• 1 Post By tigerhonaker
  • 2 Post By nelsonbullitt
  • 2 Post By Bullitt2059
  • 1 Post By sganow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

1/4 mile or twisties. Choices, choices

Finally got the driver's side airbag replaced on the Bullitt today. While waiting, I noticed two 2017 Stangs in the showroom. Both black. No stripes...just looking sinister as all get out. One a Rouch with a blower, the other a 350GTR with goodies. I offered to buy the GTR if they'd remove the $10,000 "price adjustment". No sale. Either one required a $70,000 check...

So, muttering to myself that I didn't really want it anyway, I drove home in my slow & obsolete Bullitt Mustang. Hey, it'll still get me to my favorite pool hall even if it won't rev to 8,300...
TrueBlue02058 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 09:57 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
Finally got the driver's side airbag replaced on the Bullitt today. While waiting, I noticed two 2017 Stangs in the showroom. Both black. No stripes...just looking sinister as all get out. One a Roush with a blower, the other a 350GTR with goodies. I offered to buy the GTR if they'd remove the $10,000 "price adjustment". No sale. Either one required a $70,000 check...

So, muttering to myself that I didn't really want it anyway, I drove home in my slow & obsolete Bullitt Mustang. Hey, it'll still get me to my favorite pool hall even if it won't rev to 8,300...
Paul,

Both of those would be very nice Machines for a person to own and drive.

I have no doubt they had the $10K ADP (Additional-Dealer-Profit) Sticker on the GTR.

You know in the years that have gone by I have actually just a few times wanted a specific car so bad I have paid over MSRP for them.

And what I found out quickly was when trading it right back to the exact same Dealership it was not Worth 1-cent more than if I had purchased it at Dealer Cost !!!

Now that I have said the above I don't blame the dealerships for what they price their cars at all.

I'm simply saying Buyer {Beware} !!!

Terry
pwd72s likes this.

Brenspeed Talks about a Long Term 1,000 at the Crank H/P Project and Dream Car.

Click on Video Link below to see it on the DYNO
with
it making a Full Blown, Wide-Open, Drive-By.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-brenspeed-talks-about-long-term-projects-and-dream-cars/

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 10:33 PM

One twistie please!

DHG # 01251-127,000+ miles -ACCEL COP's-LED 3rd Brake Light-Web Electric Sequential Turn Signals-Magnaflow Magnapack Catback Exhaust-Koni STR.T Struts and Shocks-Bullitt Center Caps from On in 60-JLT RAI DHG -Chin Spoiler -Mach 1 Grille Delete-FarmerDons Custom Mesh Grille Insert
USAF 70-74

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
Finally got the driver's side airbag replaced on the Bullitt today. While waiting, I noticed two 2017 Stangs in the showroom. Both black. No stripes...just looking sinister as all get out. One a Rouch with a blower, the other a 350GTR with goodies. I offered to buy the GTR if they'd remove the $10,000 "price adjustment". No sale. Either one required a $70,000 check...

Just wait. The '18 GT with direct injection will likely come close to the 350 in many performance aspects. Ford reworking the 6 speed and the new 10 speed auto. I have a feeling they are going to sell like hot cakes in the 40-45k range.
tigerhonaker and pwd72s like this.

Former owner of 6010.
2011 Mustang GT
Mods: JBA ss ceramic coated 1 7/8 headers with HF cats and stock axlebacks. Roush 2300 TVS supercharger with upgraded fuel delivery (47lb injectors, boost-a-pump, H0 plugs). Dyno'd 591 RWHP(w/stock exhaust). Boss oil cooler. Exedy 500 clutch w/billit steel flywheel. Whiteline rear LCAs, Tokico D-spec adjustable shocks/struts, BMR watts link and relocation brackets. Ford Racing "P" springs. DS shop carbon fiber driveshaft.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 10:45 AM

Monster BullittHead

WOW they wouldn't take the dealer markup off with an offer to buy it on the spot? Some dealers are horrible. Recently getting my airbag done, I was looking at a decked out Focus RS. The car was like $43k, then had a dealer markup of $5k. 48,000 for a focus... but anyway as I was looking they said if I was interested we could work something out. I said no way I would ever pay more than sticker for a car like that. They said if I bought it they would take the 5k off. I still didn't because then I'd have to install internet and cable in my doghouse.
tigerhonaker and FarmerDon like this.

93 Race tune by Bama performance, FR500S mufflers, 2011+ 13.2inch rotor upgrade, MGW shifter, BMR adjustable Panhard bar, GT500 finned Differential cover ~ "Thats thinkin with your dipstick Jimmy!" ~
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Well, I guess I didn't really expect them to drop their "dealer price adjustment". Isn't that a cute way of saying "If you want this car, we're going to gouge you."? Hey, I'm all for free enterprise, and there is that old supply and demand thing, so I wish 'em lots of luck.

My emotions got ahead of me, I guess. Logically, I need that car about as much as my diabetic diet needs donuts. I only drive the Bullitt an average of 3,000 miles per year, to my favorite pool hall & back over roads that have traffic that doesn't allow me to use even the low power of a stock '09 Bullitt. The Bullitt odo sits around 24,700...lots of miles left. Honestly, the 350GT is no place for this old man.

Now that I'm not looking at the damned thing, it's easier for logic to take over. It's just that in all black, no stripes, the 350GT looks sooo damned sinister and menacing. Well, it was nice to fantasize...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 01:58 PM

PY-Like BullittHead

With the $10k dealer markup, it is still sitting there. They must be really attached to it. I hope they choke on it, but I'm sure eventually someone with more money than brains will walk in and buy the damn thing.

Now the real question... IF they had dropped the $10k markup, would you have gone through with buying the car???
pwd72s likes this.

TB Bullitt #5019
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sganow View Post
With the $10k dealer markup, it is still sitting there. They must be really attached to it. I hope they choke on it, but I'm sure eventually someone with more money than brains will walk in and buy the damn thing.

Now the real question... IF they had dropped the $10k markup, would you have gone through with buying the car???

Yep. Cindy would have killed me, but yep... Today, a cooler head prevails. Maybe I'd have been able to flip it for a mere $5K markup?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode