Add New Supercharged & N/A (Naturally Aspirated) 400 Plus H/P Section !!! - Page 4 - IMBOC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Quest for single digits

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLITT3230
there seems to be more who prefer power being blown....
You are so correct my friend. I still prefer a supercharger on my car though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 02:21 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylan1521
You are so correct my friend. I still prefer a supercharger on my car though
oh I see what you did there....hahaha....agree!!

...at the most maybe a sub-section of the mods section for people with highly modified bullitts to discuss larger mods than your average bolt-on stuff, but I think a whole separate section just for people with 400hp is kinda unnecessary

2001 DHG Mustang Bullitt #00293 - "The Green Monster"
2001 Black Mustang Bullitt #05466
Stock/Daily Driver

Last edited by TheCat033; 09-19-2009 at 02:28 PM.
post #48 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 07:17 PM

Monster BullittHead

Cool

My take is if you are looking to get folks "together", then how about a separate tech forum? You could put sub sections like engine mods, power adders, suspension, ect... You can then "sticky" relevant information unique to each year group. A few of the other forums I go to are arranged like this and it is easy to navigate and search for specific info about a mod.

J. Lance Walker Retired USAF
Former owner of 2001 DHG #3309
2012 Premium GT, Black/Brembo's/3:73/GT500 Axle-backs/BOSS Valence/splitter
post #49 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb Latest Up-Date ..........

Latest Up-Date ..........

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1995192#post1995192

Terry aka "tigerhonaker"

Brenspeed Talks about a Long Term 1,000 at the Crank H/P Project and Dream Car.

Click on Video Link below to see it on the DYNO
with
it making a Full Blown, Wide-Open, Drive-By.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-brenspeed-talks-about-long-term-projects-and-dream-cars/

post #50 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 05:42 PM

Garage
Sticky headers in the mod section would work for me. It would also facilitate community, whereas separate sections promotes segregation and makes a search more difficult for those people wanting to find threads on specific subjects.

So, I'm a NO to a separate section. A YES to a Sticky sub-section.

My name is David J. Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me that. You can call me David. Or you can call me David J. Or you can call me David Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me David J. Midgley....
post #51 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 05:45 PM
Car Whisperer

the secrets will all be out.........

1996 SVT Cobra
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

post #52 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 05:46 PM
Car Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkman003309
My take is if you are looking to get folks "together", then how about a separate tech forum? You could put sub sections like engine mods, power adders, suspension, ect... You can then "sticky" relevant information unique to each year group. A few of the other forums I go to are arranged like this and it is easy to navigate and search for specific info about a mod.
I agree, good idea.

1996 SVT Cobra

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

post #53 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 05:48 PM
Car Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCat033
oh I see what you did there....hahaha....agree!!

...at the most maybe a sub-section of the mods section for people with highly modified bullitts to discuss larger mods than your average bolt-on stuff, but I think a whole separate section just for people with 400hp is kinda unnecessary
I would agree with this also. plus getting to 400 the N/A route is very different and more intensive as to mods than slapping on a S/C or turbo. think it would be better reading and of use to people assessing their own desires and wallets to help make decisions when striving for that number.

1996 SVT Cobra

post #54 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 05:52 PM
Car Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5111
I'm with these guys. The last thing that we need is ANOTHER forum.
my last, "I would agree with this too". there is enough to sort thru now, I would suggest just allowing sub headings under the mod section so a person can go and find what they are looking for that way.

we have the dyno shop for both the 01 and the 08-09 already that would be the place for bragging rights and anyone can list their high HP car there and we don't have to add anything. sometimes more is not better.

1996 SVT Cobra

post #55 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 02:53 PM
Banned

????????????? What Ever Happened Here?????????????????????????

Yes I Really Liked The Idea Of This Thread.this All Happened Before I Got Thu Power To

Be A Contributor,but I Can Doit Now.ye Know I Forgot All About This Thread.outa Sight Outa

Mind.so Lets Getit Going,what Happened Anyway??????????????????????
post #56 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 03:06 PM

Garage
Reality Bob, reality.

Separating the threads does nothing to promote community. Personally, all I do is log on, and punch the "New Posts" header, then last "24 hours" on the drop down for the most recent postings. It's lists the most recent down to the 24 hour ago mark. Usually, I am here at least once a day.

Any one doing a serious mechanical mod to their Bullitt shows what they are doing in the title bar of their post. Or a bodywork mod the same way. If you don't like reading about the bodywork dealings of a car you don't click on that one posting. If you do like it, you click on it.

My name is David J. Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me that. You can call me David. Or you can call me David J. Or you can call me David Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me David J. Midgley....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode