TimSpeed: 1967 Olds Cutlass Build - Page 24 - IMBOC
 71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #346 of 349 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 11:13 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Garage
HAHAHA!!!

It's okay about the Anniversary edition. Not a whole lot of thunder, or rain to it. Just some lightning flash in the pan for "good looks".

The 40th Anniversary Mustang (stolen from CJ Pony Parts)

There is some confusion about what exactly constitutes a 40th Anniversary Mustang. All pony cars released in the 2004 model year received special fender badging — on top of that, however, was an optional 40th Anniversary package available for both the base model and the GT.

Here’s what you got by purchasing the optional upgrade:

Exterior: Most strikingly, the 40th Anniversary Mustang featured a prominent dual stripe across the hood and over the roof and tailgate. Because of this, the package could only be ordered on Black, Oxford White or Crimson Red colored-vehicles, the latter of which was exclusively available on the 40th Anniversary Mustang. Other exterior features included matching rocker stripes and upgraded wheels.

Interior: The 40th Anniversary Mustang got a deluxe parchment exterior that included brushed aluminum foot pedals, grey metallic inner door knobs and shifter bezel, and painted center console inserts.

Although the 40th Anniversary Mustang package didn’t offer anything new under the hood, it was still an attractive upgrade over the stock V6 or GT, and it sold well. In a way, the Anniversary Mustang ended up being somewhat of a last hurrah for the “New Edge” Mustangs, as it was just a year later that Ford introduced the all-new, retro-inspired fifth generation — a car that did more to honor the Mustang’s legacy than the previous year’s offerings.

For interested buyers, plenty of 40th Anniversary Mustangs can be found on the used car market today. Because their upgrades are exclusively cosmetic, generally they do not command much of a higher price than others of the same model year.
TrueBlue02058 likes this.

My name is David J. Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me that. You can call me David. Or you can call me David J. Or you can call me David Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me David J. Midgley....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #347 of 349 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

yep, that was one of the articles I read when I looked it up. this one is definitely not one of those, but still it is a nice car.
DavidMidgley likes this.

1996 SVT Cobra
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

post #348 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 11:33 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Garage
A very nice car imho. 260 hp V-8 in stock form, a little less torque than the 01 Bullitt. But pretty nice ride never the less!

My name is David J. Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me that. You can call me David. Or you can call me David J. Or you can call me David Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me David J. Midgley....

post #349 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

his is the v6...don't need any more power than that.

1996 SVT Cobra
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode