post #19 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 04:53 PM

You Broke the Server!

Location: The RGV. Home of the ORIGINAL primitive screwheads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBit
thanx everyone, he is only 14 so no daily driver or driving at all for awhile. just work or should I say teaching and work. gotta break out some old tools if I still have them...timing light, dwell meter, distributor wrench and assorted other stuff that hasn't been used in years.
Definitely go with the Pertronix electonic ignition module. I put it on my 66 Lemans and it made a world of difference. I got sick and tired of adjusting points (by the way, I have several of those wrenches if you want one.)

2001 DHG Bullitt. Bought new on 9-29-01. 4.10 gears, drilled and slotted rotors. 9" front and 10.5 rear black Bullitt rims. GT fog lights and Mach 1 chin spoiler. SR lowering springs, JLT Ram Air, Webtronics sequentials, MRT hood struts, MSD c.o.p.s

post #20 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce
Definitely go with the Pertronix electonic ignition module. I put it on my 66 Lemans and it made a world of difference. I got sick and tired of adjusting points (by the way, I have several of those wrenches if you want one.)
one of the tools I am going to look for...that spring hex head for the points, but will probably do what you said since it will make things much easier for my son and for me, besides, better performance. I have not installed one of those before, but can't imagine much to it.

1996 SVT Cobra

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

post #21 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Sweet looking Olds Tim. Hope you and your son have a blast in restoring the car. And yes, frequent updates would be fine. We are gearheads after all.

a.k.a. Hoosier Daddy a.k.a. Eco-Bullitt, Save Water

I'm sorry you find my normal behavior inappropriate.

post #22 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 06:05 PM

PY-Like BullittHead

Too bad gas is so expensive, otherwise a 455 would fit just fine.
post #23 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue02058
Too bad gas is so expensive, otherwise a 455 would fit just fine.
true, not only the gas, but a teenager with a 455 in it.......not in the future as far as I am concerned!!!!! the ole 330 with a 2brl is fine for him lol!!!!!!!!

actually, if there ever was an engine swap, would go with an LS motor to get all the latest technology and fuel injection with one of the trannys to go with it. better everything at that point.

1996 SVT Cobra

post #24 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 08:50 PM

You Broke the Server!

Location: The RGV. Home of the ORIGINAL primitive screwheads.
Quote:
...I have not installed one of those before, but can't imagine much to it.
I always say...if I can do it, anybody can do it! If I remember correctly, it's just a little module that screws in where the points were.

If you can't find that tool, pm me. I'm pretty sure I've got a couple in my tool box somewhere. I'll mail it to you.

2001 DHG Bullitt. Bought new on 9-29-01. 4.10 gears, drilled and slotted rotors. 9" front and 10.5 rear black Bullitt rims. GT fog lights and Mach 1 chin spoiler. SR lowering springs, JLT Ram Air, Webtronics sequentials, MRT hood struts, MSD c.o.p.s

post #25 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 10:06 AM

Garage
Quote:
funny you should say that.....one of the reasons why he likes 4 doors is that he could take his friends with him and not have to move a seat to get them in.
Kinda makes me feel selfish. I never wanted anything but a two door so that I didn't have to share my ride with others......silly, as most of my buddies had cars that were way better than what I was driving.

Of course he is like twenty generations younger than I. Different world.

My name is David J. Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me that. You can call me David. Or you can call me David J. Or you can call me David Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me David J. Midgley....
post #26 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMidgley
Kinda makes me feel selfish. I never wanted anything but a two door so that I didn't have to share my ride with others......silly, as most of my buddies had cars that were way better than what I was driving.

Of course he is like twenty generations younger than I. Different world.
true, but, I know, you will say "what else would a Dad say..." but he really is a nice sweet guy and not nearly as selfish as a lot of kids these days. He doesn't display the sense of entitlement that not only children now display, but adults as well. the car was my idea to do with him and he obviously is and has been excited but if I told him I was using the money to fix the Snake....he would be fine with it and tell me he understands. didn't bother to ask him.....I already know what he would say and I would not go back on my word.

1996 SVT Cobra

post #27 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

got notified by the seller....car is loaded and on it's way and will be here Friday.

1996 SVT Cobra

post #28 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 10:55 PM

Garage
WooHoo!

Time to drag out the 442 advertisements from days of yore and see if there isn't a custom paint job that would echo something the General did back in the day. You know, a fitting tribute to the old muscle car and yet tasteful.

My name is David J. Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me that. You can call me David. Or you can call me David J. Or you can call me David Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me David J. Midgley....
post #29 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

it's here!!!!!!!!! came today about 10:30am. It seems to have a fuel leak and it may need a fuel pump or carb rebuild as it won't stay running. acts like it is running out of fuel. need to check around for the best stuff to throw in the tank to clean it and I am sure it has really old gas in it. put some in, but hard with the gas can I have and the fill is behind the license plate in the back bumper so can't get much of a downward angle on it to put the gas in.

interior is in suprising good shape; headliner is perfect, dash pad is near perfect, has a/c but not hooked up. I was wrong in the mileage...only has 59K on it!!!!!!

seller included the used a arm, the driver's side. it is really bad.

anyway on to the pics:

as it arrived on the semi:

off of the ramps and semi:

back to the house:

my son in the driver's seat for the first time.

He had and has no clue how to do anything, even had a hard time opening the doors (you have to push the button in, he was just yanking on the door handle!!!) very large learning curve coming ahead.

1996 SVT Cobra

post #30 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
it's here!!!!!!!!! came today about 10:30am. It seems to have a fuel leak and it may need a fuel pump or carb rebuild as it won't stay running. acts like it is running out of fuel. need to check around for the best stuff to throw in the tank to clean it and I am sure it has really old gas in it. put some in, but hard with the gas can I have and the fill is behind the license plate in the back bumper so can't get much of a downward angle on it to put the gas in.

interior is in suprising good shape; headliner is perfect, dash pad is near perfect, has a/c but not hooked up. I was wrong in the mileage...only has 59K on it!!!!!!

seller included the used a arm, the driver's side. it is really bad.

anyway on to the pics:

as it arrived on the semi:

off of the ramps and semi:

back to the house:

my son in the driver's seat for the first time.

He had and has no clue how to do anything, even had a hard time opening the doors (you have to push the button in, he was just yanking on the door handle!!!) very large learning curve coming ahead.
looks great love the thing about the door handle.... its been so long since those type of handles... he will learn and I know you will enjoy teaching him... looking forward to seeing it run..

Bullitt 3130 has a few modifications , JLT CAI, 3.73 gears, BMR rear lower control arms, TimSpeed performance Custom rear upper control arms, Traenkner Bros Performance rear shock tower brace, SCT 93 octane Tune, Silverhorse Racing oil catch can, and an teenage(13) female Mechanic.

So let me know what you need..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode