Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Circuit of the Americas Track

775 views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Big Stig 
#1 ·
Second time watching the Rolex race today...Yeah, I know how it ends already.

Decided to see what track rental would be.

$50,000 per day

So all we need to do is get about 100 cars break up into 20 minutes sessions for 33 cars per session and it would cost $500 per car.

Who's in?

Gotta turn left AND right though.

#3 ·
$500 is a small price to pay for the memories you would get in return, but as you can see from David's reaction I think it would be difficult to get 100 drivers to sign up at $500 each for a day. Maybe the guys at BMO might be a little more receptive.

#4 ·
Little Talledaga rents out for between $100-$200. Not one of the great road courses, but it is affordable and makes for a fun day.

When 3230 was new, I could get into Road Atlanta for about $125/day...but I think they have jacked that track up since then...Ken would know now...

#5 ·
Track day at TMS was $100, it's not a road course. I have no idea what it would cost now, but it is more!

We have a road course southwest of Fort Worth, not a "World Class" track, but there just the same. I beleive there are some club membership and usage fees, but if I recall correctly they are much, much less than the TMS fees. My, long since deceased, brother-in-law took a track car out on that course several times. I think he rented the car from a member and advised me it cost less than going to TMS for a few rounds of the track. He then commenced a Cobra replica build to take to that track. Unfortuately, he never finished the build.

I am sure there are several track options, and would hope that you would get what you paid for....being more money equaling more track, more time on the track, more facilities.

I doubt that 100 cars is even close to being realistic, we don't get that many to a Nationals event. I'm thinking that Paul is looking at some unobtainium with wistful eyes and a Mach 1 track car in the garage. ;-)

#7 ·
I like the way you dream Paul. ;-) I am wishing the math worked out better for this or some similar project of it's ilke. I still think about the 07 Nationals in Tulsa and the track time there, or 2012 and the track time at Indy. Missed both. GRRR!

Have fun at the track, I'd love to take a go round someplace with the Bullitt, but the insurance won't cover me, and I am still on tender ground from someone's previous shenanigans years ago. And no, it wasn't me that had the problem....so, no track time just yet.

#8 · (Edited)
Hey, there is nothing wrong with dreaming. :smile: There are just so many driving clubs out there now and with the anemic economy (US anyway), there aren't enough registrants to go around. I think it was Track Guys that had to cancel Barber last month because they could only get 44 registrants, and that was 500 for 2 days. I would sure be out there at least one weekend a month if I had the means. It's not just the track fees and travel costs, the brakes and tires and other maintenance adds up fast too. I am a momentum driver more than a dive bomber, so I get a pretty amount of use out of my brakes and tires.

#9 ·
DavidMidgley said:
I'd love to take a go round someplace with the Bullitt, but the insurance won't cover me.
Don't let that stop you. There are track day insurance policies available. I admit that I take a chance not getting it. I might get it for VIR since that is a fast and technical track. The policy costs as much as the track fee, but it is cheaper than fixing an expensive car if you end up making contact with someone or a wall.

#10 ·
BULLITT3230 said:
Little Talledaga rents out for between $100-$200. Not one of the great road courses, but it is affordable and makes for a fun day.

When 3230 was new, I could get into Road Atlanta for about $125/day...but I think they have jacked that track up since then...Ken would know now...
LT is on the cheap side and so is Roebling and Carolina Motorsports Park, and for the money they are a better value. Road Atlanta will run you at least $300 for a day, $200 a day for 2 day minimum with NASA-SE (but not as much track time as HPDE clubs due to the racing and time trials). The new Atlanta Motorsports Park is slightly more expensive than Road Atlanta.

#11 ·
Big Stig said:
Hey, there is nothing wrong with dreaming. :smile: There are just so many driving clubs out there now and with the anemic economy (US anyway), there aren't enough registrants to go around. I think it was Track Guys that had to cancel Barber last month because they could only get 44 registrants, and that was 500 for 2 days. I would sure be out there at least one weekend a month if I had the means. It's not just the track fees and travel costs, the brakes and tires and other maintenance adds up fast too. I am a momentum driver more than a dive bomber, so I get a pretty amount of use out of my brakes and tires.
I hear you Ken.

Last time I ran the Mach last year was at Mosport. For those that don't know this was a Formula 1 track. Andretti straight I hit 155 mph with a lot of high speed corners. I went through 14 gallons of 100 0ctane. A complete set of hawk pads and a pair of Toyo Proxies I had on the front. See pic......I've loaded up on the Hoosiers as I've been told they stick better than the Toyo's. We shall see but suspension is all tweaked so it's gonna stick better even if it's on street tires.

#12 ·
kaylan1521 said:
If I had photoshop I would take that picture and replace the tires with stacks of money. :wink:

People have complained about cording one of their new tires at Carolina Motorsports Park. Some tracks are really hard on tires and brakes.

#13 ·
I would love to do a track day. For me there is no need for anything super fancy. I have no experience (on a race track) so something a bit slower and easier and cheaper would be just fine with me.

#14 ·
hoosierblackbullitt said:
I would love to do a track day. For me there is no need for anything super fancy. I have no experience (on a race track) so something a bit slower and easier and cheaper would be just fine with me.

Putnam Park looks affordable (under $300) and fun.

http://putnampark.com/wp/index.php/the-track-2/track-map/

You can find events to register at Motorsportsreg.com:
http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/calendar

When you sign up in a beginner group you always have an instructor with you, until they feel you are ready to drive solo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.