Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Spare tire wheel prblem solved

7K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  tigerhonaker 
#1 ·
I found NOS US-Mag wheel for spare tire. Wheel has been made late 1960´s or early 1970´s. Little cleaning and it looks good as when it was new. Pictures of wheel and other spare tire related items are here.

#2 ·
Nice job looks like new.Wear safety glasses when working on the lathe please.

#4 ·
I bought a donut spare on line .Am getting the jack package later this month.

#6 ·
A donut spare is ok if you are going to stay around the house. I bought a wheel like the ones on the Bullitt along with a BFG and put it in the trunk. Last year I was enroute to Orange Beach Al when I ran over some debris in the road and tore the sidewall out of the tire. I had to run the spare for 3 days before being able to purchase a new BFG. If I hadn't had the right spare I would have been shut down for 3 days.

#7 ·
highwayman820 said:
A donut spare is ok if you are going to stay around the house. I bought a wheel like the ones on the Bullitt along with a BFG and put it in the trunk. Last year I was enroute to Orange Beach Al when I ran over some debris in the road and tore the sidewall out of the tire. I had to run the spare for 3 days before being able to purchase a new BFG. If I hadn't had the right spare I would have been shut down for 3 days.
Actually this donut is right size. 195/65-15" tire has same diameter as 225/45-17" tire. I can drive home anywhere with that wheel tire compo. If diameter at spare tire and other tires is differet and I blow rear tire then it will be problem besauce limted slip rear end will burn/worn out (traction lock if you use Detroit locker then it is different sittuation).

#9 ·
John every once in a while a member on this site will get new wheels . If we are lucky he or she will sell the bullitt wheels to us. To use the full size wheel as a spare you have to let some of the air out of the tire, it will then fit in the well. This is not a problem because we have the fix-o-flat compressor in the trunk to pump it up should the need arise.I was lucky enough to get one from a member a couple of months ago at a very good price.Watch the forums and check in daily.Post up letting other members know that you are in the market to buy a full size bullitt wheel/tire for your trunk.Getting one is kind of a right place right time thing,the four wheels were gone in about 3 minutes.

#12 ·
Brenspeed Banner is at Top Center with 4-Others, they Rotate.

RCSignals said:
Are we mixing '68s and '08s here?

Terry why is Brenspeed's banner in our sig and not at the top of the page?
They are sponsors here, right?
RC,

Yes, Brenspeed is a Paid Legit Vendor now.

I know because I Paid for it Personally.

Brenspeed did the Banner Specially for this Bullitt IMBOC Site.

That is why it has on the Left side of the Banner different Pics rotating of the Bullitt Mustang.

Plus the Green Color for the Banner.

It is Not a Generic Banner, it is Specific to IMBOC.

The Brenspeed Banner is at the Top Center along with I think 4-others.

They Rotate as we log onto the Forums or do a Refresh Screen.

Refresh your Screen and you will see the different one's Rotate.

As I recall they are:

Michael Irvine
On in 60
Pioneer
Top Mustang Sites
Brenspeed

Terry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.