Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Arriving tuesday

2K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  6treva9 
#1 ·
well tuesday afternoon I arrive in oakland, will be there till sat. might try and check out alcatraz on tuesday after i get all checked in. fly out sat night. sometime during this time looking to cruise some of the bullitt sites there. ....
Ed

#5 · (Edited)
I was stationed at NAS Alameda,Jan-Sep,maybe Oct? 1964. I really liked that area of Calif. right across the bay from S.F. Beautiful weather there. Girls used to call on the phones in the hallway to talk to any body that would pick up, then pretend they were calling for Joe etc.. I had a car there,59 Chev Convert,but it was in storage at the time,long story here,I know, but anyway I took a bus over to Oakland one night to meet a girl that I talked with on the phone. It was just a quick meet & greet and back on the bus. Oakland was a just a little scary at night then, and times were much safer.
Just one story of the great adventures of the members of IMBOC. P.S. I know this is not facebook (whatever that is?) More car story? I broke reverse (3speed stick on the floor) on the Chev and drove it that way for about a year. Wanted to back up? no problem.. just turn around grab the bumper and grunt.Even drove it back to K.C. for leave,had it fixed before going back to Calif.

#7 ·

People say you go west you have to get an in n out . well got the double double.

#14 ·
What a morning. All I can say is thank you Treva. It was a blast riding thru the San Fransisco streets in you True Blue Bullitt. You have one very nice Bullitt, the exhaust sounds great listening to you drive up the hill very nice. and when the couple came down the street to talk with us about the car and how they thought Nascar had come to Knob Hill as you drove by they're place. what a great experience. as always Bullitthead some thru. it was very strange being in the passenger seat, and I will have to post some of the over the scoop pics as they are different from most peoples. Thank you once again for the Tour. you went above and beyond coming over there to Oakland to pick me up. if you are ever in Florida please let me know. we will take my Bullitt on some boring flat florida roads.....

#15 · (Edited)
Ed,
That was ABSOLUTELY my pleasure!

I have to give a "Shout Out" of thanks to Kurt, Bullitt3230, for helping me with directions and a guide to get to a few of the places we went.
It probably seems strange, seeing as how I live 45 minutes away from San Francisco, but I don't get up there much, and the ONLY time I've driven the Bullitt up there was with other Bullitts, and I'm not the "lead" car, let alone, the ONLY car :) !! So, thank you Kurt!

Today is officially the day where I stop saying "I Hate San Francisco" !!!
I had a BLAST driving around the streets of SF, with Ed navigating (I told you being a passenger was going to be weird!!!), and it was an enlightening experience for me...funny how things happen :)

Ed, I'm really sorry it was such a short trip...I'm not feeling 100% yet, under the weather, and all that shifting was starting to get to me.

Thank you for posting those pictures, they are great !!

It was very nice to meet you. Hope your flight home is a good one.

#17 ·
6treva9 said:
Ed,
That was ABSOLUTELY my pleasure!

I have to give a "Shout Out" of thanks to Kurt, Bullitt3230, for helping me with directions and a guide to get to a few of the places we went.
It probably seems strange, seeing as how I live 45 minutes away from San Francisco, but I don't get up there much, and the ONLY time I've driven the Bullitt up there was with other Bullitts, and I'm not the "lead" car, let alone, the ONLY car :) !! So, thank you Kurt!

Today is officially the day where I stop saying "I Hate San Francisco" !!!
I had a BLAST driving around the streets of SF, with Ed navigating (I told you being a passenger was going to be weird!!!), and it was an enlightening experience for me...funny how thongs happen :)

Ed, I'm really sorry it was such a short trip...I'm not feeling 100% yet, under the weather, and all that shifting was starting to get to me.

Thank you for posting those pictures, they are great !!

It was very nice to meet you. Hope your flight home is a good one.
Treva,
no need for the apology, you went above and beyond just getting out and driveing under those conditions. many thanks. I have great pics and some great memories, and naviating was different that is for sure but it was fun as well. get well and then get back over there and drive those hills. let me know if you hear what ford is up to on monday. it will be interesting to see what they do.
these were posted all around the area of Clay and Taylor and around the Grace Cathederal. wonder what ford may be shooting......
one more getting ready to head downhill..

#19 ·
most excellent Ed!!!! When you get back , if I am not mistaken, think there is still an In and Out burger place in Gainesville for your dining pleasure....

#20 ·
If I get back. they had mechanical issues with the plane, dleayed my flight so I couldnt make the connecting flight. i get t phx and my suitecase is in orlando already they sent it on an earlier flight because i got the the airport early. ..

#21 ·
edtrae03130 said:
If I get back. they had mechanical issues with the plane, dleayed my flight so I couldnt make the connecting flight. i get t phx and my suitecase is in orlando already they sent it on an earlier flight because i got the the airport early. ..
That just sucks.

Did you make it home?

#24 ·
what is animal style..... and I finally got home at 8:30 lastnight. but it was all worth it for the driving around with Treva in her Bullitt...

#25 · (Edited)
In & Out has a basic menu...
On the board are single, double, triple, fries, drink, shakes, etc...basic menu.

For those in the know, there is an entire litany of 'secret' menu items...you just have to know the code...

Everyone knows the classic...instead of a double (stated on the board), you can order it as a double double (two meat patties and two cheese slices) or simplified as 2x2, or 3x3, or 4x4, etc. It can also be ordered in any variance, say a 3x1 (3 meat and 1 cheese slice) to any degree. But beyond the number scheme, there are others:

A hamburger ordered "Animal Style" as example receives a hamburger where the meat patties have been grilled with an additional mustard sauce, and topped with a pile of grilled onions in addition to the regular toppings.

There are additional secret menu items pertaining to their burgers, as well as fries, drinks and shakes.....
As example, some of the other menu items not found on the board:

Other burger items:
Flying Dutchman (wrapped in lettuce and no bun), Protein style (a 2x2 with no bun or veggies), Grilled Cheese (no meat, just cheese), Veggie (no meat or cheese), Chopped Chilies (packs of yellow peppers), Spread (thousand island), as well as 4 different onion styles (sliced or chopped, raw or grilled), and pickles on request

Fries can be ordered light, light well, well, extra well, Animal and cheese

Drinks: Lemon up (lemonade and 7-up), Arnold Palmer (lemonade and tea)

Shakes: Choco-vanilla, Neopolitan, as well as large and extra-large

#26 ·
BULLITT3230 said:
In & Out has a basic menu...
On the board are single, double, triple, fries, drink, shakes, etc...basic menu.

For those in the know, there is an entire litany of 'secret' menu items...you just have to know the code...

Everyone knows the classic...instead of a double (stated on the board), you can order it as a double double (two meat patties and two cheese slices) or simplified as 2x2, or 3x3, or 4x4, etc. It can also be ordered in any variance, say a 3x1 (3 meat and 1 cheese slice) to any degree. But beyond the number scheme, there are others:

A hamburger ordered "Animal Style" as example receives a hamburger where the meat patties have been grilled with an additional mustard sauce, and topped with a pile of grilled onions in addition to the regular toppings.

There are additional secret menu items pertaining to their burgers, as well as fries, drinks and shakes.....
As example, some of the other menu items not found on the board:

Other burger items:
Flying Dutchman (wrapped in lettuce and no bun), Protein style (a 2x2 with no bun or veggies), Grilled Cheese (no meat, just cheese), Veggie (no meat or cheese), Chopped Chilies (packs of yellow peppers), Spread (thousand island), as well as 4 different onion styles (sliced or chopped, raw or grilled), and pickles on request

Fries can be ordered light, light well, well, extra well, Animal and cheese

Drinks: Lemon up (lemonade and 7-up), Arnold Palmer (lemonade and tea)

Shakes: Choco-vanilla, Neopolitan, as well as large and extra-large
I guess I'll just have to make another trip out there..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.