TimSpeed: 1967 Olds Cutlass Build - IMBOC
 71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

TimSpeed: 1967 Olds Cutlass Build

found the next project for the crew at TimSpeed. We will be adding a new crew member, he will be in training for quite some time....my son. Finally found a car he likes. He is into the 60's 4 doors so here it is:

will be minus the rims in the pictures, will have the stock wheels and hub caps. car is in Alabama now and I am waiting to hear from the shipper on getting it here. had taken a loan out on the Cobra to get something to teach him about cars and although I am in a fix with SnakeBit now, told him I was not using the money on my car since I promised him we would find something.

plans are for chrome rims (he likes chrome) and to paint it Black. car has approximately 69K on the clock, 330 V8, 2barrel, 2 speed powerglide tranny. has air, ps, no power brakes and allegedly very little rust...only behind the front fenders at the rocker, cracked windshield and dent on right rear quarter. interior is said to per very nice including the seats. so we shall see......

let me know if anyone is interested in watching as things take place...will be very slow due to finances, but it is a start and he is very excited.

1996 SVT Cobra
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Charles

GONE TO PLAID!

Post it up as often as you like.

You two have fun!
post #3 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 09:46 PM

You Broke the Server!

Garage
Is he going to daily drive it

Konis,Eibach sportlines,MM caster camber plates,MM X adjustable lower control arms,MGW Shifter,Alum driveshaft,Mac Prochamber,Mach chin spoiler,19" Forged wheels with BFG 255/295
Best 1/4mile Vortech V1 13.29@106mph

post #4 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Supporting Member

Garage
Good luck to the boy!

Tony Alonso
2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt - black, #1118, VIN 1FAFP42X21F213026
2009 Ford Mustang Bullitt - highland green, #6323, VIN 1ZVHT82H995129122
2018 Ford Mustang Bullitt - highland green, #nnnn, VIN 1nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ?
post #5 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 09:57 PM
Supporting Member

Very cool! Have fun with your son playing with this car.

Greg
Bullitt #4003 - Dark Highland Green & 2015 Premium GT - Guard
post #6 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

thanx everyone, he is only 14 so no daily driver or driving at all for awhile. just work or should I say teaching and work. gotta break out some old tools if I still have them...timing light, dwell meter, distributor wrench and assorted other stuff that hasn't been used in years.

1996 SVT Cobra

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

post #7 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 11:37 PM

You Broke the Server!

Congrats Tim and son, you will have lots of fun. No metric wrenches used on her.

Visit the New HoonDog Performance Group Website and the New HoonDog Performance Group Forum.

Johnny Lightening 93 Octane tune, Detroit Rocker Cams, Shorty Headers, Green air filter, Quarter window louvers, SHR Black taillight bezels, Lower grille inserts, Radiator close out panels, engine dress up kit,and deck lid honeycomb panel. Sequential taillights, Retro 60's parking lights, Black wrinkle cam coversl,MGW shifter, Rear Diffuser, 2013 rear view mirrors

post #8 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 11:54 PM
Quest for single digits

Absolutely want to see the build Tim. Congrats
post #9 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 08:28 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

The guys over at Traenkner Performance South want to watch this as well...

Bullitt 3130 has a few modifications , JLT CAI, 3.73 gears, BMR rear lower control arms, TimSpeed performance Custom rear upper control arms, Traenkner Bros Performance rear shock tower brace, SCT 93 octane Tune, Silverhorse Racing oil catch can, and an teenage(13) female Mechanic.
I am also your Orlando Croftgate Dealer So let me know what you need..
post #10 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 12:31 PM

PY-Like BullittHead

Once he gets his license, he is going to be the only kid in his school that will be able to bring all his friends to the Drive In with his car.
post #11 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

funny you should say that.....one of the reasons why he likes 4 doors is that he could take his friends with him and not have to move a seat to get them in.

1996 SVT Cobra

post #12 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Friend of IMBOC

Let me know if you need to borrow any of those classic tools....just gathering dust at my place....
post #13 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Thumbs up

Hello Tim,

Can't offer any tools as I don't work on cars including mine.

But just wish to say it is nice of you (Dad) to do this project with your 14 year old Son.

Look forward to seeing and reading the progress as it takes shape.

Nice Dad for sure.

Brenspeed Talks about a Long Term 1,000 at the Crank H/P Project and Dream Car.

Click on Video Link below to see it on the DYNO
with
it making a Full Blown, Wide-Open, Drive-By.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-brenspeed-talks-about-long-term-projects-and-dream-cars/

post #14 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLITT3230
Let me know if you need to borrow any of those classic tools....just gathering dust at my place....
Thanx Kurt!!!!!!!! I have to go thru some boxes and see what I have left as far as the timing light and dwell meter. will also rummage my tool box for some of the other stuff. I actually had to buy brake tools when we still had the Durango, prior to our "visit" up near you with the radiator disaster. that car had drums on the back. a friend of mine who is like my adopted son, helped with that, had not seen drum brakes before and has a mechanical engineering degree.....he was amazed at the whole scene when looked at it. wondered what they were thinking back then.......... so I have the brake tools now, although I am told the brakes are real good on the car now.

1996 SVT Cobra

post #15 of 349 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Hello Tim,

Can't offer any tools as I don't work on cars including mine.

But just wish to say it is nice of you (Dad) to do this project with your 14 year old Son.

Look forward to seeing and reading the progress as it takes shape.

Nice Dad for sure.

Thanx Terry! in the meantime, gonna start collecting parts for the Snake to get it fixed.....since it is my DD I have to do something soon.

1996 SVT Cobra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode