TimSpeed: 1967 Olds Cutlass Build - Page 3 - IMBOC
 71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

you mean it doesnt go in the garage...

Bullitt 3130 has a few modifications , JLT CAI, 3.73 gears, BMR rear lower control arms, TimSpeed performance Custom rear upper control arms, Traenkner Bros Performance rear shock tower brace, SCT 93 octane Tune, Silverhorse Racing oil catch can, and an teenage(13) female Mechanic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So let me know what you need..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 07:14 PM

Garage
HUH????

You mean he really had no idea about the button?

I think you need to get out the screw drivers and pliers first. Then graduate to the channel locks and finally ratchets and socket set. Have a couple small projects first, then move to the car. Just do some intro training on something like an old lawn mower, take it apart and reassemble it. It doesn't have to run, maybe a neighbor is throwing one away.

My name is David J. Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me that. You can call me David. Or you can call me David J. Or you can call me David Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me David J. Midgley....
post #33 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 09:11 PM

I got exited just seeing pictures of it coming off the truck. Can't imagine how much fun it was being there. Can't wait to see the progress.

'65 Mustang Coupe - 289 2V - 4 speed - 85K Original Miles
'01 DHG Bullitt 3402

post #34 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

stay tuned.......

1996 SVT Cobra
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

post #35 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 09:17 PM

Monster BullittHead

Very cool first car!

I can't wait to read all the stories. You're a great dad and I'm sure you'll make tons of memories in the process!

One of the best times in my life was when my dad took a 15 year old know-nothing kid and we did a motor swap on my '76 Camaro.

Chuck - 2001 Dark Highland Green Bullitt - SOLD 5/11/13.
post #36 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck01
Very cool first car!

I can't wait to read all the stories. You're a great dad and I'm sure you'll make tons of memories in the process!

One of the best times in my life was when my dad took a 15 year old know-nothing kid and we did a motor swap on my '76 Camaro.
that is very cool Chuck!!!

for Terry's machine...popcorn was the standard fare, for SnakeBit...rainsinettes, now for the Olds.....the TimSpeed crew recommends.............

Goobers!!!!

(that is, if you know what they are and those aren't available in your area....JuJuBe's)

1996 SVT Cobra

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

post #37 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 07:08 AM

Monster BullittHead

Goobers it is!! I'll stock up on them.

Chuck - 2001 Dark Highland Green Bullitt - SOLD 5/11/13.
post #38 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

1996 SVT Cobra

post #39 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 12:04 PM

You mind if I ask what shipping company you used? I'm looking at out of state cars and considering shipping. Thanks.

'01 DHG Bullitt 3402

post #40 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

the crew was back in action today...

here is the engine as it was at the time of the fuel pump removal

here is how it all started.....time for a new fuel pump

then the crew, had already replaced one vacuum line, the positive battery cable, then the first of many Gunk Engine Clean sessions....

end result....the car fired up after the fuel pump install and stayed running...not good as it needs a tune-up bad, but ran!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3rnNJGJuHo

(I don't know how to make the video show up on here, sorry)

1996 SVT Cobra

Last edited by Serpent; 02-10-2013 at 07:39 PM.
post #41 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 07:39 PM

Very cool glad it ran.... whats next the tune up?

Bullitt 3130 has a few modifications , JLT CAI, 3.73 gears, BMR rear lower control arms, TimSpeed performance Custom rear upper control arms, Traenkner Bros Performance rear shock tower brace, SCT 93 octane Tune, Silverhorse Racing oil catch can, and an teenage(13) female Mechanic.

So let me know what you need..

post #42 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65MUSTANG01
You mind if I ask what shipping company you used? I'm looking at out of state cars and considering shipping. Thanks.
Alpine Auto Transporters. by far, the best price.

888-444-0079

1996 SVT Cobra

post #43 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtrae03130
Very cool glad it ran.... whats next the tune up?
definitely. need to get it to run to do some of the other stuff. found out whicle underneath, that the lower control arm bushing also on the driver side is shot. so will need to be able to move it to do that and get it aligned.

1996 SVT Cobra

post #44 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBit
Alpine Auto Transporters. by far, the best price.

888-444-0079

Thanks!

'01 DHG Bullitt 3402

post #45 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65MUSTANG01
Thanks!
no problem

1996 SVT Cobra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode