Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Rim & Tire size?

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  JcodeBullitt 
#1 ·
I am planing to use American Racing Torq Thrust 15x7 rims and 225x60R15 tires on my .67cal. Has anyone used this tire set up?

#4 ·
Have not yet decided on tire size. I had read that the orig tires used would translate to a modern day 225/70R-15...not sure. In any case the car is coming along. Slowly but surely. My 390 just got rebuilt and everything is getting close. I am signed up to get it out to the Bullitt 45th in SF... so that's the goal! I will be posting more pics soon.

#9 · (Edited)
68SCODE said:
I have been looking around at tire sizes a little more. I am thinking of going with a 215/65R15 Firestone tire. The movie car wore Firestones and they are pretty affordable. Tire is Firestone FR710. Any objections?
Those are the same exact tires & wheels (TTO) I'm running on my car!

This is where it got them!
http://www.treadsource.com/Firestone-FR710-with-UNI-T/

Ps..Movie car(s) had the "D's", but I like the TTO. I refinished the center sections with Eastwood's Charcoal Gray Wheel Paint.

#10 ·
Nice Mike! You have a link to any pics with the set up? Also, is there some documentation somewhere saying the movie cars were the D's? I have never seen anything decisive and an appeal to the movie footage is pretty hard to tell.

Anyway, glad to hear someone else is running this size/set up. Some pics would be great! Thanks!

#11 ·
68SCODE said:
Nice Mike! You have a link to any pics with the set up? Also, is there some documentation somewhere saying the movie cars were the D's? I have never seen anything decisive and an appeal to the movie footage is pretty hard to tell.

Anyway, glad to hear someone else is running this size/set up. Some pics would be great! Thanks!
John,

Check your Private Messages.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.