Small Bullitt World..... - IMBOC
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By BULLITT3230

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Friend of IMBOC

Small Bullitt World.....

Tami and I camped at Jekyll Island off the southern coast of GA this past week.
We were part of a Vintage Trailer group camping on the island....where the campground was taken over with over 80 vintage trailers from the 40's to the 70's, and well over 200 people.

It was like taking a step back in time to my childhood...and of course Tami loved the opportunity to dress like a hippie chic given the theme for the Rally was "Groovy Beach Bash"....

Every night there was some organized activity, from an ice cream social, a breakfast potluck, a catered dinner, and a 70's dance night.

So, the first night, at the ice cream social, Tami and I sit down at a table with people we had never met.
Tami was wearing the 2006 San Francisco Bullitt Nationals shirt, which, for those not in the know was designed in wild vibrant 60's Peter Maxx style. Which...caught the attention of one sitting at the table...and...he noticed it was Bullitt...
and said....

Hey...you have a Bullitt?? I have a Bullitt!

We were stunned! In a Vintage trailer group, out of over 200 people, and we sit down at a table with a fellow Bullitthead!!

He has an 08 #2789, and is registered here.

I tried to talk him into coming to the Savannah Nat's, but, he and his wife had other vacation plans at the same time...

But...what a small freakin world!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 06:39 PM
Supporting Member

Amazing coincidence indeed. Thanks for sharing the tale.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode